World war 3

I've been around for quite a while and seen lots of runs for the Presidency. Idiots that were picked for Veep, shifty eyed Nixon on his first attempt, the first actor president, Bush the moron president, and nothing... NOTHING  comes close to the idiocy of whats happening to your poor country right now, NOTHING. It's In-fucking-credible. History will look back and only can only cry, I swear it will cry. When the new president is crowned the winner, the biggest looser will be the American people. I see no up side to any of these sad assholes, that none of you picked. How the fuck has it gotten to where we are today?

• Like 4
  • Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This... does not go into orbit and return. Not to mention looks like a poor computer generated U-Tube. Come back when it's ten times larger to hold all the fuel and re-entry shielding and then grows wings.

We have our share of douchebags here.

Highlighted portions might be considered an accomplishment but releasing sketches and proposing outrageous pie in the sky schemes... these are not accomplishments. Any SiFi writer can do that. Making money on investments... that's what people do. How about the failed ones?

For the record the government is unlikely to rely on the private sector to go into outer space unless it has control, likely investment capitol.

This is Blue Origin. Not SpaceX. Get it right. SpaceX launches Satelites and re supplies the IST.

Blue is Bezos fun ride.. Also a test bed for a larger scale private space program.

For being around a long time you sure do miss important details.

This article might help you........might ;)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a18711/blue-origin-vs-spacex/

• Like 1

I've been around for quite a while and seen lots of runs for the Presidency. Idiots that were picked for Veep, shifty eyed Nixon on his first attempt, the first actor president, Bush the moron president, and nothing... NOTHING  comes close to the idiocy of whats happening to your poor country right now, NOTHING. It's In-fucking-credible. History will look back and only can only cry, I swear it will cry. When the new president is crowned the winner, the biggest looser will be the American people. I see no up side to any of these sad assholes, that none of you picked. How the fuck has it gotten to where we are today?

The sad true is, WE always get the president we deserve.

I've been around for quite a while and seen lots of runs for the Presidency. Idiots that were picked for Veep, shifty eyed Nixon on his first attempt, the first actor president, Bush the moron president, and nothing... NOTHING comes close to the idiocy of whats happening to your poor country right now, NOTHING. It's In-fucking-credible. History will look back and only can only cry, I swear it will cry. When the new president is crowned the winner, the biggest looser will be the American people. I see no up side to any of these sad assholes, that none of you picked. How the fuck has it gotten to where we are today?

It's truly sick., I think it has something to do with no one actually wanting the job. Who wants to steer the ship during iceberg shift? It's less than thankless. The media and people destroy you even if you do good for the nation. Anyone who would be a good president would likely prefer senate.

This is Blue Origin. Not SpaceX. Get it right. SpaceX launches Satelites and re supplies the IST.

Blue is Bezos fun ride.. Also a test bed for a larger scale private space program.

For being around a long time you sure do miss important details.

This article might help you........might ;)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a18711/blue-origin-vs-spacex/

Matt YOU posted them together so that parallels could be drawn? I assume the top vid wants to land like the blue origin below it? Blue origin is a carnival ride. SpaceX appears to be better at actually getting into space however the vid is just too glossy, too slick to be taken serious. (I grew up with serious space exploration from the 50s through the 70s) This looks like it's aimed at investors, so to me at least it's an infomercial.

I still say the blue origin landing vid is a computer generated fake. If it isn't, they should have noticed it looks like all those NASA Mars landing simulations. Maybe they dumbed it down? Anyway it looks plastic fake. 

Matt YOU posted them together so that parallels could be drawn? I assume the top vid wants to land like the blue origin below it? Blue origin is a carnival ride. SpaceX appears to be better at actually getting into space however the vid is just too glossy, too slick to be taken serious. (I grew up with serious space exploration from the 50s through the 70s) This looks like it's aimed at investors, so to me at least it's an infomercial.

I still say the blue origin landing vid is a computer generated fake. If it isn't, they should have noticed it looks like all those NASA Mars landing simulations. Maybe they dumbed it down? Anyway it looks plastic fake. 

Don't get hung up on minor details. They are posted parallel to give you a view of two private agencies developing interesting things.

This is a new generation trying to break away from our bloated space agency. The tech is real and very forward moving. 2017 SpaceX will ferry people into orbit, 2018 NASA will use SpaceX to launch a deep space habitat. 

Things like this always hearken a quote from pop culture. 

• Like 1

I like science. Engineering has never gotten anything right. Forward strides are always learned from past disasters.

This makes me lol. 

Engineering and Mathematics are the only thing that has given credibility to science. They are all synonymous and dependent on each-other for any type of results. I would also say that engineering gets it right more often than science. 

• Like 1

One of those guys sounds Canadian.

Where's Dick Rutan today? Where's our trip to space from Richard Branson (another, though British, Ellon Musk) and Virgin Galactic Launcher One? They found out that they need to develop larger and larger and increasingly larger engines to get just a  200 kg payload into orbit. 

How much did Musk spend on that infomercial?  Don't say it didn't cost tax payers anything. These 'private sector' guys are billionaires, BILLIONAIRES!!! from selling dreams.

One of those guys sounds Canadian.

Where's Dick Rutan today? Where's our trip to space from Richard Branson (another, though British, Ellon Musk) and Virgin Galactic Launcher One? They found out that they need to develop larger and larger and increasingly larger engines to get just a  200 kg payload into orbit. 

How much did Musk spend on that infomercial?  Don't say it didn't cost tax payers anything. These 'private sector' guys are billionaires, BILLIONAIRES!!! from selling dreams.

You hate them for being rich? Or strongly dislike them for it?

Rutan and Branson are still doing the space race too.  You can wiki these facts just as easy as banging out ratsun responses. 

If you like it or not money fosters progress.  Pessimistic regression is a ingredient of stagnation. The government doesn't have a monopoly on ideas. they just tax the hell out of them for social bullshit.

• Like 1

This makes me lol. 

Engineering and Mathematics are the only thing that has given credibility to science. They are all synonymous and dependent on each-other for any type of results. I would also say that engineering gets it right more often than science. 

Science imagines something. Engineering builds it. Mathmatics is used to find out what went wrong when engineering fails.  Look up the Comet the first commercial jet and how metal fatigue was discovered. The Tacoma narrows bridge collapse taught us about aerodynamics in bridge building. The Titanic, the Columbia shuttle, dam collapses, on and on. Disasters are what drives engineering forward. All engineering is built on past mistakes.

Science imagines something. Engineering builds it. Mathmatics is used to find out what went wrong when engineering fails.  Look up the Comet the first commercial jet and how metal fatigue was discovered. The Tacoma narrows bridge collapse taught us about aerodynamics in bridge building. The Titanic, the Columbia shuttle, dam collapses, on and on. Disasters are what drives engineering forward. All engineering is built on past mistakes.

Dude... Wrong again. Your idea of science is screwed.  Science is the act of controlled observation coupled with the introduction of variables to elicit other results already observed.....

Its study of and not invention of.  Engineering and math are for making of tangible things and science is watching things. Without them you have nothing..... Nothing..

Engineering has got it right or you would have nothing at your convenience...... the computer you are using is because an engineer and mathematician made it happen. The science part was learning from the mistakes. Science was wrong in every mistake on the way to a functioning object too.  

Even the Webster dictionary says you are wrong.

Or is this a case of  "I define my own words for argument convenience" 

sheesh I give up

• Like 1

Even the Webster dictionary says you are wrong.

Webster says that an opinion is wrong???

Science and maybe some math says we can go to the moon. They can't test this but theorize that it should work with the materials available... maybe. Engineers, using some math, builds a rocket and it blows up. Math and maybe some science finds that the engineering was faulty and a part started to oscillate and broke. Engineers build it bigger/stronger or w/e and move on to the next rocket keeping this in mind for similar situations. Engineering is built on mistakes that science and math cannot predict.

Dude you are are a funny man. The dictionary defines the meanings of words for a language..  You on the other hand think opinion by all means trumps reason and logic.

science doesn't dream up or invent. It is the act of observation..

Observe is a passive act. 

• Like 1

The very definition of opinion says that it trumps reason and logic. So.... yes.

This is my opinion on Engineering...

Webster says that an opinion is wrong???

Science and maybe some math says we can go to the moon. They can't test this but theorize that it should work with the materials available... maybe. Engineers, using some math, builds a rocket and it blows up. Math and maybe some science finds that the engineering was faulty and a part started to oscillate and broke. Engineers build it bigger/stronger or w/e and move on to the next rocket keeping this in mind for similar situations. Engineering is built on mistakes that science and math cannot predict.

Already posted my opinion on the SpacX and Blue Origin videos. Both are a slick infomercial for investors the Blue Origin looks fake. Good luck to them and Ellon Musk (and Richard Branson) You guys are truly the slickest of all.