1 owner, 23573 original mile 71 Goon

Did i join a Honda forum??? Would appear to be a tire... one of three that came from the factory on a 71 Datsun 510 Wagon. Why would i post a pic of a tire???

1. Computer is shit since little one got ahold. Doing what i can for pics.

2. I joined RATSUN.NET a week ago and have a Goon sitting on someodd 45 year old tires. How many of you can say that?

Im trying to get pics of everything but limited in equipment. I wanted a Goon, found this one, and i think its the last one of its kind. Came with an original bill of sale for $50 bucks. Is in need of full restoration but once finished, would be a restored 71 Wagon with 23xxx original miles.

Some admin fellow who seems to think i dont know what im doing questions a flip for profit or knowledge in the market. Well, i do, but a 71 Goon with 71 paperwork might be in a different ball game.

My plans you ask now?

Pull the IRS from the wrecked one and chop the underside of this one to swap. Yes.. cut and weld and do what i do best.. fab.

Decide on pulling the SR or KA from one and fabing it into the all original, unmolested Goon in question.

Probably cut out fender wells to air ride some Longchamps after welding over fenders in.

In conclusion... i have $1000 wrapped in to what may be the rarest Goon ever and willing. to let it go to you, the enthusiasts, to do whats right.

Thinking hell with it, wasting time with you guys just tear her down. Nobody wants to see pics of proof of what im saying so it doesnt matter.

For your first posts you're not giving off a good impression. Are you gloating? Sure seems like it. The people on this forum, and most specifically post #4, are INCREDIBLY KNOWLEDGEABLE, and you most defiantly will need to ask questions regarding steps of your build. 

0906151221_zpsxqtibh3n.jpg

Also, it seems as this 23xxx mile wagon has had a hard f*cking 23xxx miles. Either that or your odo is not original or has rolled over, once...or maybe twice.

My semi restored 4dr sedan has 83xxx miles on it which must be close to a billion in your eyes, came with the sales receipt from 21/03/1970 for $2706.75, and the original wheel/tire combo (I can post pics in your thread if you don't believe me). Mileage doesn't mean shit buddy, especially for old cars. It's about how they're maintained....

My point is change your attitude if you want to be able to use this resource, it would be a smart decision.

Cheers

• Like 7
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you didn't join a Honda forum, we are just a different class of dickheads around this place. Me, I'll just wait around for the better pics and see how this all shakes out.  Maybe some DB bought this ride a long time ago, ran out of money/interest/time/ambition and then it sat neglected for a loooonnnng time. It is possible, I have a coupe that I bought in '11 or '12....still not done, I have a Goon that I bought in '13 and all I have done to it is pull out the motor.

Geez guys, cut the newbie some slack eh?

now I'll be getting flamed B)

• Like 1

Is this truely a low mileage wagon? Maybe. Really hard to say only being able to see one picture.

But a new member shows up here with excitement about his rare find. In his mind, there is no doubt about the condition and mileage of this car. And you guys beat him up. Yes, he is adamant about his finding and also wants to believe it is what he thinks it is. Why kill his dream without being sure yourself?

Let's welcome him and help him discover the details. I know King Rat was trying to do that.

OP, please post up some more pics of this wagon so we can enjoy your find with you.

Being someone that has owned several low mileage, original Datsuns, I am hoping this wagon is just that. They are still out there.

• Like 3

You aren't in Kansas anymore.  Calling people on, hardly arguable the biggest Datsun forum around, stupid fucks is pretty laughable.  You can go back to where you came from and no one here is going to care.  So back up with the attitude, post some decent pictures, and stop with the attitude, or GTFO.

• Like 6

I'd believe it more if they were Bridgstone 5.60 x 13 4 ply tires made in Japan and not so worn out for 23K. And what about the spare? it should be a pristine unused example. Where is it?

Not convincing at all. Keep in mind the speedo only goes to 99,999 and starts all over. It may be, but hard t prove. Dash cracked? Heel wear under the gas pedal. Pedal wear? Steering wheel wear? Un-dented bumpers are nice. Driver's eat belt fuzzy from wear? Driver's door hinge worn? Should have the original woven rad and heater hoses with wire clamps on it. Possibly has the original anodized wiper blade holders with the replaceable blade and not those ugly plastic things. Four Toyo headlamps (not halogen) and the four factory wheel discs. At 23K and sitting since the early 80s it should have the original fuel pump/carb//starter/alternator not a rebuilt Bosch and the factory distributor cap and wires and rad. Other than oil/filter changes much of the original engine compartment stuff will be there. Starters and other parts do sometimes go bad for sure but if all original this helps support the 23K. My low mileage '74 710 has a perfectly unused cigarette lighter and the ash tray was used only for coin storage. Again not definitive but helps support one owner. It also had the original muffler with the part number embossed on it and no muffler clamps or repairs from a shop. It should have the original jack in front of the drivers seat and the tool pouch with lug wrench and tire chocks plus the release rod and handle for lowering the spare. I realize stuff goes missing, just saying if only driven for 10 years by one? owner this stuff wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Your picture disguises more than it helps. Body looks.... ok, I guess

It's definitely not the rarest goon ever. The picture doesn't help or do it justice either.

If not restoring it... just sell it to someone.

If 'building it up' with IRS, KA/SR, cutting and welding fenders yada yada yada it doesn't really matter how low the mileage or shape it's in does it? As for unmolested, you'll take care of that. IRS on a goon? Please. The H-190 is stronger and already in it. Don't go backwards. 'over fenders' on a four door??? You want to impress me? Tub it and fit the rims and tires properly.

I clearly said it's very difficult to prove, that's all. Hell you don't even have a picture of the odometer just a bald tire. The unused spare tire would say volumes. Anyone can say what they like including the guy who sold it to you. I can't even form an opinion about weather the car is what you say from that special effects green and purple picture. . Again, does it run? It's worth more original and running if selling. If you're just going to cut and fuck it up into a stance mobile what does all this matter?

• Like 1

I have the ORIGINAL spare tire from the '84 Maxima wagon.  Still has nubs on it.  Never hit the road.  And it has a 6 digit odometer, so I know the 106k when I bought it was original. Just sayin'.   ;)

Stance is soooooooo cool!

Start from scratch. Big Nissan Datsun fan. PICS NOW

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2011.56%20AM_zp

Biggest rust spot

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2011.56%20AM%20

tray of fuses and a dial for speakers

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2012.02%20PM_zp

Original distributor

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2012.00%20PM%20

Fuel pump

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2012.00%20PM_zp

No wear on floor pad. Carpet gone and pedals are like new

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2011.57%20AM_zp

Back seat material in great condition

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2011.58%20AM_zp

Steering and liner great condition, Pic backwards USED LAPTOP CAMERA SO NO PURPLE

Photo%20on%209-7-15%20at%2011.57%20AM%20

Don't want to destroy it, want someone to take it and make it new again. I do need a grill for it and would like an SSS or original if I build.

• Like 3

Familiar with 510s and Coronas. Wrong approach and I apologize but an pleased with it. we build VIP and stance cars and wanted to do a wagon. Just didn't expect to find one in original condition. And am doing a Cima (Q45) build slammed. We do everting tasteful in our opinion of course. More Nissans

LS turbo 240

11938854_10156115959535354_1078489191_n_

Cima tribute car

11998296_10156115960830354_660203998_n_z

trying to post pic of S30 cars too but...

• Like 2

As is, maybe $7-9k.

Much less now even if 23K miles on it, mileage alone doesn't make this worth that much. None of the pictures help, all show damage wear and missing pieces. No drive train, not a runner, seat torn, dash cracked, pieces missing... everything rusty. Maybe three times what you paid for it. Someone will have to put a lot into this. Can't be driven so suspension, brakes, steering and drivetrain are a total unknown. It's called a roller (needs to be pushed) and if 23K why would anyone pull the drive train out anyway??? I'd keep it rather than trying to sell it. Half the work is already done for you.

Wait a minute, the steering wheel is on the wrong side on that 510.

So's the fuel pump! Two makes a conspiracy.

Fix that rocker rust quick. Replacement rockers are being made these days. There is a bunch of age that is not necessarily driven age. But this was not stored well unfortunately. Shame on PO. Now the responsibility of the OP. Bring her back if you are into it. Camber is not going to get love on here, or at least it never has. not even certain you were planning on it though, as you stated that you wanted the right camber, implying factory. We shall see. Thanks for pics. Welcome to Ratsun. Hope you brought thick skin.

• Like 1

Motor needs rebuilt. Previous owner wanted the swap for hip coupe and pulled. Never finished and sold his coupe years years ago. Original green under ugly green and had a canvas top. Bought and used to deliver flowers in 70s so it was done to look like a flower i guess. Only point im trying to make is its a ground up resto. Mind you hasnt been messed with in 20 plus years so nobody has bought parts to replace failing parts. As far as missing, practically everything is accounted for

• Like 1

The bigger the wheels get and lower the fender gap gets the less my interest is. 

More Datsun. No Datsun. Pick one. 

15x8 Watanabes or Longs on air. I am a fabster… not a fapster, but love welding metal making and fabbing.

small wheels low frame cruiser is calling to it.

need a grill for it

• Like 1