1 owner, 23573 original mile 71 Goon

Drove 25 hours to Austin to pick her up but Im certain that my claim is true and heres why...

Driven from 71 to mid 80s then barn stored

No hacked electrical anywhere.

Shift knob has no wear

Steering wheel has no wear

Windows roll up and down great

All glass is flawless... not even pitted

Drivers side rubber floor perfect as the pedals have nearly no wear

Very little cancer. Spots of under paint, a little on the lower rockers. One small 3x2 hole dr front frame horn and areas at the lower door seams here n

Oh. Sitting on rotted, but original tires...yes, TIRES.

Much more evidence and pics to come, but i intend to build a 510, not restore one and not sure if she deserves what i have in mind. She needs a new home but dont know what she would be worth. Also does any of this sound typical of low milage or is everything I rattled off durable and able to stand the test of time?

• Like 1
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove 25 hours to Austin to pick her up but Im certain that my claim is true and heres why...

Driven from 71 to mid 80s then barn stored

No hacked electrical anywhere.

Shift knob has no wear

Steering wheel has no wear

Windows roll up and down great

All glass is flawless... not even pitted

Drivers side rubber floor perfect as the pedals have nearly no wear

Very little cancer. Spots of under paint, a little on the lower rockers. One small 3x2 hole dr front frame horn and areas at the lower door seams here n

Oh. Sitting on rotted, but original tires...yes, TIRES.

Much more evidence and pics to come, but i intend to build a 510, not restore one and not sure if she deserves what i have in mind. She needs a new home but dont know what she would be worth. Also does any of this sound typical of low milage or is everything I rattled off durable and able to stand the test of time?

So this is an investment flip for profit then? Why buy if you don't know what they sell for??? Know your market. Too bad you are not an enthusiast who just loves to own and drive one. As is, maybe $7-9k. Not enough profit? Start at $30K and work downward. Isn't Barrett Jackson in Texas?They have no problem selling cars at inflated prices so the average guy can't afford them. When you do sell, place an ad here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/14-cars/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

• Like 2

He does say intends to build, not restore.  So perhaps he just wants the best possible chassis.  For Datsun karma though, the car has to pick you.  Here's how it works:  You go by a Datsun, and something in the back of your mind says, "holy crap, this is awesome!" and then you haggle on the price as much as you can because you're cheap and you like Datsuns.  And then you drive it home.  If you want to do it to make money, get something domestic that will appreciate in value, not depreciate.  Sure some Datsuns can be worth more than what you put into them, but most aren't.

Case in point:  My '84 Maxima sedan.  I bought it with a broken windshield, non-running, 1/4" play in the tie rod end, and towed it home, all for $260.  Fast forward 2 years and I have an awesome Corvette-beating autocross car that has been to Canby.   ;)

• Like 3

To add to what's being said, flipping JDM imports is much more delicate (harder to be successful at) than domestic....the market isn't that dumb (people buying them won't overpay as easily as their merican car buyer counterparts)

It's a 71 goon all original with low miles....please keep it that way, there just aren't many out there, it might even be wiser to preserve rather than restore if it's in such good shape, again, as stated above...pics!!!!

• Like 1

Did i join a Honda forum??? Would appear to be a tire... one of three that came from the factory on a 71 Datsun 510 Wagon. Why would i post a pic of a tire???

1. Computer is shit since little one got ahold. Doing what i can for pics.

2. I joined RATSUN.NET a week ago and have a Goon sitting on someodd 45 year old tires. How many of you can say that?

Im trying to get pics of everything but limited in equipment. I wanted a Goon, found this one, and i think its the last one of its kind. Came with an original bill of sale for $50 bucks. Is in need of full restoration but once finished, would be a restored 71 Wagon with 23xxx original miles.

Some admin fellow who seems to think i dont know what im doing questions a flip for profit or knowledge in the market. Well, i do, but a 71 Goon with 71 paperwork might be in a different ball game.

My plans you ask now?

Pull the IRS from the wrecked one and chop the underside of this one to swap. Yes.. cut and weld and do what i do best.. fab.

Decide on pulling the SR or KA from one and fabing it into the all original, unmolested Goon in question.

Probably cut out fender wells to air ride some Longchamps after welding over fenders in.

In conclusion... i have $1000 wrapped in to what may be the rarest Goon ever and willing. to let it go to you, the enthusiasts, to do whats right.

Thinking hell with it, wasting time with you guys just tear her down. Nobody wants to see pics of proof of what im saying so it doesnt matter.

• Like 2

suspected original Dunlop tire x3

0906151221a_zpses41tbhb.jpg

I'd believe it more if they were Bridgstone 5.60 x 13 4 ply tires made in Japan and not so worn out for 23K. And what about the spare? it should be a pristine unused example. Where is it?

Not a single scratch or loose end on knob. just weathered.

1441586491132221378015_zpsbtmynglo.jpg

Not convincing at all. Keep in mind the speedo only goes to 99,999 and starts all over. It may be, but hard t prove. Dash cracked? Heel wear under the gas pedal. Pedal wear? Steering wheel wear? Un-dented bumpers are nice. Driver's eat belt fuzzy from wear? Driver's door hinge worn? Should have the original woven rad and heater hoses with wire clamps on it. Possibly has the original anodized wiper blade holders with the replaceable blade and not those ugly plastic things. Four Toyo headlamps (not halogen) and the four factory wheel discs. At 23K and sitting since the early 80s it should have the original fuel pump/carb//starter/alternator not a rebuilt Bosch and the factory distributor cap and wires and rad. Other than oil/filter changes much of the original engine compartment stuff will be there. Starters and other parts do sometimes go bad for sure but if all original this helps support the 23K. My low mileage '74 710 has a perfectly unused cigarette lighter and the ash tray was used only for coin storage. Again not definitive but helps support one owner. It also had the original muffler with the part number embossed on it and no muffler clamps or repairs from a shop. It should have the original jack in front of the drivers seat and the tool pouch with lug wrench and tire chocks plus the release rod and handle for lowering the spare. I realize stuff goes missing, just saying if only driven for 10 years by one? owner this stuff wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Your picture disguises more than it helps. Body looks.... ok, I guess

My plans you ask now?

Pull the IRS from the wrecked one and chop the underside of this one to swap. Yes.. cut and weld and do what i do best.. fab.

Decide on pulling the SR or KA from one and fabing it into the all original, unmolested Goon in question.

Probably cut out fender wells to air ride some Longchamps after welding over fenders in.

In conclusion... i have $1000 wrapped in to what may be the rarest Goon ever and willing. to let it go to you, the enthusiasts, to do whats right.

Thinking hell with it, wasting time with you guys just tear her down. Nobody wants to see pics of proof of what im saying so it doesnt matter.

It's definitely not the rarest goon ever. The picture doesn't help or do it justice either.

If not restoring it... just sell it to someone.

If 'building it up' with IRS, KA/SR, cutting and welding fenders yada yada yada it doesn't really matter how low the mileage or shape it's in does it? As for unmolested, you'll take care of that. IRS on a goon? Please. The H-190 is stronger and already in it. Don't go backwards. 'over fenders' on a four door??? You want to impress me? Tub it and fit the rims and tires properly.

• Like 2

It is in fact. Dont try to superstar yourself and say youve seen one better. The tire piece is orangish red.chock is yellow. Chain holding spair tire is brownish black. AC lines are crush fitted rubber hoses. Yes, it has ac. As far as impressing you... gives no fucks. The car should have and i told you stupid fucks in the first post the steering wheel, knobs, floor rubber door lines glass is fantastic in condition. Rolls over at 99999 huh? Well i would need you to convince me it has rolled. I will likely turn it into a JDM tribute car. Need the IRS to get the right camber. Have an L20b in the 620 that we pulled from the 720 thats getting CA18 shortly. Maybe F20c it. Cage it. No longer for sale. Thought it might be important to you guys and trade it out for a different one or sell it to get one but its cool.

One more thing. Wiper blades are aluminum. Dizzy cap is brown, yes i have the rad hose wrap. Tires are written in MM.

I will get the wifes phone tomorrow. Get these pics for you fucks so you can convince yourselves its legit.

• Like 2

Didn't say I've seen one better. Said it's not the rarest goon ever. I'm sure there are others that can be verified. Didn't say it rolled over only that it does at 99,999 and a reading of 23K could be 123 K just as well. Maybe it IS 23K I don't know. If looked after 123K can look like that one. Does it even run?

Hood missing but inner fender isn't green? Maybe the camera is off?

0906151221_zpsxqtibh3n.jpg

Need the IRS to get the right camber.

The H-190 is already perfect camber.

So this is going to end up a camber mobile then?

tn_vie3ugym.jpg?9d7bd4

I can see that this will be an improvement over stock. All that camber needed to grip the pavement with an SR