Dont do business with California Datsun Formely Datsun parts llc

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral of story: Start a bash thread and you'll get your way, even if the bash-ee says that's not the way to get your way.

This wasn't a bash thread it was an informational thread, but we all see things different.

Well I have to put my 02 in here. Say what you will about Calif Datsun Parts. Not many vendors would go as far as putting their phone number up on a bitch thread. Looks to me like he isn't hiding anything.

Yes that head looks bad. But the OP took it apart then asked to return it. I for one would have told the OP to pound sand..

If the op hadn't taken it apart it wouldn't have come to light that this was not rebuilt and is not what was advertized.

I've known Al for over 15 years and I've sold him a ton of stuff and have had a few of his motors in multiple cars, Yes I did have a problem with a couple of them, But at the end of the day he took care of it,

One motor I got from him back in 07 was smoking really bad. It was not a big deal. I took it back and he upgraded it to an L18 and he paid for the install, Well that one had a bad timing cover and it was leaking. Water mixing with the oil. I was a little pissed but I called him and he jumped on it. Again another upgrade to an L20, And he took care of that install. That motor is still running in another car.

2/3 of your engines were crap then. Those two might as well have been pulled out of a wrecking yard and sold to you... in fact the head in question seems to be just this. How many others have re-painted wrecking yard heads or engines on their vehicles that they bought as re-built? You yourself have two. The fact that they were replaced means little.

I also have an L28 in my Z that I got from him and it runs like a raped ape. Al makes a pretty good living selling Datsun parts. So my guess is he will continue to make a living selling Datsun parts.

I'm sure a lot of you will not like that I'm holding up for him. But he is a friend of mine.

Al needs friends like you and I hope he realizes it. More importantly he needs to find out how this is happening under his nose. Who ever oversees rebuilding these parts and sending them out needs to be dealt with. Sending out junk and only replacing/refunding when caught and forced to is no way to run a business. I imagine people, the smart ones at any rate,  will be taking an extra close look at what they get. Expect a lot more phone calls with questions in the future.

• Like 8

If the op hadn't taken it apart it wouldn't have come to light that this was not rebuilt and is not what was advertized.

2/3 of your engines were crap then. Those two might as well have been pulled out of a wrecking yard and sold to you... in fact the head in question seems to be just this. How many others have re-painted wrecking yard heads or engines on their vehicles that they bought as re-built? You yourself have two. The fact that they were replaced means little.

Al needs friends like you and I hope he realizes it. More importantly he needs to find out how this is happening under his nose. Who ever oversees rebuilding these parts and sending them out needs to be dealt with. Sending out junk and only replacing/refunding when caught and forced to is no way to run a business. I imagine people, the smart ones at any rate,  will be taking an extra close look at what they get. Expect a lot more phone calls with questions in the future.

Datrod don't forget the 2.3 from me to you that fell apart also. Johns right he takes care of it but like Mike said I so 150% agree he never expresses any sincere apology for troubles or nothing. You need a normal part not a head of course you will be ok. But I won't do anything with him again.

"English Common Law"  The master is responsible for those acts of his servant which the servant has undertaken on the part of his master!  Applicable in 50 US states & USA territories [Lousiana has a fixation on Napoleanic law] and presumaby the Anglophile parts of Canada.  Translation, if you pass off the actual overhaul to some Yahoo, you are responsible for the full satisfaction of the advertised performance.