Dont do business with California Datsun Formely Datsun parts llc

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants to see a shitstorm? I dont really think so,A few may want that,but the better part of Datsun owners are good eggs.

There is no reason,other than ??? not to look out for others

Lets just say that many of the posters on this sort of topic enjoy the subject matter. Look no farther than the posts above this one and below my last

• Like 1

Its apparent that no matter what my response is, everyone will dissect it and discredit my statements, but here it is anyway.

I choose not to get into a keyboard challenge of wit, nor am I going to attempt to address every comment here. However, I will respond, as it is necessary to state my position on this. It's ironic that I know, for a fact, that dozens of you on this website have purchased engines, heads, and several other parts of ours that you were completely happy with; but none of you want to come out and say it.

My company has done business with everyone from Edd at Wheeler Dealers TV show to the first-time Datsun customers we handle in person. No need to hit the red button and only post poor experiences.  Please be professional, respectful, and understand that this business provides parts and service that many others do not -- and at a better price -- that's why we are in business today.

The name California Datsun is just an additional DBA to help enhance marketing efforts and on-line presence.  Like any successful business, we are growing and evolving and finding our niche in the specialized marketplace that is Datsun parts.  Nothing about the business itself has changed; same owner, same phone number, same business, just a new name that gives us a better on-line position.  Contrary to what someone here has claimed, it is completely inaccurate that we have changed names 4 or 5 times; that's absurd.  I opened this business in 2007 as Datsun Parts LLC and it still exists today thanks to my satisfied customers.

I have always been easy to access, my address and phone number are listed all over the internet. I am at many Datsun car shows and events and always invite everyone to have a face-to-face conversation. I welcome feedback -- poor or negative -- as it helps me learn and improve my business. I never have, and never will, avoid any call, conversation, or electronic dialog. I am myself a Datsun enthusiast. I own, built, and drive a 240Z that has won 1st place at the National Z Car Convention and Best of Show at Motorsport Auto. I also own, built, and drive a custom 620 truck that has won multiple awards. 

I am sincerely sorry to hear that any customer has a problem. But not all problems can be solved. In all business there are limitations to warranties, and all we ask is that customers follow the instructions and limitations for the warranty to be valid. You may not agree with the limits of our warranty, but we state it clearly and it has never changed. Knowing your own business' limitations is part of running a successful business.

However, understand that I am the owner of this business, so I have the freedom to be flexible. I treat customers how I would want to be treated, and every case has different circumstances. If you are reasonable, patient,  understanding, and willing to work with me, then I will extend the same to you. If you take to forums, websites, and social media to just complain, then you are not really trying to solve your problem; you simply want to bash me as a vendor. 

Here is how we handle warranties....

http://www.californiadatsun.com/site-policies-and-warranty.html

In Nathan's case he purchased this head in August 2014, WELL past the 30 day warranty. He never once asked for a return, refund or any futhur response from me. He has reported me to the BBB, chooses to blast me on Forums and Facebook, I am still willing to offer a return and refund less 20%.

I do admit those rocker arms are not new, I do acknowledge the cam has visible scoring. His purchase of a rebuilt head, including a core, for $325 is a very reasonable price. I never set out to burn him, or sell him a bad product. Its simple, if you are not happy return it used, unchanged, and we will give you money back. We do several hundred thousands of dollars in business each year, honestly this refund, return or repair will have ZERO affect on my business. But I need to remain consistent to our limitations.

It's impossible to be perfect. Walmart, Target, and Overstock.com have hundreds of upset customers who post poor reviews on-line even for BRAND NEW items, and they are not going out of business any time soon.  My point is that every business, no matter the size, will have upset customers at some point or another.  The difference between my business and those I mentioned is that those are huge companies with huge buying power who can send product back to the manufacturer, receive a refund on it from the manufacturer, and easily replace the customer's product if need be -- and yet, they STILL have unhappy customers at some point.  There is always going to be someone who thinks they were unjustly wronged, no matter what.

I, on the other hand, I am handling all the day-in, day-out details of this business and I deal directly with my customers.  I offer a warranty, I offer returns, I offer to resolve problems -- within the limitations and warranties that are clearly set forth. 

We have boxes of replacement parts.  But honestly, would any vendor accept a return of a part that you have opened up, taken apart, changed, or modified? 

In this case, I am still willing to issue an exchange or a refund, less 20% for restocking and reassembling fee. But Nathan is still not accepting to that?

The old saying is when someone is upset they tell 1000 people and when they are happy they tell 2. In the age of the internet, when you have a bad experience, everyone wants to blast that vendor on-line and in the forums.

We make mistakes just like anyone else, some are normal, some are excessive, none are acceptable. However, we always address them and do what we can to make it right. In some cases we are too far apart in acceptable resolutions. We have to work within a reasonable limit and the warranty, and we evaluate each case individually. 

Please remember our parts are rebuilt by humans and problems can occur, especially with rebuilt/reconditioned parts.  In the case of cylinder heads, these are often 40-year-old pieces of metal that we do our very best to recondition and sell at an affordable price. 

We have over 11,000 ebay transactions seen here with positive feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/california-datsun

And thousands more with our website.  I am confident that the reason customers shop with us is because of value, availability, and a reputation for selling rare, unique, and quality parts, not to mention the one-on-one customer service with every transaction. Below are some references of very happy customers, but no one says anything about those.

http://www.californiadatsun.com/testimonials/

I want to turn negative feedback into a positive by engaging in a constructive way and showing that we are a caring, genuine business.

I hope everyone will still give us a chance in the future to provide you with high quality products at discounted prices you expect and deserve.  

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know directly and I would be more than happy to help. Give me a call.  Ask me questions.  Run your ideas by me.  I welcome it!

I have tried to respond to the comments in a pleasant and helpful way. Of course, that’s not easy to do when you pour your life into a business and someone bashes it on-line. The immediate impulse is to return fire; so in those cases, it's best I not respond at all. Again, some people will always feel unsatisfied or unjustly wronged no matter what offers of resolution are made. 

Anyway, I appreciate the chance to express my position and hope it encourages anyone with doubts to give us an opportunity to serve you with your Datsun Parts needs.

California Datsun 

Al Allen

909-641-5383

californiadatsun.com

• Like 1

That's unfair lou and you have zero the base that comment on. Only person standing up is the OP.

Is it Mike.. I will leave that alone.

I will stand up for the op if he is wronged, I want to hear the other side of the story.

They have registered today,I want them to say what they have to..

Discussion,its all good

This was how the Head was described.  I am only posting to warn future goes as such was word of mouth that I did hear a few things.  Now I know many have been burned by him and this is just to show evidence for those that were looking at using him for work.

description%20head_1.jpeg

• Like 1

This was how the Head was described.  I am only posting to warn future goes as such was word of mouth that I did hear a few things.  Now I know many have been burned by him and this is just to show evidence for those that were looking at using him for work.

description%20head_1.jpeg

I want to see this kind of stuff!

I sdont want shit swept under the carpet..

Keep it real,I will make my own informative(if I can find the info) decision

Is it Mike.. I will leave that alone.

I will stand up for the op if he is wronged, I want to hear the other side of the story.

They have registered today,I want them to say what they have to..

Discussion,its all good

The pics I posted on the first page shows the conversation.  Ive confronted him on FB and he replied to a page I created about his business.  It is the same reply he uses through negative comments.  Seems he has it saved just to copy and paste.  Now on top of that why would a company need to change there name to shake of a bad rep?

• Like 2

The pics I posted on the first page shows the conversation.  Ive confronted him on FB and he replied to a page I created about his business.  It is the same reply he uses through negative comments.  Seems he has it saved just to copy and paste.  Now on top of that why would a company need to change there name to shake of a bad rep?

I want him to post here, this way we all can get a sense of it all(yes its a call out to him)

Here's what he wrote and He will probably copy and paste 

Nathan and I had direct communication and we have had dialog to discuss his concerns. This images are of 40 year old parts and not new parts. Datsun Parts LLC / California Datsun is alive and well, thanks for your interest and concern. I choose not to get into a keyboard challenge of wit. We are providers for everyone Edd from Wheeler Dealers to the thousands we serve on line each year, no need to hit the red button... just be respectful and understand that this business provides parts and service that many others do not, and at a better price, thats why we are in business today. The California Datsun name is just an additional DBA, helps enhance marketing efforts and on-line presence. I have always been easy to access, my address and phone number is listed all over the internet. I welcome feedback, poor or negative it helps me learn and improve on my business. Its impossible to be perfect, Walmart, Target and Overstock.comhave hundreds of upset customers who post poor reviews on-line and they are not going out of business any time soon. I am sincerely sorry to hear that any customer has a problem. But not all problems can be solved, and we can not control who you choose to do business with. I hope everyone will still give us a chance in the future to provide you with high quality products at discounted prices you expect and deserve. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know directly and I would be more than happy to help. The old saying is when someone is pissed they tell 1000 people and when they are happy they tell 2. In the age of the internet when you have a bad experience, everyone wants to blast that vendor on-line and in the forums. We make mistakes just like anyone else, some are normal, some are excessive, none are acceptable. However we always address them and do what we can to make it right. In some cases we are too far apart in acceptable resolutions, we have to work within a reasonable limit, warranty and I evaluate each case individually. However with over 11,000 ebay transactions and thousands more with our website, I am confident that the reason customers shop with us is because of value, availability, and a reputation for selling rare, unique, and quality parts. I want to turn negative feedback into a positive by engaging in a constructive way and showing that we are a caring genuine business. I have try to respond to the comments in a pleasant and helpful way. Of course, that’s not easy to do when you pour your life into a business and someone bashes it on-line. Your immediate impulse is to return fire, so in those cases its best I not respond at all. Anyway, I appreciate the chance to express our position and hope it encourages anyone with doubts to give us an opportunity to serve you with your Datsun Parts needs. Learn more about other customers here

Here's what he wrote and He will probably copy and paste 

Nathan and I had direct communication and we have had dialog to discuss his concerns. This images are of 40 year old parts and not new parts. Datsun Parts LLC / California Datsun is alive and well, thanks for your interest and concern. I choose not to get into a keyboard challenge of wit. We are providers for everyone Edd from Wheeler Dealers to the thousands we serve on line each year, no need to hit the red button... just be respectful and understand that this business provides parts and service that many others do not, and at a better price, thats why we are in business today. The California Datsun name is just an additional DBA, helps enhance marketing efforts and on-line presence. I have always been easy to access, my address and phone number is listed all over the internet. I welcome feedback, poor or negative it helps me learn and improve on my business. Its impossible to be perfect, Walmart, Target and Overstock.comhave hundreds of upset customers who post poor reviews on-line and they are not going out of business any time soon. I am sincerely sorry to hear that any customer has a problem. But not all problems can be solved, and we can not control who you choose to do business with. I hope everyone will still give us a chance in the future to provide you with high quality products at discounted prices you expect and deserve. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know directly and I would be more than happy to help. The old saying is when someone is pissed they tell 1000 people and when they are happy they tell 2. In the age of the internet when you have a bad experience, everyone wants to blast that vendor on-line and in the forums. We make mistakes just like anyone else, some are normal, some are excessive, none are acceptable. However we always address them and do what we can to make it right. In some cases we are too far apart in acceptable resolutions, we have to work within a reasonable limit, warranty and I evaluate each case individually. However with over 11,000 ebay transactions and thousands more with our website, I am confident that the reason customers shop with us is because of value, availability, and a reputation for selling rare, unique, and quality parts. I want to turn negative feedback into a positive by engaging in a constructive way and showing that we are a caring genuine business. I have try to respond to the comments in a pleasant and helpful way. Of course, that’s not easy to do when you pour your life into a business and someone bashes it on-line. Your immediate impulse is to return fire, so in those cases its best I not respond at all. Anyway, I appreciate the chance to express our position and hope it encourages anyone with doubts to give us an opportunity to serve you with your Datsun Parts needs. Learn more about other customers here

I agree whole-heartedly with his statement.  But as the ad was described, it was a newly rebuilt head from an old core.  In which case, it should have looked like a newly rebuilt head, not a head where someone had oil starved the cam and cam followers for oil and/or ran it through some sand.  I've pulled heads out of the wrecking yard in much better condition than that, minus the surfacing.

C'mon buddy, represent both sides here.  Tell me the OP was bullshitting and posted pictures of your head but he very craftily replaced your hard work with a bunch of shithouse parts and I'll believe you.  After all, I don't know the OP or Al Allen from Adam.  But I have heard more negative about the business than the OP, and from multiple sources.

• Like 5

I agree whole-heartedly with his statement.  But as the ad was described, it was a newly rebuilt head from an old core.  In which case, it should have looked like a newly rebuilt head, not a head where someone had oil starved the cam and cam followers for oil and/or ran it through some sand.  I've pulled heads out of the wrecking yard in much better condition than that, minus the surfacing.

C'mon buddy, represent both sides here.  Tell me the OP was bullshitting and posted pictures of your head but he very craftily replaced your hard work with a bunch of shithouse parts and I'll believe you.  After all, I don't know the OP or Al Allen from Adam.  But I have heard more negative about the business than the OP, and from multiple sources.

You ask him to post pics, but he can find another clean head to do so. Here some more pics that show the ad and now I feel like an idot because I didnt notice before

ad.jpg

_57_1.jpg

_572.jpg