Dont do business with California Datsun Formely Datsun parts llc

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeezus H, you paid $325 for that?  Fuck me running, I'm sorry man.  Local machine shop I use, that might have been $250-$300, but that would have been all new valves/guides/decked, intake surface micropolished, head surface micropolished.  In other words, a good rebuilt head.

• Like 1

Jeezus H, you paid $325 for that?  Fuck me running, I'm sorry man.  Local machine shop I use, that might have been $250-$300, but that would have been all new valves/guides/decked, intake surface micropolished, head surface micropolished.  In other words, a good rebuilt head.

Not everyone gives first rate head to their machinist like you do, HRH.  I need some micropolishing done. Miss you, man.     Al Allen has been a liar, thief and cheat for many, many years. I believe he's on his 4th or 5th business name.  When I had issues with him 5 years ago the business was in his father in laws name, at least that's what my attorney found.  Keep at him, Red.  I'll be there to back you up.

• Like 4

I kinda want to add a little more to this ..

About 2 months ago I saw a post he had that he was selling the tail gate 5 speed Sticker for a 78 620 .. I emailed him, he said he had some. I asked him if it looked oem he said yes, so I said great .. I told him to send me the invoice, the freaking sticker was 20 bucks!

I left it as is I waited till i got it it turns out the sticker was like 10 years old or someshit and it didn't look like the pictures I've seen on the tail gate!!! Since I'm new to the Datsun game I'm very ignorant of some things .. So I didnt say anything to him .. Anyways my point is I was very disappointed and I will not buy from him again

$20 would be about right for a real one from the dealer. The Nissan part number is 99990-00322 for Black on off White and 999990-00319 for Black on White. Ask Nissan.

Now I remember this guy, wanting to buy timing chain covers and several people willing to send him one. I remember thinking that it was nice that someone would sell him one if he needed it but turned out he wanted all he could get his hands on. This isn't helping someone out, this is helping him to eventually have them all and where would new members go for one?? Right.... Good hearted members willing to share their spare parts.... really a shame.

Not an Datsun enthusiast. Definitely a businessman.... and I understand this type.... and that's fine, as I would have nothing to do with him. It does bother me, however, that others get reamed or are otherwise unhappy with this type of person and his dealings.  The world has no shortage of people with poor ethics so just keep in mind that just because someone sells Datsun parts it doesn't make them a Datsun enthusiast who cares about you, themselves, their word or Datsuns.  

• Like 3

Up here in canada, eh.. It would be alot more than that.

Id charge at least 350 before parts, nevermind the core!

Im thinking more like 800-1000 to do that head properly in the great white north.

HRH your getting a hell of a deal.

$20 would be about right for a real one from the dealer. The Nissan part number is 99990-00322 for Black on off White and 999990-00319 for Black on White. Ask Nissan.

Now I remember this guy, wanting to buy timing chain covers and several people willing to send him one. I remember thinking that it was nice that someone would sell him one if he needed it but turned out he wanted all he could get his hands on. This isn't helping someone out, this is helping him to eventually have them all and where would new members go for one?? Right.... Good hearted members willing to share their spare parts.... really a shame.

Not an Datsun enthusiast. Definitely a businessman.... and I understand this type.... and that's fine, as I would have nothing to do with him. It does bother me, however, that others get reamed or are otherwise unhappy with this type of person and his dealings.  The world has no shortage of people with poor ethics so just keep in mind that just because someone sells Datsun parts it doesn't make them a Datsun enthusiast who cares about you, themselves, their word or Datsuns.  

the only thing i can ad to this is that he polishes valve covers / timing covers / master cylinders etc  

apparently he also polishes steel to look like chrome (I was not aware of this )

he dose have some good stuff but I haven't heard anything good about his motors or heads 

after reading more of this thread it seems that some motors have been great and others not so great but given the chance they were taken care of 

Scooter, you have to be kidding me?  Just a standard rebuild head, no port and polishing?  Shit, that's a dime a dozen.  Surfacing the head for aluminum is $40, valve guide installation is somewhere around 10-15 per guide plus parts if I remember right.  Even valves at the most should cost only 7 dollars apiece, sometimes cheaper.  Granted that is aftermarket valves, not factory Nissan, but I've run 'em, they work just fine.  They lacing the parts with gold in the great white north?

I do bring them the head minus the cam unless I need it line-bored for some reason.  So rocker arm removal and tear down is usually already done.  I don't expect that in head rebuilding.

the only thing i can ad to this is that he polishes valve covers / timing covers / master cylinders etc

apparently he also polishes steel to look like chrome (I was not aware of this )

he dose have some good stuff but I haven't heard anything good about his motors or heads

Heres how his polishing goes. Someone ordered a polish timing cover comes scuff and ugly. Guy calls Al, Al says buff it yourself

Gotta corner the market somehow

Getting reamed seems a norm these days no?

Heres how his polishing goes. Someone ordered a polish timing cover comes scuff and ugly. Guy calls Al, Al says buff it yourself

thats not good business 

the only ones I have seen have been in person at swap meets and they have looked great 

Gotta corner the market somehow

Getting reamed seems a norm these days no?

Somehow, some of the blame falls on the innocent buyer. If you got reamed you pretty much asked for it or were looking the other way. A little research probably would have helped.

Somehow, some of the blame falls on the innocent buyer. If you got reamed you pretty much asked for it or were looking the other way. A little research probably would have helped.

Somehow , Well isnt that what Datsun forums are out there for , to help(not just tech)

Watch one anothers back? no?

A little research only goes so far with misinformation(not say op has done this,more of a broad look)

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

Someone ordered a polish timing cover comes scuff and ugly. Guy calls Al, Al says buff it yourself

I don't know what else you could expect from a "Polish" timing cover

• Like 1

Somehow , Well isnt that what Datsun forums are out there for , to help(not just tech)

Watch one anothers back? no?

A little research only goes so far with misinformation(not say op has done this,more of a broad look)

Mostly tech and info... positive stuff. Warnings about people and their products are always by someone who feels wronged or is just pissed off. (real or imagined) You know what happens? People with nothing better to do pick a side and post about it. Usually hoping for the worst to happen.

If someone has a legitimate beef about a product or seller I suppose. Note that I said 'legitimate' and 'I suppose'... as we have had in the past, someone with an axe to grind bitch about a business in order to force a confrontation. It was closed down and removed and I think both parties are glad it was and both (I hope) wish it had never happened. I'll be watching this.

Mostly tech and info... positive stuff. Warnings about people and their products are always by someone who feels wronged or is just pissed off. (real or imagined) You know what happens? People with nothing better to do pick a side and post about it. Usually hoping for the worst to happen.

If someone has a legitimate beef about a product or seller I suppose. Note that I said 'legitimate' and 'I suppose'... as we have had in the past, someone with an axe to grind bitch about a business in order to force a confrontation. It was closed down and removed and I think both parties are glad it was and both (I hope) wish it had never happened. I'll be watching this.

Positive stuff,with no one looking out for anyone, there would be no exchange of parts etc? no? I have the belief if you sell you go good on it no matter what.

These days,stuff like this is swept under the carpet. Meh it happens dealings on the internet..

Tech and info only make up,usually whats wrong with something ..no?(as in its broke) it all helps for sure,every bit...talikng about parts,and the misinfo given on them(per discussion)

tech right here

Anyone can find the info needed in these manuals(props to them people that put these manuals out there)

http://datsun510.com/manuals/

Thats alot of tech right there.

Everyone wants to see a shitstorm? I dont really think so,A few may want that,but the better part of Datsun owners are good eggs.

There is no reason,other than ??? not to look out for others