Dont do business with California Datsun Formely Datsun parts llc

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, that's freakin' ridiculous.  Like flatcat said, a 210 head should be free.  I have at least one in the garage that's in better condition that I would have given you.  Not to mention you can still generally find one here and there at the local pull and save that still looks better than those.  Definitely run without oil.

• Like 1

Holy crap, that's freakin' ridiculous.  Like flatcat said, a 210 head should be free.  I have at least one in the garage that's in better condition that I would have given you.  Not to mention you can still generally find one here and there at the local pull and save that still looks better than those.  Definitely run without oil.

yep thats what i figure. probably washed it and cleaned it up then painted the head. if Mikes calculations are correct might just go with an A87 open 

The grooves in the journals would probibly live as long as cams been polished, those rockers look gross though, a rub on some sandpaper with 240, 320, then 600 grit oiled will clean em up, ive done a few sets of oem rockers now where they turned out looking like new, and havint had camshaft issues :)

Ive seen a few shops not reface these kind of rockers and get away with it, hell i have, but being scared of non oem l series rockers has led me to this. And now i do it all the time because it looks great after. You know within 30 seconds of rubbing it on something flat if their fucked comepletely or saveable.

There should be a how to floating around how to do this.

With your flat tops with valve reliefs youd be better running that u20 casting cam anyway.

Even if you took the cam towers off to see whats going on, id probibly warranty this as long as it hasnt seen oil or ran.

Does it look like it has new seats? Or are the valves sunk into the head? All the dattos ive done so far have had the intake seats pounded in, the valves wernt that bad but it makes life alot easier on the top side of the head with new valves and seats.

Dont doubt it has thinwall bronze liners in the guides too..

• Like 1

I have file complaints with paypal,BBB,BAR.  Got to call ebay monday to file complaint there.  The reason I asked about who runs eagle rock with as many people that this guy has burned he shouldn't even be allow a vendor spot.

• Like 1

L24 pistons are different than L28...

L24 are basically flattop L16 pistons. Misread the size.

L16 with L24 flattop pistons make...

210 head....................... 9.54

closed chamber head.... 9.28

open chamber head...... 8.62

• Like 2

L24 are basically flattop L16 pistons. Misread the size.

L16 with L24 flattop pistons make...

210 head....................... 9.54

closed chamber head.... 9.28

open chamber head...... 8.62

I know that, but with the reduction in diameter )from ZX flat tops) comes a reduction in CR. So a closed chamber on a L16 with L24 pistons is perfect! That is actually what I was fishing for.

Yeah I miss read the pistons as L28 when they were L24s.

Depends what you mean by perfect. The L24 is identical to the L16 piston but has no dish and is almost a perfect flattop but for the valve reliefs.

Stock L16 compression with the 210 head is 8.58

An L16 with flattop L24 pistons and an closed chamber head is 9.28...  Perfect if you want more compression.

An L16 with flattop L24 pistons and an open chamber head is 8.63... Perfect for a near stock compression engine but with the advantage of the more commonly found L20B heads with larger U67 or W58 valves and ports.

Are you sealing it off when your doing that? Or just blowing air up the port with an air gun?

A couple tiny fizzies is okay, but if it foamed all the way around then theres either grit in there or the seat has a high spot either by stone chatter, really unconcentric cut seats, with a modern cutter he may have come off to fast and left a "line" in the seat or the valve is bent.

The valves kinda look a bit sunk in the chambers to me? Did you try lashing this thing? Are the adjusters very low? If they are i bet the valves are sunk and the installed spring height is out of wack unless its shimmed, nevermind what this does to your rocker geometry.

• Like 1

http://community.ratsun.net/user/779-datsun-parts/?tab=reputation

never ceases to amaze me how guys like this stay in business

They can stay in business because there's not a lot of competition selling Datsun parts.I bought a chrome plated crank pulley from him at Eagle Rock.A month later its solid rust,no chrome at all.They polished the steel to a chrome like shine.

• Like 2

Are you sealing it off when your doing that? Or just blowing air up the port with an air gun?

A couple tiny fizzies is okay, but if it foamed all the way around then theres either grit in there or the seat has a high spot either by stone chatter, really unconcentric cut seats, with a modern cutter he may have come off to fast and left a "line" in the seat or the valve is bent.

The valves kinda look a bit sunk in the chambers to me? Did you try lashing this thing? Are the adjusters very low? If they are i bet the valves are sunk and the installed spring height is out of wack unless its shimmed, nevermind what this does to your rocker geometry.

Yes was sealing it off barely with my hand and I am not going to throw any money into it seems to be a junk head that was just hottanked and painted

They can stay in business because there's not a lot of competition selling Datsun parts.I bought a chrome plated crank pulley from him at Eagle Rock.A month later its solid rust,no chrome at all.They polished the steel to a chrome like shine.

I will say though he does advertise as polished steel.

I would call that an economy bare minimum rebuilt head, something you slap on a car to flog it off running.

If you didnt pay much, then i guess you get what you paid for, if you paid lots, sorry for your luck. :p

Burabuda: There is always someone out there that doesn't know what they are doing and are willing to pull their wallet out and prove it. A few minutes here would have been cheaper.

John510: Competition usually weeds out the poorer products or sellers. If the market is booming this is not always true and the market hasn't had time to weed them out. Generally if you build a better mouse trap the world will beat a path to your door.  

I kinda want to add a little more to this ..

About 2 months ago I saw a post he had that he was selling the tail gate 5 speed Sticker for a 78 620 .. I emailed him, he said he had some. I asked him if it looked oem he said yes, so I said great .. I told him to send me the invoice, the freaking sticker was 20 bucks!

I left it as is I waited till i got it it turns out the sticker was like 10 years old or someshit and it didn't look like the pictures I've seen on the tail gate!!! Since I'm new to the Datsun game I'm very ignorant of some things .. So I didnt say anything to him .. Anyways my point is I was very disappointed and I will not buy from him again

• Like 1