F 280Z 2+2 A. Flagg 9 /03 167.158
G CMR Nissan R. Cook 8 /11 174.525
H Robertson Racing T. Robertson 8 /10 153.517
I Subaru Justy T. Worlitz 8 /89 123.224
J Bertil Sollenskog P. Osovets 9 /14 112.642
XO Casual Six B. Murray 8 /00 139.713
XF Kenneth Kloth K. Kloth 8 /91 140.551
XXO Blake Mach Buick B. Blake 8 /13 149.336

Holy shit, check that out.  Someone got a Subaru Justy to do 123 mph.  That's pretty impressive. :)  Most of the records have code names, can't seem to find much Datsun action by searching.  I think you'd have to know of the car or request other records that identified the platform used better.

• Like 1

You know, I live 45 minutes from Bonneville. I have never been to speed week. Something is wrong with me..

Seriously WTF? You better go sooner than later!!! Looks good so far for this year. I'll be there and I'm 860 miles away.

• Like 1

The only thing I'm wondering is which car to bring.  Apparently the salt gets in everything.  I'm debating rental vehicles (which state you can't go to the salt) or covering the underside of the hardbody in wax to ward off the salt while I'm there.  And then doing some river crossing to get the remaining bits out.  Not sure.  It's nasty stuff.

Yeah, I'm just worried about the fact that unlike the ocean, it's 90% pure salt just sitting on things.  Yuck.  I'm thinking a waxy coating all over the bottom might do the trick, then yeah a little river expedition to get the rest of the crap out.  Have to make sure I seal off the distributor.  Sucks when you hit a hole and kill the motor.

Yeah, I'm just worried about the fact that unlike the ocean, it's 90% pure salt just sitting on things.  Yuck.  I'm thinking a waxy coating all over the bottom might do the trick, then yeah a little river expedition to get the rest of the crap out.  Have to make sure I seal off the distributor.  Sucks when you hit a hole and kill the motor.

I have had a couple different cars on the salt. Pay and get it cleaned before you leave the salt flats, go to the car wash and clean again, and rinse twice when you get home. Many salt travelers will tell you to use a sprinkler under your car moving it around often. If you are going to take a rental out there DON'T tell the rental company your going on the salt, you will get denied!!! Tell them your going to Zion or Bryce Canyon. Thats all the fucking advice for now!

• Like 1

I figured that part, lol.  Thinking I'll be taking the truck.  I can still get replacement parts if the body rusts out.  The wagon, not so much.  I've been researching rust prevention options.  Not much out there.  My Datsun guru told me to drive very slowly on the salt, so it doesn't kick up everywhere.  I'm thinking I'll have two pairs of shoes.  One for driving and one for walking on the salt.  Figure I can maybe hang a little shelf or something off the frame of the hardbody to put the shoes in while I drive.  I dunno.  Definitely have to think about it.  Salt sucks.  But I'm not going to let that stop me!  Think I'll need to put a good inverter in the truck too so I can bring the laptop and upload photos and video or at least do a data dump every day.

Either way, lots of car washes while down there, and more when I get back.  I'll probably drench it before heading back, maybe dunk it in a river as well as the car wash.  Or just spend $10 with the wand and flood the frame rails, etc.  I was debating squirting wd40 or something around the bottom.  Seems like the first washing will just wash it off though.