INSMNCS: John Cain

What do some of you folks do to knock off the chill in your garages? I fucking hate the cold. I will take 100 over 40 degrees anytime. I know lots of you folks got it worse than I do. I was using a propane space heater and lots of those hot ass work lights.

Any ideas or tricks? And a kerosene torpedo heater is out. One thing prohibited in my lease

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck both of you.

Q, meh. You're a hater.

Matt. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I just know it won't be in a Honda.

Actually, it'd be an honor to have you in the wagon Keith.  We could have much lulz on the way to Canby.  And we would also have ice cold AC.  ;)  Jayden remembers that.  It was so cold my nipples were frozen!  Lol.

Still in a fight to get the time off.

But the goal is to drive the 521 there.

But keep going. I'm sure there are still people that don't know I went to Canby in a Honda. That horse had only been being beat for the last 7 months so far.

• Like 1

What do some of you folks do to knock off the chill in your garages? I fucking hate the cold. I will take 100 over 40 degrees anytime. I know lots of you folks got it worse than I do. I was using a propane space heater and lots of those hot ass work lights.

Any ideas or tricks? And a kerosene torpedo heater is out. One thing prohibited in my lease

40 is higher than 32 so that means I'd be in shorts working happily with water that would be nice and cold to drink but with out worries that it would freeze. Lol I am a little bias though. Took this today snowboarding in -28c with wind chill -36c.

IMG_20160117_163740421_zpsszfv2uuc.jpg

• Like 2

Up in Port Townsend they have kinetic sculpture races .. Among other shit ,, they have to go through a mud pit and the finish is they go down the boat ramp ,, go out to a buoy and back up the boat ramp to the finish line,, total stoner hippy fest. ........

But sitting there on the sand is cool too ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i guess.

That originally started out in Ferndale,California,way back when.

Look up "Kinetic Sculpture Races".It was started by a local artist,named-

Hobart Brown.I think it was the early/mid '70's.

- Doug

So I'm looking up cities with the most sunshine since it's cloudy again today and I'm annoyed with the lack of sunlight in the winter, as I usually am.  Spokane county is 2743rd out of 3111 counties for the amount of sunlight.  Kootenai county (Idaho) is 3015 out of 3111.  Puts us almost the same as the Seattle area, just less rainfall.  Boooooo!!!  I want my fucking sun!  Hmm, maybe I could buy a house next to Flatcat's?  ;)

• Like 1

So I'm looking up cities with the most sunshine since it's cloudy again today and I'm annoyed with the lack of sunlight in the winter, as I usually am.  Spokane county is 2743rd out of 3111 counties for the amount of sunlight.  Kootenai county (Idaho) is 3015 out of 3111.  Puts us almost the same as the Seattle area, just less rainfall.  Boooooo!!!  I want my fucking sun!  Hmm, maybe I could buy a house next to Flatcat's?   ;)

Does Spokane get much fog? Fog get's depressing

So what kinda hate do vws get? Better than showing up in a domestic or worse? Does an older ride get less crap than something newer, so what is worse a 2010 cobalt, a 89 accord with pop up headlights?

depends on the group. First time I showed up it was in a 96 s10, git asked if I even owned a datsun (fucking tristan) but was generally accepted. I've shown up in my golf both up north and down south, got shit from manners but otherwise was accepted. First time I actually showed up in a datsun was canby last year and I drove that poor girl back and forth so many times I list count.