SOCAL: Ticketed on highway for speeding

Down here we have a saying (we have many actually).

In this case its quite simple "do the crime, pay the fine"

Bit silly expecting youd find a sympathetic ear on Ratsun.

The real question is, was she speeding in a Datsun?

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should tell your wife to slow down ! sorry if that sounds rude but i drive alot and get sick of people speeding up to pass me and then cutting me off just to get off the freeway and wait at a red light.Its called courtesy and most people down here in Socal dont know what it is.With that said,plead guilty and ask for driving school.You pay a smaller fine i believe and it wont go on the clean driving record.Trying to fight speeding tickets is laughable.You miss work,you sit in court most of the day with no guarantee of even getting your case heard,it may end up costing more if you add it up.

• Like 1

that's fucked up and also has the distinct ring of truth to it. pay a cop double time not to fight crime but to suck some more private dime.

He's not sucking your private dime. If you weren't speeding and breaking the law you wouldn't be there in the first place. Deny the 'man' his dime and drive more carefully. Let some other dick head pay for the roads.

..... EVERYONE SPEEDS and then rationalizes it. Did I mention the everyone speeds? Next time you're out driving, remember what I said and look down at the speedometer. I guarantee it will be above the posted limit. Above is above, and that feeling you feel is rationalization creeping in.

Did you try this today??? Try it tomorrow.

• Like 2

He's not sucking your private dime. If you weren't speeding and breaking the law you wouldn't be there in the first place. Deny the 'man' his dime and drive more carefully. Let some other dick head pay for the roads.

Did you try this today??? Try it tomorrow.

if he makes double money testifying for traffic tickets versus what he makes fighting violent crime he's sucking the private dime. if he was making the same money either way then I would agree with you. if sitting in court makes him double wages than getting shot at there is a problem with the system.

Traffic tickets are a great source of cash flow, basically a road tax for idiots. Chasing bank robbers doesn't pay that well. But this helps pay for his wages and still make money for the department. Without ticket income you would have to pay more taxes to make it up. Just let the idiots pay for it.   

• Like 2

What ever happened to the signs that said stay right except when passing in WA, they should put them back up and start writing tickets, they would make billions.

they still have them in some places, i know there's one in skagit valley where it drops down to two lanes instead of three

op: my main rule is to always make sure there's a faster car on the road

• Like 1

Follow the fast guy at a slower pace. I only speed at 6-7mph over the limit.. and set cruise that speed. People are always on my ass still, and I let them draw all the attention. Plus I have a 9500ix just so I can troll other drivers correctly.

75 in a 65 isn't all that bad.  Going to court is probably a waste of time unless you're 30 over the limit.  If you don't want to own up to it, get a lawyer and pay the piper to get you off the hook.  I did this for 3 or 4 tickets and it cost me about $350 each time to avoid the ticket.  Worth it for my record, but that shit gets expensive really quickly.  It's easier not to speed, or if you do, do it in remote areas.  Regardless, anytime you speed, whether for fun or for work, you're rolling the dice.  If you know the local traffic patterns, you can sometimes avoid the cops and speed with impunity early in the morning.  However, it's just a matter of statistics and at some point you will get caught.

If your wife's record is clean, one ticket won't mess it up very much.  You'll be fine.  Not worth the hassle for only 10 over.  The last ticket I got was I think for 87ish in a 60, or maybe it was 55.  Anyway, 2 lane highway late at night.  I was doing 120 before I slowed down to 93.  So I went to court on that one and gave a semi-bullshit excuse and the judge was kind enough to knock 80 bucks off the ticket.  ($300+ in WA) which was worth the cost of driving out there for it.  That was a small-town judge though.  And if you chose that option GO LAST if they do a multiple ticket hearing as they often do.  That way, you can see the excuses that don't work for the other poor schmucks and amend your excuse to at least get you something.

• Like 1

Uh, what's the big deal? Just wait for the courtesy mailing and it will probably give you the option to pay the bail and take traffic school, keeping the point off, unless 10 over is 2 points. Last freeway ticket I had was 101/65, so they made me go to court. CHP either did me a favor or just didn't know better, but he wrote the wrong VC violation (there is a different code for over 100), so I got off with the lower max penalty. Only one point & $385 fine vs $1000 fine, 2 points, and 3 mo license suspension.

• Like 2

you don't have to go to court to get traffic school, the court can not reduce the fine, you may be able to get the point waved if you are able to demonstrate you have a very good driving record. This is all first hand knowledge on my part from traffic court two months ago.

Or... write a letter and tell the governor you ain't paying SQUATT!!!

Tell him to get a real job; as well as the cop, the court and the judge who think they're ready to squeeze you.

...that you and your whole family can drive as reckless as you feel like,

and then pack up and move your entire family to Zimbabwe!

Lol

Or... write a letter and tell the governor you ain't paying SQUATT!!!

Tell him to get a real job; as well as the cop, the court and the judge who think they're ready to squeeze you.

...that you and your whole family can drive as reckless as you feel like,

and then pack up and move your entire family to Oregon. Change the speed limit laws there and then move even farther north to Seattle when caught.

Lol

• Like 2

Just for the hell of it..........

Got pulled over here in NM.... 60 mph in a 50 mph (in town), at night.  Stopped my vehicle, turned on interior lights, rolled windows down, put my hands where the officer could see them as he approached my vehicle.  He asked if I knew why he pulled me over and I responded that it was probably for doing 60 mph.  Asked me for license and registration, told him where they were so he would know what movements I was going to make.  Comes back and just gives me a warning, could have also ticketed me for not having registration signed.  I think the way I conducted myself saved me from getting 2 tickets.

Just sayin.

• Like 3