"Ruined" Enthusiast's 510

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going positive/less than positive on this one.

Flares tastefully done.

Dude says he built it but payed McKinney to do engine and upgrades and a buddy did his flares and paint.

I like the color.

Mike is right, owner comes off as smug.

It's not gaudy or particularly flashy.

The gauges look like shit.

I ran out of positives.

The host is a full on douchebag and drives like a ham fisted pussy.

• Like 1

Some people think that if you don't praise flat black engine bays and shoddy workmanship, then you're against any and all modifications away from stock.

Didn't you read all the replies to your own thread?... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64991-decrease-the-value-of-your-datsun-with-these-simple-steps/  Flat black engine bays and shoddy workmanship were high on the list of contempt. Most things (modifications away from stock) can be corrected back to stock near/stock by the next owner and that doesn't always lower or raise the value or 'ruin it' but some mods are just too radical and they do ruin it.

Didn't you read all the replies to your own thread?... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64991-decrease-the-value-of-your-datsun-with-these-simple-steps/  Flat black engine bays and shoddy workmanship were high on the list of contempt. Most things (modifications away from stock) can be corrected back to stock near/stock by the next owner and that doesn't always lower or raise the value or 'ruin it' but some mods are just too radical and they do ruin it.

Oh I did.

Decrease the value?? Let grumpy old men hoard them only to sit and rot.

-Robert

Why all the box flare hate??  Gives car a old school IMSA look.

Far more people have destroyed perfectly fine cars with well done bubble/BRE flares then box flares guys ever have..

fixed

• Like 1

There is nothing I don't like about the car. Just the DORK doing the driving I didn't care for. But I'm thinking that the reason he didn't drive it real hard was because it's not his car.

• Like 2

if you daily a 510, have a separate track 510, and have another z car in the garage, you are an enthusiast...even if you paid for someone to do your engine swap.

I can build/fab anything, but if I had the money to have someone else do it for me...id say at the beach and pick it up when its done too.

end thread/

• Like 5

if you daily a 510, have a separate track 510, and have another z car in the garage, you are an enthusiast...even if you paid for someone to do your engine swap.

I can build/fab anything, but if I had the money to have someone else do it for me...id say at the beach and pick it up when its done too.

end thread/

But does he take his "track 510" to the tracks? I didn't see proof. I mean, one selfie is all it woulda took. But I watched the whole video and not even one track selfie. It just feels suspicious is all. I'm not ready to just go awarding all flaired 510 owners enthusiast status.

Why all the box flare hate??  Gives car a old school IMSA look.

Far more people have destroyed perfectly fine cars with badly done bubble/BRE flares then box flares guys ever have..

That's because they would rather the attempt and loose, than run box flares

There is nothing I don't like about the car. Just the DORK doing the driving I didn't care for. But I'm thinking that the reason he didn't drive it real hard was because it's not his car.

Who would not stab the throttle on an SR???? Driver not an enthusiast.

• Like 1

This car is nice as far as I am concerned. The engine bay can use some cleaning up slightly but he did say it was a track car..and if you ask me it looks that he has not 1 but 3 pretty bad ass Datsuns sitting in his driveway, how many you guys buy and park in your driveway?

Fixed