Decrease the value of your Datsun with these simple steps...

Most of the shit people are bitching about are things that make a car a ratsun to begin with. If I do body work and cant afford to have the car painted, what am I supposed to do, leave it bare metal so it'll rust? I flat black primed the body with a chrome sonic boom, it looked better than the 5 colors it was when I bought it. It had no tunes so I broke some unspoken rule about putting a CD player in it. Oh damn, I ruined the car by putting in the 240sx seats and zx 5 speed into an already l20 swapped car. Oh wait, I'm OK because it's my fucking car and I could care less what someone else thinks about it and I'll paint it purple if I feel like it. Wait a minute, gotta go older some purple paint.

All that can be 'fixed' by the next owner. Hood pins, box flairs, flairs, holes for rear mirrors, shaving locks, cutting doors for speakers... not so easy.

• Like 3
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The next owner will be my daughter when I'm dead and gone. But I get you on the other stuff. Mine has the NASCAR style mirror from the PO. He thought the sss carb setup in the trunk were for a z and said it would never run again, we had it driving that night.

Remove the stock normal door mounted mirrors and drill holes in the hood or fenders and put mirrors there.

Mount 12" wide wheels and stretch 6" wide tires onto them.

Use big oversized fender flares.

Drill holes in front bumper, hood, and mount lights there.

Remove good, functional tailgate on truck and replace with a net

Remove bed of truck and replace with redneck "flatbed."

Copy ANY style from bosozuku

Cut huge hole in bed for hacked up suspension to go through, because who uses a truck to haul things in?

Purposely self create rust on hood or any other body panel.

Hack up tailgate, trunk, etc for "cooler" taillights from a Cadillac, Supra, etc.

Do an engine swap of a non-Datsun nature. Nissan engines included.

And since I am guilty of a few things listed in posts above mine...

...For that matter, do anything at all but leave it bone stock. Regardless of condition you must bring it back to mint original, concourse restorations only. Don't even drive it, ever! You are not allowed to have any enjoyment of your own vehicle.

• Like 4

What's sad is you guys are describing 80-90% of the Datsuns on here..

Agreed.

But what is really sad is... in all honesty.. NONE OF IT MATTERS!

People will always be dumb and do shit you don't like. ALWAYS.

People will always ruin their perfectly good cars. ALWAYS

if you don't like it. keep your opinions to yourself, or bitch at people that care. this just sounds like a bunch of closed minded dicks who have nothing better to do than complain about how "Johnny Fix-A-Lot" can't or doesn't want to Restore everything to perfect shape. there are perfect examples still out there, and there always will be. if you don't like it... DON'T DO IT!

Constructive Criticism is an Okay thing. But this entire thread is just people Indirectly being dicks to others...

• Like 3

If the owners of said modified Datsuns didn't own the said Datsuns, likely half of them would have been crushed already, and half of the other half would be parts for the last half, and when them guys all got together for a Datsun meet, it would look like a bunch of sheep in a field, they would all look the same, that's a world I can live without.

What's great is that the 80-90 percent don't give a rats ass what the 10 percent think.

What's sad is you guys are describing 80-90% of the Datsuns on here..

• Like 2

This thread seems oddly out of place. First of all the term RATsun. Second the car art proudly displayed on the home page. Third , the entire thread titled "what is wrong with Ratsun".

IMHO, if it makes the driver happy, what's my problem?

Oh and could some one open a window in here, it's getting stuffy.

If I really cared, I would be offended........but I don't so I'm not.

Car is primered.....too far gone to bother with paint.

Fender mirrors.......Hey, I think they are cool.

No bumpers......just looks better and since they are 2.5 MPH bumpers, does it really make a difference?

240SX seats......Really? Have you ever sat in a 1200 stock seat for more than 10 minutes.....they could've used em at Gitmo.

Hood pins.......Cuz fiberglass hood.

#itsmycarandI'llruinitanywayIwant

• Like 3

It's not people getting butthurt, it's others openly being ignorant asshats.

Would you walk up to someone at a car show, and tell them they ruined thier 510 by putting hood pins on it? Or fender mirrors? No. You would say to yourself or your buddies who actually care your opinion, that you don't like it.

This isn't people getting butthurt, it is people getting upset over being disrespected. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to make up some "legitimate" reason For it to be ruining it.

It's not people getting butthurt, it's others openly being ignorant asshats.

Would you walk up to someone at a car show, and tell them they ruined thier 510 by putting hood pins on it? Or fender mirrors? No. You would say to yourself or your buddies who actually care your opinion, that you don't like it.

This isn't people getting butthurt, it is people getting upset over being disrespected. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to make up some "legitimate" reason For it to be ruining it.

I Herr this A lot owning a box flared car . My replies is usually at least my car is drivable. Or my car is faster then your's . Haters gunna hate
  • Like 3

Paint your engine bay some non-body color, preferably matte black.

Primer the exterior, regardless of bodywork status. Rattle can primer is best.

Rewire the engine bay and/or interior for no apparent reason.

Cut up the dash for a high quality head unit, like a Dual.

Cut up the doors instead of using kick pods. Pyle speakers only sound good flapping around in oem door cards.

Change door mirrors at least three times. More speed holes in your doors = faster.

Paint the exterior with all trim & weatherstrip in place.

Put a fuel cell in place of the spare tire well. The higher it sits the better.

Nobody likes bumpers. Throw those in the trash.

Feel free to add your own helpful Datsun appreciation tips!

or just put a Ratsun sticker on the bumper

• Like 1

Unless your car is for sale who cares. Do what you want, it's your canvas to express your self. As said in earlier posts, most of these cars or trucks would have been scrapped any way. On another note it is humorous to see Craig's list adds selling a highly personalized car or truck for insane cost. Sellers reasoning being his invested cost.