2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.....it's a bit hit/miss with stock wheels.  I have it so close that some will clear and some won't......so the spacers make it a safe bet.  The inside of the wheel can get ground a bit......I probably should have had that done before they went to Jrock.  With the wheel ground, no spacer needed.  We'll just plan on using spacers. :)

• Like 3

Yep.....it's a bit hit/miss with stock wheels.  I have it so close that some will clear and some won't......so the spacers make it a safe bet.  The inside of the wheel can get ground a bit......I probably should have had that done before they went to Jrock.  With the wheel ground, no spacer needed.  We'll just plan on using spacers. :)

Ok, glad i remembered something , spacers it is , 

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 

FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN REBUILD........................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    .......................................................ratdat3

PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR ................................................................. hobospyder

TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam

DASH BOARD ..................................................................... ....................... uberkevin

IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69

TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd

FRONT TURN LENSES .............................................................................. skyblue

POWDER COATING .................................................................................... jrock4224

HOOD AND LABOR ..................................................................................... jester

KNOBS & SHIFTER ..................................................................................... mattndew76

521 TRUCK .................................................................................................. datslocos & denmarkboy

INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................. ratsun

EVENT & RAFFLE ........................................................................................ datsuns northwest

PAYPAL & TOWING ...................................................................................... bowtie towing

BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ........................................................................ the graphics shop

STREERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS...................................... wayno  

RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ...................................... Dime Dave 

CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR .....................................................Busta Nut

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.net

please make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :  

]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder   Charlie69  Gradyfest

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .

87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps

header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg

674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps

1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zps

1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.com/user/bluehandsvideo.

http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/            

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD

14 inch white wall tires                                                                               paint

labor                                                                                                        one hub cap

transportation                                                                                            carpet

fuse block                                                                                                  labor 

paint                                                                                                         rubber kit 

• Like 1

Absolutely because they'd be clean!!  :)

Does anyone send you clean parts ?  I know I didn't .  :angel:   But jester and i had a late start that day, but i should of at least sprayed them with something . next go around they will be clean 

Just let me know. If not, I'll use them on mine.

Well I looked around yesterday for the remaining parts required to complete the swap . I cant afford the remaining parts to complete this swap, so i would say , thank you . But i have paint,registration,tires .... on  and on....to purchase still.  

• Like 1

Wrote time off on calendar today.........January 15-19........

.............I'll be there man....

Make me a list of shit to do..... B)

Holy crap ! Time and pages fly by when your havin fun ! I had to go all the way back to page 18 to find this 

cant believe your gonna be here tomorrow ! time is flying by to canby

• Like 4

Does anyone send you clean parts ?  I know I didn't .  :angel:   But jester and i had a late start that day, but i should of at least sprayed them with something . next go around they will be clean 

Well I looked around yesterday for the remaining parts required to complete the swap . I cant afford the remaining parts to complete this swap, so i would say , thank you . But i have paint,registration,tires .... on  and on....to purchase still.  

Actually, K-trip sent me some very nicely cleaned and sandblasted LCA's to modify.......best yet!  The other two sets were pretty clean too.  I should get the Canby truck's spindles apart and soaking pretty soon.

Maybe we need a bit of a reality check on this truck.  Originally, I thought it was going to be cleaned up and made as nice as possible for as little as possible.  I didn't think it started out to be a Foose style overhaul.  You (denmarkboy) are already putting a ton more time and money into this than the original scope......at least that's my perspective and take on it.  If donations don't come in to cover the paint and supplies, I said just rub it out and call it good.  Whoever polished Jesse's(jasifras) wagon might be able to do the truck.  After all.....this is a Ratsun truck.....I don't think perfection is necessarily the goal.  I thought it was going to be a canvas for the next owner.....mechanically sound, but not perfect.  That was part of the reason for doing vinyl graphics.  Maybe I misunderstood just how far this truck was being taken, but I don't want to break Al(denmarkboy) either physically or finacially.........so I just wanted to step back for a minute and make sure that everyone is on the same page about the goals for this truck. 

If that goal is to turn out a perfect truck.....that's cool.......but ratsun members who aren't already donating or helping could to start paypaling $5-20 each pay day until it's finished.  You guys all want to come to Canby and have a beer together......well, sacrifice one each week to the cause and send it as a gift.  If there's a windfall in the end, it can either be the seed money for next years, donated to datsunsnw, or.....I think a gift cert from a parts store to go with the truck might be a good use. With that said.......I really kinda doubt there will be a windfall! lol :)  Prove me wrong!!

• Like 9

Thanks Mike , there are lots of people helping and more would be better . 

The goal was/is to build a truck donated by one club to another club . With the goal of building a larger datsun community . This goal is well underway and so far so good if you ask me . The donated parts are in the thousands already. The donated labor and travel is in the thousands of dollars and miles . 

The goal of the truck was to take a truck from my group and make the best truck that could be built within my budget . We have made great progress with the truck so far  thanks to donated parts and labor . And after this weekend we will be well on our way. The paint is something i planned on doing on my budget ( basic 502 ) in my shop . Not show quality . the truck will not have graphics , just the rear window .

• Like 6

Holy crap ! Time and pages fly by when your havin fun ! I had to go all the way back to page 18 to find this 

cant believe your gonna be here tomorrow ! time is flying by to canby

Hell ya baby!!

Departure in tee minus 17hrs 36mins..........

:frantics:  :frantics: 

• Like 3

Cool.  Just wanted to make sure we (group) didn't start expecting more than you had originally committed to.

Donators.....keep in mind that even supplies will help Al!!  He's doing a ton of work and donating a ton of his own parts and supplies that may go unnoticed.  Donate sandpaper, wax/grease remover, tape, engine degreaser......  maybe if you have some decent tools that will make it easier for him....loan them.  Just trying to spark some creative ways for guys to help out if they'd like to but don't have the $'s. :)

• Like 5

I cant think of anything special , you could make the rain go away . it is suppose to rain the whole time your going to be here . 

I can't bring Egypt with me.....

......where's Nanner....can't he do some kind of go away rain dance??

:rofl:  :rofl: 

• Like 5

Thanks for that offer , but the grey/blue paint someone used to cover the truck is far from buffing & the hood donated by jester is a brown primer almost . So it will have to be sprayed , if we would of built a ratrod version i wasn't going to paint it , But that truck has rusty floors . So thats why it  got switched to this rust free floor truck .

believe me , I wish we could get away with a cut & buff .. at this rate i will be lucky if my crewcab is tacked welded together by canby

• Like 3

I can't bring Egypt with me.....

......where's Nanner....can't he do some kind of go away rain dance??

:rofl:  :rofl:

I noticed you are going to be there this next weekend,,, won't you miss the 49ers playing in the NFC championship game??

:hyper:

too soon?

:rofl:

• Like 3