What's the fastest you've ever gone in a 510?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm rolling through a left turn at about ~25mph and mildly get on the gas mid turn, the rear end will kick out. No sway bars helps with that. Fun fun fun

That's not a "problem". It's a "feature".   B)

And stiffening the front bar would help. But then it's gonna understeer, so...

That's not a "problem". It's a "feature". B)

And stiffening the front bar would help. But then it's gonna understeer, so...

I wasn't complaining! If I was complaining I'd either slow down or put my sway bars on (neither are on; work in progress). Everyone enjoys a little ass wiggling every now and then.
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

My speedo stops reading at 120, but I had the needle to the high beam indicator in my KA510. I regularly drive 90+ mph although I have slowed down a bit in my old age. ;) Had 28 demerits for a chunk of my 20's, 90% for speeding.

Fastest I've been is 165mph in my buddies Vette. Stuff happens unbelievably fast at that speed. 

BTW, I live in the prairies. Nothing but long straight roads for as far as the eye can see.....

Did 95mph with my travel trailer for a short stint a few weeks ago. Was trying to catch a car so my wife could take a pic. :)

10.96 @ 127 in the quarter in a 510 I owned a few years ago, I had it up to 152 when testing the nitrous on the street in 5th.

Yo Gary!  Did you sell this?     This car was a beast.  I can't think of a street driven 510 that I've seen faster in the 1/4.  IRS...ridiculous.

I've hit 135 many times on track days.  That was the top of 4th with my old 7m-gte and 6750 redline. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a fun race to watch^^^ Amazing now clean Troy's line is through the corners. Looks like the mazda is taking four lines at the same time. Not clear wether he just pushing the car to it's grip threshold, or he's trying to defend the inside, but that darting shit looses momentum and makes him vulnerable exiting the corner. Textbook performance by Troy getting everything you can out of a dime, and a tribute to Rebello built motors.

• Like 1

Best I've done in a Datsun is about 75. 85 720 4x4 with 31x10.5s and z24 with a Weber 32/36. She didn't really have a whole lot left to give, maybe on a long empty flat she could have done 85.

Best Nissan, about 125ish in my 90 240sx kae. Long empty stretch of nowhere freeway in Utah, kept the pedal down till it quit climbing. Two days later, my cam shaft sheared completely in half right next to one of the cam towers. Machinist thought the head had been decked previously, but haven't been straightened, so he figured it had aa twist in it that put shear stress on the cam.

Best ever, about 135 in a rather built evo8. Craziest driving experience of my life. When the turbo spooled up, it accelerated so hard that I got tunnel vision. Everything but the road in front of me disappeared, and that seemed to stretch out into the distance all movie special effect like. The guy who owned the car laughed at me because I never actually reached full boost. I didn't have the cojones to stay completely on the throttle when boost came on. No matter how hard I tried, I backed off it some. only ever hit about 90% of max boost.

• 2 months later...