• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

On the face of it I guess so but they've had decades to get ready for this. Hard to imagine someone around then is a threat or threatened by any involvement 55 years ago. Most are dead of old age. Only countries are still around. I imagine skullduggery was about.

I've read reports that it's "just an effort to avoid compromising national security, law enforcement or intelligence gathering methods" 54 years ago... To quote Foghorn Leghorn, That makes about as much sense as a sack of wet mice.

I believe Oswald could have been a Manchurian assassin, so releasing the rest of the documents would expose the effectiveness of Russia's clandestine methods were in the US, and the methods used by our government in attempts to control and manage public perception. The popularity and message of JFK, RFK, and MLK represented serious threats to the established power structure. Their assassinations spawn huge social upheaval, racial tensions, and open rebellion against authority while we were at war against communism.

Imagine the can of warms.

As a resident of Oklahoma I've always wondered why I should be subsidizing the high state taxes for states like OH, California, NY and IL. Also, Cuomo is the guy that said "if you're conservative, there is no place for you in New York". He's the one, right? Basically, the deductibles will be so high in the Trump tax reform that only the higher income folks will use them, which means that not abolishing the state tax deductibles would be a benefit only for the upper brackets. Kind of an offense against Democratic Party orthodoxy i.e., that tax reform only helps the rich.

32BJ’s Figueroa and Gov. Cuomo speak out against Trump budget

Trump and the GOP’s tax plan also would repeal the State and Local Tax Deduction that allows taxpayers to deduct income or sales taxes and state and local property taxes from their federal taxable income.

Monday, New York State Gov. Andrew Cuomo and U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer called for the New York Congressional Delegation to oppose the repeal of state and local tax deductions.

“Now I get the politics,” said Cuomo at a news conference. “New York and California, they’re blue states. Those are predominantly Democratic. They didn’t vote for a lot of, for the president in the election. That’s not how you govern. That is coarse, base politics, and that is not how you govern. And by the way New York and California happen to be the economic engines of this country. You slow down the economy in New York, you slow down the economy in California, you slow down the economy in the United States of America.”

Cuomo also said he doesn’t buy the compromise from Trump and company that implies they’ll only raise taxes on wealthier New Yorkers and eliminate deductibility above that income level.

“And that frankly is the Republican argument that they have made in this state every year, year after year after year,” said Cuomo. “Why are they against the Millionaires Tax? Because you’ll chase away the millionaires. They’ll go to other states. And then you’ll raise taxes on everyone else. So their own logic says this is a terrible, terrible idea.”

http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2017/oct/26/32bjs-figueroa-and-gov-cuomo-speak-out-against-tru/

Don't get suckered in by car salesman logic. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state#Fiscal_Year_2015

Federal tax revenue by state

1 California  Gross collections $405,851,295,000 Per Capita $10,408 Ratio GSP 16.6%

25 Oklahoma  Gross collections $33,942,286,000 Per Capita  $8,687 Ratio GSP 18.9%

How are you subsidizing? 

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Michigan mom in genital mutilation case bemoans GPS tether

A Detroit mom accused of sending her daughter to a doctor who mutilated her genitalia is moaning that her GPS ankle tether is uncomfortable.

Several Detroit-area doctors were arrested earlier this year after prosecutors alleged two seven-year-old Minnesota girls were cut at a suburban clinic. The investigation has since spread to include four more girls from Michigan, ages 8 to 12.

“The device is physically uncomfortable, and causes irritation to the skin,” defence lawyer Brian Legghio said Tuesday, the Detroit News reports. “The GPS tether device is unnecessarily intrusive, more importantly, its visual presence and its intermittent beeping requires (Fatema) to explain to her eight-year-old and five-year-old children why their mother must wear an electronic bracelet on her ankle.”

http://torontosun.com/news/world/michigan-mom-in-genital-mutilation-case-bemoans-gps-tether

Boo fucking hoo. No one gives a shit about males having their foreskin mutilated without their consent.

Foreskin is not the whoopee spot like the clitoris is. Removing it is intended to take away girl's interest in sex, making them more faithful. No one is cutting off the head of little boy's dicks. Apples and oranges comparison.  

• Like 2

How in the world is the woman in a position of leadership.

For 30 yrs

and,.. just in case you missed it,...now the real interesting part is about to happen. All of this going to end in a big whimper, all out war, or something else.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-politics-catalonia/catalonia-declares-independence-from-spain-direct-madrid-rule-looms-idUSKBN1CW0VF

Catalonia declares independence from Spain, direct Madrid rule looms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWKqC-bFbaY

Going to be live coverage if anything happens

Unfortunately just consolidating EU.

Small successions help them and don't pose a threat, except for tax revenue .. but they print money.

Foreskin is not the whoopee spot like the clitoris is. Removing it is intended to take away girl's interest in sex, making them more faithful. No one is cutting off the head of little boy's dicks. Apples and oranges comparison.

I disagree. The foreskin keeps the glans moist and sensitive to the touch. It's like touching your eyeball with your finger sensitive. Without it the head becomes dry and much less sensitive.... and it's still a mutilation.... to inflict injury or disfigurement on.   

Removing the clitoris does not remove the sex drive just much of the satisfaction from it. Besides being wrong it's misguided.

You two fuck'in meatballs always cheer me up.  :)

• Like 1

I've read reports that it's "just an effort to avoid compromising national security, law enforcement or intelligence gathering methods" 54 years ago... To quote Foghorn Leghorn, That makes about as much sense as a sack of wet mice.

I believe Oswald could have been a Manchurian assassin, so releasing the rest of the documents would expose the effectiveness of Russia's clandestine methods were in the US, and the methods used by our government in attempts to control and manage public perception. The popularity and message of JFK, RFK, and MLK represented serious threats to the established power structure. Their assassinations spawn huge social upheaval, racial tensions, and open rebellion against authority while we were at war against communism.

Imagine the can of warms.

Just imagine it...

Canned-Heat.jpg

• Like 1

I disagree. The foreskin keeps the glans moist and sensitive to the touch. It's like touching your eyeball with your finger sensitive. Without it the head becomes dry and much less sensitive.... and it's still a mutilation.... to inflict injury or disfigurement on.   

Removing the clitoris does not remove the sex drive just much of the satisfaction from it. Besides being wrong it's misguided.

Shit, now I want my foreskin back.... Thanks Mike.

Does placing a 'no valuables inside' sign in a car window deter break-ins?

Car burglaries are at epidemic levels in San Francisco

In San Francisco, where no automobile parked on the street is immune from glass-smashing thieves, some people have taken to posting signs on car windows announcing that there are no valuables inside.

The hope, of course, is that a thief will read the notice and decide: "Huh. No valuables in this one.I guess I'll break into some other car."

On Tuesday, a Reddit user posted a photo of such a sign and posed the question "Do you think it works?" to the Reddit community. A lively debate ensued.

"Sounds a lot like something that someone with valuables in their car would say," wrote a skeptical Maddox83a.

But iamthewaffler disagreed, citing personal experience.

"It's strong signaling that works VERY well," the commenter wrote. "The intended victim for thefts from cars are people who are from out of town, other "safer" parts of SF, etc who don't know that certain areas are very prone to car break-ins. If you have bothered to print out a sign and put it in your window, that shows you know exactly what neighborhood you're in and the chances of anything valuable being in your car are extremely low.

"These are crimes of opportunity, and if you simply let the would-be thief know that you're from this part of town and aware of the danger, they'll pass right by.

A few Reddit users suggested that car owners forget about the sign and simply leave the car doors unlocked. But that prompted stories of homeless people sleeping in vehicles overnight, doing drugs and/or having sex in them, and even using backseats as a toilet.

Other recommendations included:

—Leaving your car a mess inside and out to discourage thieves. Place cardboard over floor carpeting or leave storage boxes of junk on top of seats folded down.

—Leave the glove compartment and center consoles open (take the bulb out if the glovebox light stays on).

—Get rid of your car and just use Lyft, Uber and BART.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/No-valuables-sign-car-break-san-francisco-window-12288571.php

I'd use a garage

Think again

Nl6lhIh.png

That's almost what my wife and I paid for our 1 bd rm apartment in North Beach SF back in the late 80s. I'd have to go with Dguy210's solution and just not live in San Francisco. The place is wack.

• Like 2