• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

By megalomaniac with narcissistic tendencies don't you really mean crazy?

Watched the conference and have some questions.

Putin sent us a spy ship off the US coast, ICBM launch in direct violation of US Russian arms agreement, fighter planes buzzing our Navy ships, troops and missiles massing along the border of neighboring Baltic states. So with all this Russian provocation what does Trump do to demonstrate US strength? He blames the media for reporting on leaks regarding communication between his campaign advisers and Russian diplomats. According to Trump, these leaks are real, but the news is fake. Meanwhile two of his campaign advisers resigned because of it and he asked for the resignation of his National Security Adviser over the same "fake news" accusations. His assertion today was this media ruse makes it impossible for him to deal with Russia..... Seriously?

Straight up, Russia is fucking NATO and the US in the ass right now and Trump is taking it like a Chihuahua bitch, and still calling for lifting Obama era sanction and gutting NATO. He even repeated in todays news conference "If we have a good relationship with Russia, believe me it's a good thing" Are you fucking kidding me? Bull Shit, I want to know what the hell is going on here. I'm sick of Trump's hypocrisy. He can put this fake news story to rest in an instant. Release the transcripts of these "low level" contacts, he can also show there's no financial conflict of interest with Russia by releasing his tax returns. Does this kind of request for transparency of our political servants sound familiar?

• Like 2

Good observation!

Would like to take credit but I can not. In looking for information I started to see people complain about how the NYT was reprinting articles. Became a big deal a few days back when then Times dropped a 9pm breaking news. With in 10min people were pointing out how it was a reprint, in half an hour people had posted up the old and how the only change was the 3rd paragraph had been rewritten.

Anything from the NYT might be a reissue.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/world/americans-take-an-anxious-journey-to-the-centre-of-donald-trumps-mind-20170219-gugc6j.html

Ive cut what I think is the relevant text out of this article. Allegedly written by 35 psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers in a letter to the New York times.

Here's their diagnosis: "Mr. Trump's speech and actions demonstrate an inability to tolerate views different from his own, leading to rage reactions. His words and behaviour suggest a profound inability to empathise. Individuals with these traits distort reality to suit their psychological state, attacking facts and those who convey them (journalists, scientists).

"In a powerful leader, these attacks are likely to increase, as his personal myth of greatness appears to be confirmed. We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr Trump's speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president."

• Like 1

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/world/americans-take-an-anxious-journey-to-the-centre-of-donald-trumps-mind-20170219-gugc6j.html

Ive cut what I think is the relevant text out of this article. Allegedly written by 35 psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers in a letter to the New York times.

Here's their diagnosis: "Mr. Trump's speech and actions demonstrate an inability to tolerate views different from his own, leading to rage reactions. His words and behaviour suggest a profound inability to empathise. Individuals with these traits distort reality to suit their psychological state, attacking facts and those who convey them (journalists, scientists).

"In a powerful leader, these attacks are likely to increase, as his personal myth of greatness appears to be confirmed. We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr Trump's speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president."

Most of our media is totally in the basket of the far left, looks like at least some of the Aussie press is also. The article, just like Trump said Fake News.

• Like 3

Most of our media is totally in the basket of the far left, looks like at least some of the Aussie press is also. The article, just like Trump said Fake News.

Many people on the right are seeing the same thing, but it's not just Republicans who voted for Trump. He was marketed as the non PC on BS anti establishment H bomb and Americans right and left wanted to push that button. In a time of fear and hardship, people are drawn to Trumps projection of superiority and seemingly unflappable self confidence.  

What Ratwagon's article is saying is that Trump displays behavior consistent with narcissistic personality disorder. This is not unique to him, in fact most effective leaders have the same tendencies. There are observable archetypal traits that point to when this reaches the level of a psychological disorder. What separates this from someone with healthy self confidence is an inability to recognize or respect other people's sovereignty. This includes an inability to tolerate different viewpoints from theirs, receive valid criticism and adjust their behavior. To maintain the narcissist's distorted sense of self importance requires an impenetrable ego fortress that distorts their view of the world and their expectations of it. 

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance

Expecting to be recognized as superior

Exaggerating your achievements and talents

Having low impulse control

Being preoccupied with an image of success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people

Requiring constant attention and admiration

Having a sense of entitlement

Expecting special privilege and unquestioning compliance with your expectations

Taking advantage of others to get what you want

Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

• Like 1

Many people on the right are seeing the same thing, but it's not just Republicans who voted for Trump. He was marketed as the non PC on BS anti establishment H bomb and Americans right and left wanted to push that button. In a time of fear and hardship, people are drawn to Trumps projection of superiority and seemingly unflappable self confidence.  

What Ratwagon's article is saying is that Trump displays behavior consistent with narcissistic personality disorder. This is not unique to him, in fact most effective leaders have the same tendencies. There are observable archetypal traits that point to when this reaches the level of a psychological disorder. What separates this from someone with healthy self confidence is an inability to recognize or respect other people's sovereignty. This includes an inability to tolerate different viewpoints from theirs, receive valid criticism and adjust their behavior. To maintain the narcissist's distorted sense of self importance requires an impenetrable ego fortress that distorts their view of the world and their expectations of it. 

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance

Expecting to be recognized as superior

Exaggerating your achievements and talents

Having low impulse control

Being preoccupied with an image of success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people

Requiring constant attention and admiration

Having a sense of entitlement

Expecting special privilege and unquestioning compliance with your expectations

Taking advantage of others to get what you want

Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Many people? how about the swamp tenders that want to be losers. Fake news. It is a hell of a lot of you lost, got a beat down at the election booth and your pissing in your own breakfast cereal blaming it on Trump.

It is like your BLM. Based on a lie, compounded by other lies, promoted by the media to achieve an agenda.

• Like 1

That's not the media saying that; that's doctors saying that.

Ya know, people with extra letters behind their names. People smarter than you or I. People who specialized in a diagnosis such as...

Many people? how about the swamp tenders that want to be losers. Fake news. It is a hell of a lot of you lost, got a beat down at the election booth and your pissing in your own breakfast cereal blaming it on Trump.

It is like your BLM. Based on a lie, compounded by other lies, promoted by the media to achieve an agenda.

Gas lit, much?

The left has stopped their "belly-aching" about their nominee not receiving the nod.

The worry more lies within a horrible business man/sociopath/celebrity running the best God damned country in the world-armed with a staff with ZERO experience in doing so.

If you're not freaked out, even in the slightest, you should be.

BLM movement is far from a lie. Study what Nixon's war on drugs did to black lives.

I can't believe people with this mindset have the ability to tie their shoes let alone function within humanity.

Just a snippet of the BLM mission statement

- Defunding police departments

- Race-based reparations

- Voting rights for illegal immigrants

- Universal basic income

- Free college for blacks

- End to all deportations, immigrant detention, and Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) raids

• Like 4

Not to say that there aren't African American's that feel strongly about it. There is a divide and racism is real. But IMO, there are outside influences pushing an alternate agenda which fuel the fires and take away from the message all together.

• Like 2

I do not disagree with you there about that.

The foundation is a business, like all, that want something.

Their demands are unreasonable and create bias against other ethnicities.

There is not much more I can say that will not come off racist. Without crossing that line I can only say that all lives matter. Color/ethnic background should not matter. Unfortunately, it does.

This 'branding' of the masses needs to stop though.

Fight and lock up the bad guys, regardless of color. White, black, brown, plaid. Don't care.

Commit crime, do time.

• Like 3

Trevor Noah was on that talk show with Whoopi Goldberg. He had a great stance about 'branding' the population.

I can't seem to find the video currently though.

If the is every fake news worth watching, The Daily Show. They have no qualms about know that they are fake news. Lol.

I worked with a black guy that was in his early 50's and he grew up in the Compton area, he called the BLM a bunch of idiots. I believe his quote the the first time we saw it on the news at lunch was "ain't these motherfuckers got jobs?"

• Like 9

I worked with a black guy that was in his early 50's and he grew up in the Compton area, he called the BLM a bunch of idiots. I believe his quote the the first time we saw it on the news at lunch was "ain't these motherfuckers got jobs?"

Like all the tools at the airport's protesting? Let the lawyers do their jobs. You occupy, hippie-ass bitches need to go contribute to society.

I'm all about standing up for a belief; I just ain't giving up my 9-5 to do so.

• Like 2

That's not the media saying that; that's doctors saying that.

Ya know, people with extra letters behind their names. People smarter than you or I. People who specialized in a diagnosis such as...

Gas lit, much?

The left has stopped their "belly-aching" about their nominee not receiving the nod.

The worry more lies within a horrible business man/sociopath/celebrity running the best God damned country in the world-armed with a staff with ZERO experience in doing so.

If you're not freaked out, even in the slightest, you should be.

BLM movement is far from a lie. Study what Nixon's war on drugs did to black lives.

I can't believe people with this mindset have the ability to tie their shoes let alone function within humanity.

Wow took that cool aid and drank it right on down.

This bit on Trump came out long before the election and no these people were not doctors. Even now if a Doctor happens to be on board it is a case of loser trying to make an agenda. Sorry not working.

"the left stopped belly-aching" LOL!!! best joke yet. The article, heck just turn on ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN.       If you are freaked out it is because you spend to much time believing what the media tells you to believe. The 50% of the nation that voted for Trump have no problem putting on thier shoes, however, the democRat losers are daily proving that they can NOT function within humanity.

The next 8 years are going to be a rough ride for you.

• Like 2