• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavoy Finicum did ask to be shot not to mention he had EVERY opportunity to give up peacefully and chose not to.Totally justified in my opinion.In todays world you have to be very ignorant to fuck with law enforcement especially with this situation.Finicum made his own choices that day,im sure law enforcement would have rather been doing something else.I thought this story was done and over with here,i guess not.

You can't just shoot someone because they ask to be shot.. doesn't make it justified. 

The flurry of shots after he was up and standing, I would agree are justified. He was reaching.... they don't know what he's reaching for.

But when you open your car door and there are immediately two shots.. sorry not legal. Not reporting those shots... more illegal.

• Like 2

Lavoy Finicum did ask to be shot not to mention he had EVERY opportunity to give up peacefully and chose not to.Totally justified in my opinion.In todays world you have to be very ignorant to fuck with law enforcement especially with this situation.Finicum made his own choices that day,im sure law enforcement would have rather been doing something else.I thought this story was done and over with here,i guess not.

The deals you make with your devils just astound me sometimes John.

With this type of reasoning then there are a ton of innocent people in prison for murder. "They asked for it."

• Like 1

You can't just shoot someone because they ask to be shot.. doesn't make it justified. 

The flurry of shots after he was up and standing, I would agree are justified. He was reaching.... they don't know what he's reaching for.

But when you open your car door and there are immediately two shots.. sorry not legal. Not reporting those shots... more illegal.

This type of thing has happened before too. Non visual verbal serving of a warrant on a home. Cops enter without announcing and fire on a person. Person then returns fire in defense and is tried for murdering a cop, or the person fires on an assumed intruder that is a LEO.

Who was wrong? According to the court cases the LEO's are at fault..

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/swat-officer-killed-serving-no-knock-warrant/

I can pull more instances. 

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/what-happens-when-civilian-kills-cop-self-defense

No it's not.It's the right thing to do.

They are trained to shoot to kill, and yes, they should shoot to kill. Just like if you have a concealed weapon permit. You are trained the same way. If you shoot, you better kill.. and plan on spending a lot of time in court regardless. Just the way it goes, even if you are 100% in the right. Even if a 300lb dude comes swinging at you.. you better be able to prove you had no other options before you pull the trigger.

Police are also trained not to shoot first until the subject is deemed a credible threat. Someone getting out of their car with their hands in the air... is not a threat.

• Like 3

They are trained to shoot to kill, and yes, they should shoot to kill. Just like if you have a concealed weapon permit. You are trained the same way. If you shoot, you better kill.. and plan on spending a lot of time in court regardless. Just the way it goes, even if you are 100% in the right. Even if a 300lb dude comes swinging at you.. you better be able to prove you had no other options before you pull the trigger.

Police are also trained not to shoot first until the subject is deemed a credible threat. Someone getting out of their car with their hands in the air... is not a threat.

Then you have to throw more suspicion on the matter when 5 Federal Agents cover up actions.......If this was a justified event then why would anyone need to pick up spent brass, and not report the use of a service weapon? 

• Like 2

you weren't there. Videos don't show the entire story

I agree ^^

Refusal to release dash cams and body cam video is kinda funny too. It is listed in the formal report just like the cel phone videos. LEO's can paint a one sided pictures when you hold all the proof.

Am I incorrect?

• Like 1

It's actually pretty clear from the video. He put both hands up as he exited the car. But no, we don't have all angles. So in that sense, you're right.

Those body cam's will never see the light of day unless they are leaked.

No it's not.It's the right thing to do.

Why not shoot to subdue?  Why not apprehend a SUSPECT instead of kill them.  Please explain.  The officers of the law, sworn in to protect the people, and serve justice, accept a high level of risk when they sign on to the force.  In a situation such as this, the general population was not at risk.  There were bare woods in every direction.  The only danger was to himself and officers.  They were not acting to protect and serve.  They were using lethal force when they could have apprehended him alive.   

• Like 1

This is just wrong thinking. He was executed. Just like a lot of unarmed felons. I'm so sick of hearing that 'LEO have determined that lethal force was justified'. Sometimes it is, this wasn't. I was taught that even if a fire looks like it's out you empty the fire extinguisher to be sure. Seems like more and more that cops empty their weapons and can't seem to stop. It's like a 5 second rule.... no matter how many fellow officers are firing into a 'felon' if you can get started within 5 seconds of the first shot, you get to empty your gun too. If you start shooting and run out, you can reload if withing that 5 second rule. Mob mentality, pack of dogs.  

• Like 2