"The GOP is trying to take down one of their own"

He's barely GOP minded. The most liberal candidate on the GOP ticket by far. He could have run on either ticket. He basically has no policy discussion. He's built his candidacy on things like building walls and being "Tuff on things and stuff". The GOP wants him gone like a you would want a pile of shit off your white carpet. The stain will just get worse and hard to remove till eventually the whole rug/party needs to just be replaced. He doesn't represent the GOP. He represents Trump. He needed to run in a party to win. He realized the GOP was the better choice. Traditionally an 8 year president turns the office over to the other party. That, and the pool of candidates really only had Mitt and Jeb as viable threats. And there gone, so...

Both parties want him gone. Really, almost everyone wants him gone. But his supporters sure are loud.

I agree..

But I don't think Cruz, if nominated somehow.. could beat Hillary. So it would seem that backing Trump would benefit them. Honestly, it's going to take an army to stop Trump.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree..

But I don't think Cruz, if nominated somehow.. could beat Hillary. So it would seem that backing Trump would benefit them. Honestly, it's going to take an army to stop Trump.

We've got one of those.

I agree..

It's too bad that we don't have the option of "None of the above" with this being counted as a "candidate" in the electoral college!  This would throw the election into the House of Representatives, hopefully the next elected House, not the lame ducks.

This would be like the "Scotch Verdict" of "Not Prooved" rather than "Not Guilty" signifying that the defendant is most likely guilty as charged but that the prosecution did a piss poor job of proving it!  Bad example if you don't get the analogy.

It's too bad that we don't have the option of "None of the above" with this being counted as a "candidate" in the electoral college! This would throw the election into the House of Representatives, hopefully the next elected House, not the lame ducks.

This would be like the "Scotch Verdict" of "Not Prooved" rather than "Not Guilty" signifying that the defendant is most likely guilty as charged but that the prosecution did a piss poor job of proving it! Bad example if you don't get the analogy.

If that was a likely outcome, Rubio would have stayed in the race. I think...

The Democrats are playing a very dangerous game by anointing Hillary Clinton as their presidential candidate. She epitomizes the double-dealing of the college-educated elites, those who speak the feel-your-pain language of ordinary men and women, who hold up the bible of political correctness, while selling out the poor and the working class to corporate power.

behold the rise of facist amerika

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWogXHbdbE

• Like 1

You know the answer and that why you are asking it. Irrelevant. I have about 3 generations of Life Experience and it tells me that it's wrong to execute people that are unarmed.

Three generations and you're still wrong.Ouch.

• Like 1

The issue seems to stem from the removal of local governance. Police forces are too large, distanced from their "beat" and just jaded from years of putting up with illustrations of fear and division. When "COMMUNITIES" we're around, (remember those? Me neither.) and everyone knew everyone, the police were the peacekeepers. They were accountable to the people. Their boss was the people. They served. Now it's more of a crossing over into the "enforcers". Here's the law book, go out and catch someone breaking them. Mike elaborated well on what I was trying to say. If a fucking brigade of cops couldn't apprehend that guy alive, they should be ashamed, as well as shamed. I pay for the peacekeepers. I don't pay for a local army. It's a risky job. But they are paid for that risk. Civilians are NOT paid to take the risk. Those LE's shot (and killed cause apparently shooting a guy in the stomach and telling him to trade his gun for an ambulance is apparently dumber than Trump) a CIVILIAN. And I know you all believe in the constitution giving us the right to due process and a fair trial. That man was not awarded his constitutional rights.

King? Cause he wasn't Black!?? Turn off Fox

I see you and reality aren't even in the same solar system.

• Like 2

Keep in mind, we view this though our own subjective perspective, and to some degree we always see what we want to see. It's all too easy to forget, the officers were not in the same detached analytical state as us viewers. We have the overhead vantage point from the chopper, and seeing inside the suburban. The cops were waiting on the road to stop an unknown quantity of resistance from a wagon load of people. Now, imagine it's your job to take Lavoy into custody for the crime of seizing public property with other armed militants. The cops didn't know it was a bunch of women and children. BTW, WTF is that about? You've been hold up in an armed standoff with federal agents, you know you're wanted by the law, and you bring a bunch of girls as a cushion to see the Sherif. I have no respect for this man.

An officer/agent was hit when Lavoy attempted to go around the blockade, and that razed the tension level. From then on, Lavoy's words were repeated over and over "You're going to have to shoot me!". he may have approached the agent with his arms up, but he was not surrendering. As soon as he turned and reached into his jacket, it was clear even with my shitty eyes he provoked a lethal response. I think Lavoy framed this in black and white, let me go, or shoot me, and in the end he got what he wanted. With the fire power the cops had, they could have killed everyone in the suburban 10X over. There were sounds of a lot of shots fired, but they were bean bags fired at the glass, and tear gas fired in to flush them out. Again, if any of that fire was live rounds, those people would be dead.

If the stupid ass cops need to fuck with the truth to save their skin, obviously they did something wrong. Lock them up. Do I think this was a conspiracy to execute this guy? Not even close to being convinced of that. Is my Government corrupt and oppressive? It is absolutely, but instead of helping the cause, Lavoy will go down in history as an ego maniacal shit stain. You can only hold the higher ground of righteousness with honor. Lavoy was defiant, but he had no honor to back it up.

Someone who gets it.And why does everyone here(almost) conveniently forget that Lavoy swore he would NOT be taken alive(paraphrase)?
  • Like 2

They really went about it the wrong way. Setting up a road block and making a big spectical of it is not how things should be done, this isn't a fucking made for TV movie. They could have very easily and peacefully arrested them at the sherrifs office most likely without insistent. They officer that was injured put himself in harm's way, he could have avoided being where he was. They knew from the start they were going to shoot that truck full of holes, you wouldn't have people waiting in the trees if you didn't want a confrontation.

Both parties are at fault for the situation.

Someone who gets it.And why does everyone here(almost) conveniently forget that Lavoy swore he would NOT be taken alive(paraphrase)?

Don't be idiotic, please. Just because someone swears this does not mean you should indulge him. Someone who dies for an ideal has made a POWERFUL statement. The authorities would have better done to arrest him and run him through the judicial system to discredit him. They fucked up big time as shown by the fact that we are still talking about it. This stink will be around forever and will be dredged up in the future any time there is similar unrest. 

They really went about it the wrong way. Setting up a road block and making a big spectical of it is not how things should be done, this isn't a fucking made for TV movie. They could have very easily and peacefully arrested them at the sherrifs office most likely without insistent. They officer that was injured put himself in harm's way, he could have avoided being where he was. They knew from the start they were going to shoot that truck full of holes, you wouldn't have people waiting in the trees if you didn't want a confrontation.

Both parties are at fault for the situation.

Or,Finicum went about it the wrong way.Finicum could have had a day in court before the wildlife preserve was ever taken hostage.Finicum could have peacefully surrendered weeks earlier without incident but didnt.The officer that was injured was in harms way because of Finicum.He could have avoided being injured by not showing up for work,definitely the officers fault for doing his job.There would'nt have been law enforcement waiting for Finicum if he had not threatened anybody and turned himself in earlier.You dont have people waiting in trees for no reason.Finicum is at fault for his own death,its so very simple and im confused as to why people think he did nothing wrong.With situations like this you have to ask yourself who made the first bad move.

• Like 2

Sorry, I missed the part where Mr. Finnium threatened anyone. 

The officer in harm's way is paid and duty bound to be in harm's way. They are mercenaries. By definition they don't have to believe or agree with the laws they enforce. They are paid for it.

If you do not trust the law and those who govern and dispense it, what other alternative have you got? Right, stand up and defy it. Make your stand. Die for it if you so strongly believe in your actions. Never surrender your beliefs. What the fuck has happened in America? You used to champion the under dog. Fight for what is right. Protect the 'little guy'.

So did Finicum even have a weapon? So the only 'harms way' the police were in was a car run off the road??? Laughable if it wasn't so sad.   

• Like 3

im confused as to why people think he did nothing wrong.

Who's saying he did nothing wrong? I just don't think cops should be empowered to act as judge and jury. Defending yourself usually doesn't look like the video I watched. The whole takeover was bullshit. I give them no honor in their stand. They were wrong all over the place. Still no reason a cop should be handing out cemetery plots cause he scares easily.

• Like 1

.There would'nt have been law enforcement waiting for Finicum if he had not threatened anybody and turned himself in earlier.

Sorry, I missed the part where Mr. Finnium threatened anyone. 

You guys should probably do some fact checking.Try something other than the BS propaganda websites.

So he threatened others? Where/when was this? Was he armed when shot?

Haven't been on any 'propaganda websites', just some news channels and damn little of that. Hell, mostly here.

• Like 1