• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Trump properties posted 144 openings for seasonal jobs. Only one went to a US worker.

“America First” doesn’t seem to apply to the president’s own businesses.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/13/16466542/trump-h-2b-guest-workers

So they hired people with work visas. What is wrong with that? And, as John510 stated, how many "Americans" actually applied for those positions? 

Vox is a pretty hard left leaning rag and I take all their reporting with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2

On track? It was nice taking a break from the stale predictable gay poo maps and doughnuts for a while, Cuz there's more to Merica than ideological conflict. This "drivel" break might even help cool things off a bit so we can actually talk rather than argue. That is unless by "on track" you mean your personal Jerry Springer Show... 

Where the fuck is KoHo?

On joke, there's an entire psychological theory based on our obsession with breasts called Object Relations Theory. 

"The internalization of good object being essential to the development of healthy ego function. The introjection of the good object, first of all the mother’s breast, is a precondition for normal development." 

Yeah, evolution called and that explanation is bullshit!

We focus on breasts for 2 important reasons:

1. We walk upright.

2. We have a hidden estrus.

Let me explain: in other primates it is common for the female buttocks to swell during estrus alerting males to their fertility. As humans evolved an upright posture the muscles of the buttocks became enlarged to support a bipedal stance resulting in this signal being lost. The best theories to date state this is why the buttock cleft and breast cleavage look very similar, similar evolutionary stimulus.

Furthermore, as humans have a hidden estrus the breasts enlarged to emulate a receptive female, which also had useful sociological implications in retaining males (which I won't go into). 

Most other primates have very small breasts. Interestingly, humans also have the largest penis of any primate. Humans are actually very weird primates in general and especially with regards to reproductive strategies.

So basically breasts are artificial signals that the female is receptive to fertilization. Which means humans have a VERY strong selective pressure to find them desirable.

Note: I'm paraphrasing from memory here, I can find some sources later if anyone cares, and yes this is considered a "theory", but has strong evidence supporting it.

• Like 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/cerberus-s-remington-will-cede-control-to-lenders-in-bankruptcy

Remington suffering now that Trump is in office. Bummer. All that fear of the liberal grab lead to sales inflation and it appears Remmington didn't account for those deltas.

Remington is owned by Cerberus Capital Mgmt, which have run the company into the ground. Quality has gone seriously into the toilet as the bean counters took over looking for short term gains. Cerberus is sort of known for doing this too, total craphole company.

• Like 5

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/cerberus-s-remington-will-cede-control-to-lenders-in-bankruptcy

Remington suffering now that Trump is in office. Bummer. All that fear of the liberal grab lead to sales inflation and it appears Remmington didn't account for those deltas.

Guess theyve been struggling since sandy hook.. their board breaking up

Not that they make deadly ass rifles and hand guns that last forever

Right on Remington d guy

Evolution thing makes sense , but why are the monkeys still there, swoll asses and all

God gave women bressessests

I'm pretty sure God gave us Beer to help us put up with women actually.

Short answer on the monkeys: because they are still fit to reproduce. 

Long answer: how far down that rabbit hole do you want to go? I've literally got a doctorate in developmental biology, I can go on for hours in excruciating detail  :rofl:

• Like 4

1. We walk upright.

Let me explain: in other primates it is common for the female buttocks to swell during estrus alerting males to their fertility. As humans evolved an upright posture the muscles of the buttocks became enlarged to support a bipedal stance resulting in this signal being lost. The best theories to date state this is why the buttock cleft and breast cleavage look very similar, similar evolutionary stimulus.

Furthermore, as humans have a hidden estrus the breasts enlarged to emulate a receptive female, which also had useful sociological implications in retaining males (which I won't go into). 

Most other primates have very small breasts. Interestingly, humans also have the largest penis of any primate. Humans are actually very weird primates in general and especially with regards to reproductive strategies.

So basically breasts are artificial signals that the female is receptive to fertilization. Which means humans have a VERY strong selective pressure to find them desirable.

Note: I'm paraphrasing from memory here, I can find some sources later if anyone cares, and yes this is considered a "theory", but has strong evidence supporting it.

Except that in many other societies breasts have little meaning to males. Nice try though. We are taught this in our society. Look at any commercial with a woman in it.

• Like 1

Except that in many other societies breasts have little meaning to males. Nice try though. We are taught this in our society. Look at any commercial with a woman in it.

This is a loaded sociological question. What I mean by that is what you hear about societies and men liking breasts will be heavily dependent on how the study was run and by who (I suspect you are referring to a '51 Ford and Beach study for the "many societies" statement"). Remember, as it is possible for a society to sexualize one characteristic (say ankles) it is also possible to de-sexualize a characteristic outside of context specific instances (i.e., any culture that has full nudity will by default have a context sensitive sexualization of the genitalia. So just by saying that the "set" which includes breasts does not fully overlap with their sexualization, does not exclude them from being a biologically driven sexual characteristic. 

There is a very heavy narrative that has been pushed to see breasts as non-sexual so you have to watch for the bias in a study that says this. Many theories fly around about that from an ethological and anthropological viewpoint. I would argue ignoring the basic biological functions and costs of an anatomic structure is foolish. Biology shapes behavior, although it is a 2-way street.

The plain fact of it is breasts are a secondary sexual characteristic, are unusually large in humans compared to other primates, and are energy intensive to maintain, indicating that they serve a biological purpose that is selected for. Males of many species pay attention to secondary sexual characteristics, fat deposits, and overall health and indicators of fertility.

For most women (~80% or so by sources and personal experience seems to be on par with this) stimulation of the nipples results in sexual pleasure, whether this is a co-opted breast-feeding-oxytocin reaction I think is still up for debate, but the nipples are definitely a strong erogenous zone and more so in women compared to men.

Either way I think saying "breasts have little meaning to males" given their biologically wired erogenous characteristics, and energy intensive requirements to maintain, is bullshit. They would be strongly selected against in that instance as they inhibit fitness (for a variety of reasons- I leave that as an exercise to the reader).

Plainly if they did not serve as a visual stimulus they would not be the largest of primates, as their size is totally independent of their function in feeding young. 

• Like 2

I studied and believed, just wondering about the model we apply..

Para is no slouch either

just look into it.. #bigfoot, #iceman

Some astronomers I'd like to talk to also

Lol, Paradime is my favorite one to online argue/debate this type of crap with.

1. We walk upright.

Well Dr. Guy, I'm not stupid enough to suggest Object Relation Theory is conclusive, but if you believe anthropomorphic comparative observations of primate sexual behavior constitutes "strong evidence supporting" this theory, seriously... what makes you think you're in a position to call my theory BS? At very least, psychology studies human behavior to test the validity of our hypotheses.

To me, your theory sounds like it's trying to uphold an outdated biological evolutionary model of human psychology based on assumptions of genetic determinism. You can rationalize bias, but when you consider the lack of universal human sexual preference across all sociocultural groups, this purely biological explanation you proposed falls apart. Desirable secondary sexual characteristics varies widely throughout the world. In fact, evolutionary psychology's hypotheses have zero testability, therefore it doesn't even meet minimum standards to be considered an empirical science. As a scientist you should know better than to use speculative hypotheses in an attempt to disprove or devalue alternate theoretical viewpoints.  

That being said, even I think Object Relations Theory is 50% mental autoeroticism, and 50% bovine scatology. And no, I don't care to see your sources. I have enough reading to do already.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-taxes-first-month-under-tax-cut-run-surplus

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

The federal government this January ran a surplus while collecting record total tax revenues for that month of the year, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.

January was the first month under the new tax law that President Donald Trump signed in December.

During January, the Treasury collected approximately $361,038,000,000 in total tax revenues and spent a total of approximately $311,802,000,000 to run a surplus of approximately $49,236,000,000.

not bad, cut some debt, good for the long run.

We could flip that to Remington suffering because the greatest gun salesman of all time isn't in office.BarryO.They had problems already.

• Like 1

Not trumps fault, Remington kind of went to shit quality wise a few years ago, remember the r51 fiasco? Not to mention that every model 700 since the 70's has a faulty trigger.

• Like 1