All we're doing is expressing our right to free speech. Most of the arguments on both sides have valid points to them save for a few outfield comments. If you don't like the conversation, you are free to not read the thread or have anything to do with it. Your choice.

Um, that's not strictly true. As long as the discussion is civil (and informative) it can continue. For now that is. A forum is not a democracy and does not guarantee free speech or a platform for dick heads. This is a Datsun forum that in it's constitution has a General Discussion sub forum where you can 'talk about anything'. In theory this is true but the founding father also appointed mods to regulate this and protect the people from inappropriate shit fests. Politics and religion discussions have always degenerated into chaos and are and always have been watched closely and locked down faster than others.

• Like 2
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, that's not strictly true. As long as the discussion is civil (and informative) it can continue. For now that is. A forum is not a democracy and does not guarantee free speech or a platform for dick heads. This is a Datsun forum that in it's constitution has a General Discussion sub forum where you can 'talk about anything'. In theory this is true but the founding father also appointed mods to regulate this and protect the people from inappropriate shit fests. Politics and religion discussions have always degenerated into chaos and are and always have been watched closely and locked down faster than others.

Yes, but the majority of the posters have been posting reasonable arguments on either side. And we are well within our 'rights' to do so. As a mod your within your rights to delete inflammatory posts or lock the thread. I do feel most of us have been behaving, (aside from my accidental vagoo pic). And hopefully won't result in the necessity of closing the thread.

I'm huge anti gun!  Seriously no reason at all to have one.  I always love asking the second amendment advocates what the third amendment is haha so funny when they have no idea!! :)  "I need a gun to protect myself" Seems as logical as "loud pipes save lives"  Maybe in their alternate reality but not when the numbers are crunched.  Wait someone tell me a story of someone close to you so I can re evaluate using just ONE data point...  That's like typing in a question into google and reading the Onion, "Well opinion formed" done and done.  It's what keeps the right someone around.....  Lets divide the people over meanness arguments so we can still get voted in.  Then while the general public watches sports the right passes laws like the Patriot Act.....  

End of rant back into the garage I go.  

Um yeah, the liberal media and everyone else should just keep their opinions to themselves.

Maybe the book is a bad idea, but now its just being used as another push for gun control by making the well armed society look crazy.

#tiredofthisshit.

I'm huge anti gun!  Seriously no reason at all to have one.  I always love asking the second amendment advocates what the third amendment is haha so funny when they have no idea!! :)  "I need a gun to protect myself" Seems as logical as "loud pipes save lives"  Maybe in their alternate reality but not when the numbers are crunched.  Wait someone tell me a story of someone close to you so I can re evaluate using just ONE data point...  That's like typing in a question into google and reading the Onion, "Well opinion formed" done and done.  It's what keeps the right someone around.....  Lets divide the people over meanness arguments so we can still get voted in.  Then while the general public watches sports the right passes laws like the Patriot Act.....  

End of rant back into the garage I go.  

Your anti guns and anti patriot act.

Wow, you must be a genius, what school did you go to? I must send my kids there.

It's a great way to observe the American gun society.  That children's book on open carry makes all gun ownership look retarted suspect. foolish.  As an anti gun statement it's a superb piece of propaganda..

Um yeah, the liberal media and everyone else should just keep their opinions to themselves.

Maybe the book is a bad idea, but now its just being used as another push for gun control by making the well armed society look crazy.

#tiredofthisshit.

Eh, we need this back and forth. Without that, nothing will ever move forward. Its good to have both points of view. Even if you disagree with one, you will have a better understanding, and will let you debate with better facts as well.

• Like 1

I own a shit load of guns and thats my right and thats it,I dont push it on any one or drive or walk around and flash them end of story. These discussions go the same way every time, It started with a book and now its us versus them AGAIN,.

LOCK THE THREAD ALREADY.

1. If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
2. If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
3. If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
4. If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks
about how to better his situation.
If a Democrat is down-and-out he wonders
who is going to take care of him.
5. If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host or reporter, he switches channels.
A Democrat demands that those they don't like be shut down.
6. If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
7. If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
If a Democrat decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.
8. If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".
  • Like 1

Why ?

Two reasons.

1. Its now gone to roughly 230+ responses to a simple, albeit moderately weird news article link I posted, and

2. I find it really interesting to read the responses from various people on this issue.

Im off now to clean the very few guns I own which we can lawfully have hear in upside down land.

• Like 2

I'm anti patriot act. That pile of legislative shit has suspended our constitutional rights indefinitely. It protects no one but the elite or our oligarch corporations.

. Label anyone a terrorist and we can detain you without habiouscorpus. Thats brilliant. We can now be unfettered when making people disappear.

I'm pro gun but I agree with Jeff that the patriot act is garbage.

But because of this type of legislation I would much rather hang on to my tools thank you. It's a fine example of why dissolving the 1st and 2nd amendments is stupid.

If a righty or a lefty has no fear of its people then they wouldn't be as sneaky like with the patriot act. It would be much mold bold faced like the retard fuck head holding the executive office now or the fine shit head examples of John sucks Boners and the Harry Reid's, Nancy pill pippin pelosi. The list goes on.

Jeff has an opinion like anyone else. I can assure you he isn't uneducated or firm in his opinion without studied information.

when the last politician has been strung up by his nards using piano wire and rusty eagle claw perch hooks the world will be a better place. some sumbitchin' politico type at this very second is molesting a kid and worried to death that you are gettin' way too much fun out of a .22 rifle or a car w/o a catalytic convertor.

I own a shit load of guns and thats my right and thats it,I dont push it on any one or drive or walk around and flash them end of story. These discussions go the same way every time, It started with a book and now its us versus them AGAIN,.

LOCK THE THREAD ALREADY.

1. If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
2. If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

3. If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

4. If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks

about how to better his situation.

If a Democrat is down-and-out he wonders

who is going to take care of him.

5. If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host or reporter, he switches channels.

A Democrat demands that those they don't like be shut down.

6. If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

7. If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

If a Democrat decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

8. If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.

A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

So I guess this make you a Democrat.

• Like 1

I'm huge anti gun!  Seriously no reason at all to have one.  I always love asking the second amendment advocates what the third amendment is haha so funny when they have no idea!! :)  "I need a gun to protect myself" Seems as logical as "loud pipes save lives"  .....

Guns are the reason you can post drivel like this.THe third amendment has nothing to do with ANYTHING discussed by either side in this topic. And loud pipes DO save lives.

They have free speech in many other countries with severe gun control.

How are statistics gathered to show lives are saved by loud pipes? A life saved or death/accident avoided or a near miss isn't reported. So is it inferred because quiet motorcycles are in more accidents? Or is it just 'loud is a warning to other drivers that a motorcycle is coming' , thus.... 'so they are  aware of them', thus.... 'less accidents that are fatal'

Simple logic.Loud(er) pipes make cage drivers aware of the presence of bike(s). Un-less the driver has homicidal intentions, logic dictates that since the driver is now aware of the bike,the chances of an accident are either eliminated or greatly reduced. Note: I am not a fan of drag pipes as they actually defeat their purpose on the street.

Back to our topic:

http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-attacker-asked-man-had-gun-punching-202027404.html

Any more questions?

• Like 1

This whole thing has just turned to shit.This is a great website for a datsun guy but this political stuff just doesnt belong here.This whole thread is a reminder to me to stay away from topics like this in the future.

This whole thing has just turned to shit.This is a great website for a datsun guy but this political stuff just doesnt belong here.This whole thread is a reminder to me to stay away from topics like this in the future.

But yet you keep posting & posting & posting. Funny how you say this AFTER you come up on the short end of the discussion. And,actually this stuff DOES belong here. Because there is more to life than Datsuns and we won't even have them if things continue the way they are.
  • Like 1

The problem with discussions like this is people start spewing their opinion like its a statistical scientific fact. I try to leave my opinion out of it and discuss facts......but that never really work because people don't want facts, you cant argue with facts so then anger ensues, just never works

No Liberal it does not. Lets talk about coil overs now.

So you're a republican but with closet democrat thread locking leanings then?

Coil overs? 521s don't have struts to put them on. You could instal coil over shocks though, but the 521 already has a suspension with torsion bars and leaf springs. Remove the leaf springs and there is nothing to hold the rear end in place. You would have to radically change the truck suspension to something like 4 link. An excessive modification just to improve the ride.

If I voted ever again it wouldn't be Liberal.   

• Like 1