Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a heads up,  they had the " pavement profiler" out again last night.   One side of 99e on the end of town nearest to Aurora is all torn up,& under construction,  I don't know why they always do this the same time as the Canby show,   maybe they think, " Hey, there's going to be something like 100- 200 lowered Datsuns coming into town, lets welcome them by tearing up the main road through town!"

I'm good I think :)

• Like 1

Did my all my brake and fluid checks last week, greased all the zerks and replaced a stripped/bad grease fitting on the driveshaft, had to upsize from 6mm to 1/4 28. Total pain in the ass. Still need to test drive it.

Also cleaned and Rain-X treated the windows.

Pulled the front grill and repainted the emblem, also tightened a bunch of misc. bolts. Cleaned the dead bugs and other crap off the grill. Also swapped on a painted black spare grill I had, but didn't like the look so off it went.

708B61B2-199E-462F-8ECD-B01BA8F22C20_zps

79d4ee82-d70b-4d64-ba0a-07783c879b69_zps

Pulled the child seats out and cleaned up. Started packing the car. Still trying to decide if I might bring a couple small things I made to sell/trade.

I'm going to Costco to pick up some drinks and food tomorrow after work. Will also do the final tire pressure checks and fill it with gas. Leaving early Friday morning.

Really still need to wash the car at some point.

• Like 3

You know what's funny?  I haven't checked my tire pressure in the racecar for three months.  And I think the last time I checked my goon tires was the trip to California.  I'll probably check them before I go, particularly if I have the back loaded up with tools.

Just talked to Pumpkin.  The birdshit goon will be even MORE epic this year!!  :D

By the way, does anyone have a projector where we could bring classic movies like that one year?  Smokey and the Bandit?  Road Warrior?  That would be awesome.

• Like 2

Well it's super close but I think I'm making it to Canby with the gf this year, me and a buddy just got done putting the intake/exhaust gasket on the 810 about an hour ago and after getting it running I smell something burning and it idles ok but revs like shit. My buddy is gonna grab some TPS tomorrow and see which of them works the best. Still got tires to get tomorrow morning then I should be good to go Friday morning.

Also gotta finish the Pizzazzy 620 when I get back from canby and drive it out to SoCal was gonna surprise everyone with a new ride I was suppose to get as a trade for the 620 but shit got delayed.

A lot of people that I thought were coming aren't going but on the bright side I met a few Datsuns peeps here one of them has a SR20 powered 620 he said he's coming to canby so more the better!

• Like 1

You know what's funny? I haven't checked my tire pressure in the racecar for three months. And I think the last time I checked my goon tires was the trip to California. I'll probably check them before I go, particularly if I have the back loaded up with tools.

Check tire pressure? I just looked at them, they checked the tire pressure when they mounted the tires...

• Like 3

Well it's super close but I think I'm making it to Canby with the gf this year, me and a buddy just got done putting the intake/exhaust gasket on the 810 about an hour ago and after getting it running I smell something burning and it idles ok but revs like shit. My buddy is gonna grab some TPS tomorrow and see which of them works the best. Still got tires to get tomorrow morning then I should be good to go Friday morning.

Also gotta finish the Pizzazzy 620 when I get back from canby and drive it out to SoCal was gonna surprise everyone with a new ride I was suppose to get as a trade for the 620 but shit got delayed.

A lot of people that I thought were coming aren't going but on the bright side I met a few Datsuns peeps here one of them has a SR20 powered 620 he said he's coming to canby so more the better!

If it's idling okay but revving like crap, check all your injectors.  Don't know about the smell though, that's odd.  If the L24 misses on one cylinder you might not notice it at idle.  Pull off the connectors one by one to check and see if one injector has dropped out. And check connector end.  Also check for fucking up the intake/exhaust gasket, which I hope you haven't 'cause those suck to pull.