Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never met Mohammed or seen his 610, but looking at this pic of his car with the front end exploded I know Matt is involved. :lol: You guys at Canby keep a close watch on your cars. Matt said he is bringing his tools. He might give you a strut swap whether you need one or not!

Wish I was there. Waiting for Canby pics.

Len

Here's what WE'RE doing!!  Emergency suspension/brake/strut operation won't stop us from getting to Canby!!

mohammed1_zpsmfhivlow.jpg

mohammed2_zpsj6a50e3x.jpg

Here's what's going on.  I sold Mohammed the 280zx struts a while back.  His current 610 struts are crappy as all get out and the brakes are spotty.  So we went for putting on the 280 stuff today.  Except we're using the 610 springs.  Except the 610 springs aren't the same as the 280zx springs and the 280zx spring plates won't fit inside the 610 strut channel.

So I had rear plates off the rear 89 Maxima in the wrecking yard I got the struts from when I was working on the race car.  We're cutting a 2" hole out of those and welding them onto the existing 280zx plates so we can use the 610 spring which will fit and thus we well have a big brake upgrade and functional suspension so Mohammed can make it to Canby!!

Woot woot!

• Like 1