Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you all working on your Datsuns?!  I just wired the new (old) 1985 Cyclops third brake light I bought off ebay into the wagon.  It had one but the plate came loose and melted the bulb and reflector.  Amazingly found someone selling the exact light from 1985 while cleaning out someone's old crap.  Bought it for like $15 on ebay!  And now I have third brake light, which is actually quite practical in the wagon since it sits so low.  Little extra caution for morons behind me.

Fixed the forward windshield squirter motor too.  And the front bumper apron.  Put new NGK spark plug wires on.  AC is running cold!  Next is attempting to fit new speakers for the trip.  Need better sound.

• Like 2

What front struts do you need?  Application?

I just fixed my rear gate remote unlock!  Simpler than I thought, adjusted some plates and bent a linkage.  Now attempting to make a factory looking hatch release from the inside on the back gate.  Seems silly they wouldn't have had a release of some sort.  The driver's side has the fuel door and hatch unlock, but if you're sleeping in the back and the gate is locked or unlocked, you still don't have any way to open it from the inside short of crawling over the back seat through the side door.

Lol.  I'd like it to be actually functional.  Then again, the dog cage would keep the strippers from getting out! :D

But seriously, I was searching around for something cool to make a handle out of, and it hit me!  A 10mm wrench!  Functional, strong, and I have a ton!  So I grabbed an old Craftsmen 10mm and hacked it off.  Heated it up with the torch and twisted it to make a slick little handle!  Just have to cut a slot in the rear panel cardboard, then a small incision in the carpet and it should stick out just barely and look like it's supposed to be there!  It also has to move forwards and back depending on if the lever is on lock or unlock.  Should work nicely.

• Like 1

I retorqued the head bolts, changed oil, new valve cover gasket, and new u joints. It needs more but I'm broke and I know it'll make it to Canby, so now on with the cleaning/detailing!

• Like 4

I retorqued the head bolts, changed oil, new valve cover gasket, and new u joints. It needs more but I'm broke and I know it'll make it to Canby, so now on with the cleaning/detailing!

Sweet!

• Like 1

Viola!

I found it works better to open in the unlock position as it moves the rear of the mechanism forward.  With it backwards and out, it's less of an angle working downward and kind of binds up the slide a little.  Push it forward and down, it unlocks just fine.  Still have to put a little oomph on it, but it's functional and slick, if I do say so myself!

• Like 3

... not looking too good for our hero.

20150609_145754_zps60424a42.jpg

What directly the fuck is this shit? We're down to double digit hours to Canby and this??? Just how long has it been like this??? Don't baristas make tips. 

• Like 5

Here's what WE'RE doing!!  Emergency suspension/brake/strut operation won't stop us from getting to Canby!!

mohammed1_zpsmfhivlow.jpg

mohammed2_zpsj6a50e3x.jpg

Here's what's going on.  I sold Mohammed the 280zx struts a while back.  His current 610 struts are crappy as all get out and the brakes are spotty.  So we went for putting on the 280 stuff today.  Except we're using the 610 springs.  Except the 610 springs aren't the same as the 280zx springs and the 280zx spring plates won't fit inside the 610 strut channel.

So I had rear plates off the rear 89 Maxima in the wrecking yard I got the struts from when I was working on the race car.  We're cutting a 2" hole out of those and welding them onto the existing 280zx plates so we can use the 610 spring which will fit and thus we well have a big brake upgrade and functional suspension so Mohammed can make it to Canby!!

Woot woot!

• Like 5

if you live in oregon there should be no excuse for not making it to canby 

hitch a ride 

borrow a car 

rent a scooter 

start walking  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

but make it to canby 

• Like 2