is this worth 500.00?

raser05

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most the issues I see are around the fender well flairs, I don't really see any issues in the photos around the wing or filled in box rails, and there is $500.00 worth of work right there, this is a relic of the past, it was featured in at least one magazine I believe, Steroid would know that if anyone does, and someone that likes 620s should save this, it would not take a lot to get it back on the road either.

• Like 1

To reiterate what some others have said;

1) You must assess the fab work to see how the fiberglass work looks.

2) Now you must assess your ability to repair the work that is already there. If you can't fix it if it breaks than NO-GO.

3) If (1) and (2) are good and you really like this truck, go for it!

Also the points about this truck being a relic would make this hard to pass up. With all this said, I wouldn't drive it unless it was racing.

I want to see the interior!

Haven't you seen a shag carpet dash, headliner and door panels before? Bowling ball shift knob? Captain's chair seats with cup holders?

Most the issues I see are around the fender well flairs, I don't really see any issues in the photos around the wing or filled in box rails, and there is $500.00 worth of work right there, this is a relic of the past, it was featured in at least one magazine I believe, Steroid would know that if anyone does, and someone that likes 620s should save this, it would not take a lot to get it back on the road either.

Someone who likes mini trucks maybe. Someone who likes 620s would be appalled at how it's been treated.  It's a 620 on the registration only.

Pretty cool you trust a bunch of knuckleheads to help you spend your $$ .

Seriously thou, as with most choices it comes down to the pros and cons .

If it does have magazine heritable as wanyo says thats a + , even with bondo its worth close to 5 in Parts, hell Adam has a set of those chrome taillight housings for a buck and change. Looks like a good hood ,glass, visor ,bumper,grill....

Some of the cons are clearly no drivetrain , condition of the f-glass, the amount of rust is huge , length of time is been mothballed, if its been Sittin as long as some think it will need a lot of work in all areas and if you can't do a lot of that work yourself it gonna get spendy to put it back on the road.

Other factors that could tilt the scale , what's the inside like ? Is the dash perfect and uncut ? How's the rest of the interior?

I paid 500 for my truck w/ a v-8 and a hooker kit made in the late 70's early 80's . But it sat for 20 years ,and 5 of that for sale for before I saved it , that's right I saved it ( it would of ended up in the scrap yard) from the crusher. And I would do it again . Hope that helps ya ,

• Like 1

It use to be mine I sold it to him a few years back. I know you have seen the cracking out of the fender flares etc.. interior was cool, power windows, all after market gauges, etc. If you like the old school style I would make him an offer, but you have to put a whole drive line into it.. an FYI.. I sold it to him for $1000..running and driving good..

WOW!

I hate it. Especially the... Almost everything.

I'd pay $500

Check out Steroid and his vintage stylings, if you lose the wing, find a proper canopy/topper/shell, get some slots with big meaty tires, and do a square headlight conversion it could be a cool throwback truck.

• Like 1