The Twins U320's

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the datto is strong with this one....let's try to keep this thread from turning into shenanigans

For that, half the posters would have to quit. Maybe keep all that here... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/61060-aussie-girl-looking-for-help-from-the-big-boys/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1063343

Yeh keeping stock engine in the static one, it still runs.. but wanting to give it a rebuild to get her running strong. I can fix her myself as I am a mechanic by trade the hardest thing will be finding the parts. Does anyone know where I can find a VRS kit (rebuild kit) for her haha or am I pushing my luck

My girl wants one of these real bad ever since seeing Wayno's at Canby...........

...........now a girl has one and is building it...........and a bunch of her family is in Australia.............

....she'll love this!! :thumbup: 

Welcome to Ratsun!!

• Like 1

Yeh keeping stock engine in the static one, it still runs.. but wanting to give it a rebuild to get her running strong. I can fix her myself as I am a mechanic by trade the hardest thing will be finding the parts. Does anyone know where I can find a VRS kit (rebuild kit) for her haha or am I pushing my luck

If it's the A or J series motor, a forklift parts company is your best friend.  They used a lot of those motors in forklifts.

• Like 1

I am amazed 3 pages and not one compliment on the quality of the first post!  First a well written intro and then followed by beautiful pictures.  WOW Great first post and Welcome to Ratsun!

What ever you do with both of these 320's will help to preserve them.  Great score!

angles can be deceiving ... :yawn:  

edit: sorry welcome to durty old man forum (ratsun)  

spoken like , totlally not a durrty old man ... ma'am i will make one request ... what ever u do lower the fuck out of them ...

how did the whole in a pickle thing get left alone ... is this polite ratsun all of the sudden ... lisa your beautiful, your rigs are stunning and we are gonna help the fuck out of u till those things are running like tits on a boar...

• Like 1

Valve regrind set? Head gasket, valve cover gasket, manifold gasket, valve seals...

I think someone suggested a fork lift truck dealer. Contact a large engine re-builder and ask them. A Nissan dealer probably won't have anything that old but often they can contact other dealers and ask them to check their inventory for obsolete stock in their storage? If nothing else pick their brains for what ever else those motors were used for. Maybe they can name the lift truck maker.... might even be Nissan. Surely Japan will have something  See it there are any NL320 clubs or collectors on line and ask what they do for parts. I know some MG parts fit the A series motors maybe there is another cross over part for the J series?

These motors are somewhat designed on the British Austin motors of the 50s.

• Like 1

Yeh I seen a few links recommended on ebay.. but for now I am spending more time on the blue 64.. my outcome for her is airbagged, body chopped, (she was fully shaved when I first got her out of the paddock) taking a few inches off her length. And building my own rear clip.. I have to say I bought myself a new miller plasma cutter, by far the best cutting tool out, so clean n tidy, love it.. I know alot of people are against cutting up such an old car but thats why I bought two of them :)

• Like 2

I will keep an eye out on ebay and a few datsun forums for parts etc but For now I am spending more time on the blue 64.. my outcome for her is airbagged, body chopped, (she was fully shaved when I first got her out of the paddock) taking a few inches off her length. And building my own rear clip.. but you knonwhen you plan something they dont always turn out the way you want it. I have to say though I bought myself a new miller plasma cutter, by far the best cutting tool out, so clean n tidy, love it.the other night I wad down in the shed making up a few nitch plates I was using the grinder, plasma cutter, and mig welder, I thought great another night without hurtin myself, as I opened the packet to get my new tape measure out, I bloody sliced myself. The one tool that aint dangerous haha.I know alot of people are against cutting up such an old car but thats why I bought two of them