The Twins U320's

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are giving me credit when it is not due, I have never rebuilt an E1 or any J block, I actually know very little about them other than some things on them interchange.

I have never bought or even looked into any rebuild kits or gaskets for them, as all the 320s I have had good engines in them before I bought them.

I do know most the issues of converting to an A series engine in the 320.

hmmmm  I learn something new everyday 

received_m_mid_1394347391700_eb1e33d8dbb

and when it comes to the tub, u guys can put ur opinion in, but see how the bottom of the tub is higher then the cab.. I was going to put an extension on the front of the tyre arch and the back then make that lower body line wrap all the way tound the back so then it sits at the same height as the bottom of the cab, I will upload pics as I m goin but thats my thoughts so both cab and tub sit flat on the ground when it is aired out... any other ideas will be muchly appreciated.

photo-74.jpg

Like this.

• Like 2

I am a heavy machinery operator..

So let me get this straight. Your a heavy equipment operator, You work on your own Datsuns, You cut metal, weld metal. make tons of money.

AND YOUR FREAKIN HOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 3

So let me get this straight. Your a heavy equipment operator, You work on your own Datsuns, You cut metal, weld metal. make tons of money.

AND YOUR FREAKIN HOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing. Whoever snags you up will become lucky hombre.

love me a woman that can cook.....

an I wish I could weld, I don't have the motor skills...awkward uncordinated white guy...

can't wait to see some progress on these things....and my gf want a 320 too, must be a female thing.....no offence

Well atm the truck is put on a stand still, you know what us women r like, very indecisional. I went from cutting out notch playes, now choosing to go independent rear, the rear assembly is goin to b out of an 180sx. So will be doing a road trip down to the gold coast to snag one up. Sorry bout no more pics but they will come

How do I put my build thread also in the 320 section

Just go to the 320 section and start a thread, but if your asking if you post in one, can it be automatically added to the other, I don't think it works that way.

If you want a build in both sections, put the stocker in one section, and the slammed one in the other, it's your call what goes where, you can leave them both right where they are at also, in "project datto" under the twins thread.

Welcome to Ratsun Lisa. Glad to see a fellow car enthusiast enjoying her time off work. 

I dig the pics of the 320 without the hook rails. Makes a huge difference. Also, the comparison with the 521, looks to me like they just tucked it closer to the bed sides so it didn't stick out near as far as the years went on.

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

Lisa, what types of machinery do you operate, I operated logging equipment, and then cranes up to 500K capacity, portal cranes , mobile all terrain and over the road cranes, warehouse cranes, track mounted cranes and tower cranes, floating cranes, steam powered pile drivers,  hydraulic ,diesel electric and all electric cranes, retired now but still miss some of the work I used to do