The Twins U320's

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont mess around bought a plasma cutter too 

I got one about 6 months ago and dont use it as much as I thought I would but still love it 

its a small miller dont remember the model 

check with wayno on rebuild kits he might know where to get them 

Anyways, I found another tub in Canberra, which is a score. And with my bagged datsun I m gettin a independent rear out of an one eighty sx.. for the rear clip set up. So will be heaps of chopping and fab work to come.

Where in Canberra?

Just so happens I know a chap who lives there :angel:

those are 2 fine looking trucks. i Like your enthusiasm. keep it up. oh, and if you haven't figured it out, we're total pic whores. at least i am. so keep the pics flowing.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 4

That is a tough one which is that far away I havnt really thought about it.. the engine bays r so tiny in them, I have a few options, find another original engine, clean her up real nice, or a rotory or turbo sr20 I was thinking

the rotory sounds perfect for the truck 

small yet powerful 

• Like 1

received_m_mid_1394347391700_eb1e33d8dbb

and when it comes to the tub, u guys can put ur opinion in, but see how the bottom of the tub is higher then the cab.. I was going to put an extension on the front of the tyre arch and the back then make that lower body line wrap all the way tound the back so then it sits at the same height as the bottom of the cab, I will upload pics as I m goin but thats my thoughts so both cab and tub sit flat on the ground when it is aired out... any other ideas will be muchly appreciated.

• Like 2

And when it comes to the rotary, I have never really worked on rotaries through my apprenticeship, so again it will be a good learning curve for me, and I am someone who would rather do all the work myself then to pay someone to do it as then if something goes wrong with my truck I know what it is and I will know how to fix it, plus when I take the bagged one to shows when people ask about different things, such as the rear set up or the fabricating I will be able to talk to them about in detail not say umm I dont know hey..

• Like 3

You guys are giving me credit when it is not due, I have never rebuilt an E1 or any J block, I actually know very little about them other than some things on them interchange.

I have never bought or even looked into any rebuild kits or gaskets for them, as all the 320s I have had good engines in them before I bought them.

I do know most the issues of converting to an A series engine in the 320.

^^ i always thought the same about these. It's like they had 2 design teams. one for the cab and one for the bed(tub is it?)and they ran out of time and just went wth what they had. lol.

don't get me wrong, i've always had a thing for these. but not too common round these parts.

Just imagine that the box is separate, this is what the lines should look like.

DSCN0518.JPG

DSCN0519.JPG

DSCN0527.JPG

The boxes on the 320 trucks were basically an afterthought, at least that is what they look like.

The hooks on the boxes look goofy, it looks way better without them in my opinion.

Here are a couple things I did to a 320 photo, someone else shortened the box on the first photo.

denis11-2.jpg

denis11.jpg

• Like 3

I like how the bed top follows the cab lines, I also liked how your 1200 ute was de-hooked, and the seam removed, it was more refined.

Imagine that 320 beds don't line up

15093.jpg

The hard part is the tailgate when the top rail is removed, not sure what can be done with the 320 tailgate, is there a photo of the back of this truck?

• Like 1

I like how the bed top follows the cab lines, I also liked how your 1200 ute was de-hooked, and the seam removed, it was more refined.

The hard part is the tailgate when the top rail is removed, not sure what can be done with the 320 tailgate, is there a photo of the back of this truck?

maybe a NL320 tailgate was used??? I am kinda curious as to what they did to get the bed top to match, did they take some junked 320 front fenders trim the top off then meld it to the top of the box??

If you have other pictures of your bed modification, I would really like them. it looks like what I will do with one of my 320s.

I actually like the top lip of the tub n the little hooks but my problem is when I shorten the tub I need to keep the distance even between the hooks so I was goin to try and attempt to cut 3 sections out of the tub one out of the front one out of the back and even where the tyre arch is, because it's very square compared to the body.. what's ur thoughts