Show me your Tool............

Grabbed one of these this week.  Stupid LED already quit working, though...I'd rather it didn't have one than have one and die!

61mJLUeJ6VL._SL1404_.jpg

Mine has a switch that controls the LED.  I forget right now how it works, unless I had it in front of me doubtful I could explain it correctly anyway.  Found that out by accident when the led wouldn't shut off lol.

• Like 1
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine has a switch that controls the LED.  I forget right now how it works, unless I had it in front of me doubtful I could explain it correctly anyway.  Found that out by accident when the led wouldn't shut off lol.

Yeah, there is a switch above the speed control...it doesn't work anymore.
  • Like 1

Had a swollen stuck glow plug on my 6.9 International Harvester diesel. Never buy Autolites! Didn't want to pull the head and did a night of thinking with whiskey.

Resulted in making this tool today

Worked like a charm! Three wacks!

I can think of other uses for this tool now that I have it.

image_zpsd0egfwzj.jpg

image_zpsm9ezngyg.jpg

image_zps7tatmkj0.jpg

image_zpsbqdilss4.jpg

• Like 6

So I got one of those small jump start batteries about a year ago.

CA545555-218F-4DE7-A07E-E70410C5E8C4_zps

I had always used the big heavy ones so I thought it would be a good idea to actually read the directions before throwing them away. I remember the warning about disconnecting the jump battery quickly after the car starts so it doesn't get damaged. No problem. It worked awesome for me until I let someone borrow it. I know, I know bad idea. Well I thought you guys could benefit from my mistake and see what happens to these little buggers when a lot porter gets ahold of it.

2E10AAD5-080E-41BE-89C6-2EAD483700DC_zps

Ouch!

136CBB50-43B5-4BC2-A21C-F302689DB379_zps

Fried the battery too. It will not charge over 8.5V now.

Live and learn I guess

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had always used the big heavy ones so I thought it would be a good idea to actually read the directions before throwing them away. I remember the warning about disconnecting the jump battery quickly after the car starts so it doesn't get damaged. No problem. It worked awesome for me until I let someone borrow it. I know, I know bad idea. Well I thought you guys could benefit from my mistake and see what happens to these little buggers when a lot porter gets ahold of it.

Highlighted the problem.

0F5ACE9C-64E7-46B3-A0D2-20042D26ABAE.png

My next set. Expensive as hell, but they are the best cordless tools for trade workers ever. Festool is killer, but not for trade work. Milwaukee is very good as well. I need this cause I dropped my old Panasonic off my roof and it died. Tragically, I dropped my dewalt XLP from walking height and broke it, the very next day. The only two drills I've had actually crack, happened in less than24 hours.

• Like 1

5 year warranty on my tools. 3 years for the batteries. Not outrageously priced either. 

Had my first 12V 3/8" Milwaukee impact for 6 years before I upgraded to the 12V FUEL stuff. 

I gave my old one to a green tech in my shop 2 years ago. It's still bustin' nuts like it was new. 

• Like 1

Checked out Sears for its tool sales the other day. Got some great deals and seen this!

image_zpsmo55yepe.jpg

Besides the previously posted Stanley, I've never seen another locking adjustable wrench, have you? Maybe those afraid of the lesser quality of the Wal-Mart Stanley might jump on this one. This Craftsman tool felt great in my hand.

• Like 2