Show me your Tool............

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the third one was reversed so you could use it with your left hand.

I worked with a guy once who had a left handed Crescent Wrench.  The adjustment screw had left hand threads.  Don't ask me why.  I called bullshit and had to go get another wrench to compare side by side.

• 3 weeks later...

I built myself a rotisserie last month. This is probably the best thing I have ever made and I wish I'd done years ago. Being able to stand up to work on the floorpan or on awkward places like under the rear parcel shelf is fantastic. I made it height adjustable on hydraulics so you can just bolt the car up to it and lift it straight from the ground or stands and the roll centre adjustment works which ever way up the car is. It was quite a bit of time to figure out the design and make it but well worth it.

rota710.jpg

• Like 5

I have a ruler like that. I use it to line up stick-on body mouldings. No other real use for it in my life. 

That's an awesome price for what it is...but do you NEED it?

welp, since I'd already told the guy I'd come look at it and didn't want to be a flake, I went and bought it.  Pretty nice shape, and may just flip it on eb*y...

welp, since I'd already told the guy I'd come look at it and didn't want to be a flake, I went and bought it.  Pretty nice shape, and may just flip it on eb*y...

I'm very glad I have mine. It actually gets borrowed a lot. I would never think of selling it since I have it already. 

I built myself a rotisserie last month. This is probably the best thing I have ever made and I wish I'd done years ago. Being able to stand up to work on the floorpan or on awkward places like under the rear parcel shelf is fantastic. I made it height adjustable on hydraulics so you can just bolt the car up to it and lift it straight from the ground or stands and the roll centre adjustment works which ever way up the car is. It was quite a bit of time to figure out the design and make it but well worth it.

rota710.jpg

You don't worry about sagging or anything like that?

You don't worry about sagging or anything like that?

Not with a bare shell. Monocoque bodies are designed to take much, much greater loads. Not sure I'd want to put a fully assembled car on it but that more because of the potential for overloading the mounting points rather than distortion of the body.

• Like 1