Show me your Tool............

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SNLUH2F3AC.jpg

I got one of these about a year ago for work and absolutely love it. Underhood light with elastic strap, 2250 lumens, and can run off 110 wall plug (with switch) or 12V battery. Always ran it off the battery sitting under the hood and have never killed one. Pricey at $230, but it beats holding the light in my mouth. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a customized Farrier's or Blacksmith's vice.

2a14e5308421a7ac1e2a16f9ef42168c.jpg

20160319_211215.jpg

a few years ago I went to the estate sale of an elderly gentleman who had come from a long line of farriers and purchased the hammer on the right assuming it had been used to shoe horses. a guy at a car show had several of them for sale once and informed me that it was "a foot for a steam powered kicking hammer" (think large, rotating metal ball with these things studded all over, used apparently to break up rocks).

the other hammer is from my former employer. our general shop made up one for each of us mixer drivers to use to tap the dried concrete off your drums and chutes. they sucked and we were accountable for them until a dude had a wreck with one in his cab and it was determined to have him caused him bodily injury then it became, "Get them fuckers outta yer cabs!!!". Can I keep it? "Why would you want to!?!". I dunno....

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I built a sheet metal brake today. Brakes a maximum of about 42".

I built it to attach to my welding cart/table (I built that too). The handles bolt in to pockets I welded on. Makes the bender more compact for storage.

20160602_210656_zps0mm5km0i.jpg

20160602_210708_zps1ylay4w3.jpg

Seems to work. The big clamps were temporary, while I was testing it. It attaches firmly to the table now.

20160602_184810_zpszjp5j8ao.jpg

I added these "tool holders" to my welding cart. There is one on the front and one on the rear of the table. My vice will get bolted to a plate with a shaft out the bottom to slide in to this and pin in place as well as other tools. Essentially like a hitch and receiver.

20160602_211040_zpsy9omm9vb.jpg

The thing on top is the metal brake adapter. It slides in to the tool holder and pins in place. It has a bolt point in the top. The brake then bolts in to those and is securely attached to the table.

20160602_211058_zpsig9vn7jh.jpg

It's not perfect, but it's pretty great considering it's built out of random metal I had on hand. All I spent money on so far are the hinges. I do need to buy some pins for the tool holder though.

They look pretty good. Broke smooth.

20160602_175514_zpsyk6jojz4.jpg

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...