• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything I need to look out for when buying a 240z as a daily? I'm only driving a few thousand miles a month

This time I'm actually serious about buying a datsun

*Fuse-box - clean it out or replace it. They melt.

*Headlight switch - stop working , solder melts , wiring plug starts to get hot/burnt/melt --- Buy headlight relay harness upgrade to regulate voltage.

*Diff mount may be ripped ... not that big of a deal , but yet it is.

*U-joints on the half-shafts , and driveline go out. It's not a big deal at all if you do that kind of work obviously.

*Clutch Slave cylinder , and master cylinder... just replace them both if you have the money or at LEAST the slave cylinder. 71- and earlier have a 3-piece trans case.

*Windshield leaks - Not big a deal right ? Well... becomes a pain in the ass.

*Windshield wipers - From factory are "slow" it's an old car as well. Upgrades can be done for a newer faster engine.

*Head gaskets - They are just part of the normal maintenance routine now with age. Electrolysis isn't our friend nor is a car sitting and rotting.

*Intake Manifold gaskets - same as head gaskets. Front and rear studs my break/fight you. It's VERY common in the L6's.

*Brakes - Make sure they hold pressure. Keep a bottle of break fluid with until verified good at home.

*Carbs - If it hasn't been driven much or just sitting ... can build up shit or varnish over inside ... can be a slight pain , or be just fine .. roll of the dice.

*Floor pans , frame rails , underneath battery tray , rear rocker/dogleg lips .... rust areas that are common.

*Ignition Switchs - The electrical consumable part goes bad hear or there. Just replace it without question or have a spare on hand.

*SU round top carbs - May or may not have leaking throttle shafts .... domes maybe sticking .... float adjustment .... needle individual conditon (bent/worn) ... blah blah blah

Z-therapy in Salem,OR will hook you up for around $750 with throttle shafts machined for their roller bearings , cleaned carbs , replaced parts , and rebuilt.

*Distributor - Break plate may or may not be stuck/frozen. It's pretty common. Worn bushings as well. Points and condensors have to be adjusted more often just depends on things. Points/Condensors go out (common sense)

*Blown struts inserts = very common.

*Sagging suspension springs = very common.

*Crapped up brake calipers or wheel cylinders = common enough.

*Differential whine ... common ... don't use poly bushings in the mustache bar if you can't stand "cabin gear whine" .... makes it sound like you have more problems than you do without a lot of insulation in the car .....had some with pinion bearings go out , but most usually are "fine" if you just drive em

*Gas tanks sometimes need the re-conditioning more than others... some will push a steady stream of light rust inwards.

*Mechanical fuel pumps usually are rotten or failed. That's pretty obvious though.

*Relays at the kick panel ... sometimes give trouble ... work with it or replace it kinda deal.

*Ignition tumblers get worn .... just the way it is. (careful.... the thin keys get bent ... don't leave weighted key rings in the ignition while driving)

Pretty much an old car. Fun little cars. Still old though.

I can't type much more have to go.

Good luck

wait for it wait for it.....

If i had a dollar store ,,that is exactly the security guy(?) i would frickin hire..  People wouldn't shop lift as much if they knew it was gonna get all crazy up in here.. :rofl:

• Like 2

If i had a dollar store ,,that is exactly the security guy(?) i would frickin hire..  People wouldn't shop lift as much if they knew it was gonna get all crazy up in here.. :rofl:

Yea dude went nuts  literally lol every time I watch it 

• Like 1

I don't even know what the fuck to say about this man, not only do I gotta worry about boys going after my little girls now I gotta worry about young fuckers tying to bang my grandma :sleep:

I fucked a grandmother before. It were very good... very good.

I fucked a grandmother before. It were very good... very good.

But she wasn't a great grand mother or a great great, this brings a whole new meaning to mother fucker lol :rofl:

Anyone, Anywhere, Anything!

Gotcha