R.I.P. Paul Walker can it be true or hoax?

Cnn site mention the road was full of tire marks, as if they had been doing a figure 8 pattern. If the car drifted into a tree that would explain why it was broke in half

They knocked over a fuckin concrete light pole. THEN the car hit that little tree. They would have to have been doin figure 8's at well over a 100 MPH.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If yo uhad asked me yesterday "what celebrity's death would have the biggest effect on you?"

I am nearly %100 sure that I would not have said Paul Walker.

But today, I can not think of any celebrity's death that would effect me more.

Its really sad, the world of car enthusiasm is actually rather small, its like losing a friend to some degree.

I am planning next Saturday to sit around with friends, work on cars, watch F&F and drink Coronas.

• Like 1

RIP :angel:

this was near magic mountain.

LAcoFD doesn't have the details of the accident :ninja:  my dads gonna see what he can get from the cops.

unless you've rushed to a burning vehicle before, dont speculate.

that fire when the video started was already to big to get anyone out alive.

you can hear a tire go.

tragic.

BTW the guys videoing it = bitches!

It's official. 

Porsche=Death trap. 

porsche, there was no substitute. now its a coffin

Yo...i was on youtube a while ago and some idiot posted a vid of paul walkers remains in the car...i mean who the hell would shoot a vid of that and post it on youtube?? What a sick bastard!!

Lol...

Where did it get posted? I thought I was the only one being a douche over his death... (to hide how jealous of him I was and that I've realized I'll never be 1,000,000th as cool as him no matter what.)

Worried about being the first/only to be purposefully callous: Epitome of Hipsters achievement unlocked.

-Robert

• Like 2

Blah, blah, blah ... some Ratsun members have no class

These days when we hear of a celebrity passing away, it's typically of their own demise - drugs, booze, or other stupid crap like that - but not Walker.  He will be remembered for his work and who he was, which is better than another "sad final chapter" ending.  I'm just trying to put a silver lining on this, that's all.  It's sad news.

Godspeed Paul Walker

• Like 3

When something like this happens, we all have several thoughts. Some have more discretion than others, and some just blurt out the first thing that pops into their head.

Since this is an automotive enthusiast website (mostly), we all have feared an outcome like Paul and Roger's. Most of us have put ourselves in that scenario. At least I have.

Is it a tragedy to die doing something you love? I don't think so, but being trapped in a burning car after doing something I love might change my mind. No one should go that way. 

I didn't even know who he was until Candi told me. From what I have read he was a decent guy. Seemed to do a lot of good things, devoting his time and money to help those in need. 

Were the movies he starred in socially responsible? Not even close. What movie do you think of when you get your nose cut off by a tangerine Honda going 100mph, driving like an asshole on I5 ? Does it mean he should leave us? No. Hollywood has been glorifying reckless behavior since the start. Were supposed to be able to separate fantasy from reality.

RIP Paul and Roger.

• Like 1

Some of you guys are really fucked up. Seriously.

Back on topic.

http://jalopnik.com/was-paul-walkers-deadly-crash-caused-by-drag-racing-1474863159?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"Sources connected to Always Evolving — the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas — tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious — the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort."

“They were only driving for like five to six minutes when the car crashed, they didn’t have enough time to be racing,” he continued. “Plus there were two highway patrol officers on site because there were so many high performance cars at the event.”

Jim was at the event when he heard a loud bang and saw a cloud of black smoke.

“There is a special effects building behind Always Evolving, where the even took place, so lots of people thought that the noise was coming from there, but in my gut I knew it was Paul and Roger,” he said.

While Roger is a race car driving (sic), the accident had nothing to do with racing.

“Roger lost control of the control. They didn’t spin or anything. They went into a tree. They hit four trees and took a big light pole down. The light pole came down and the car bounced off of it. And then they crashed into a tree, that’s what eventually stopped the car,” Jim said.

“They were only driving for like five to six minutes when the car crashed, they didn’t have enough time to be racing,”

WTF??? Sorry but in less than 15 seconds you could easily be well over 100MPH.

"Also suspicious — the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort."

Where is the gas tank on a porche? Do ya think maybe it isn't in the back where the engine is????

Fluid trail? Brake fluid? Brakes still work with one system non operational and then there's the E brake.

Power steering??? well steering still works with the power removed.

This comment is total speculation and holds no water what ever. It's a shitty situation and everyone is pissed off and wanting some answers or something to blame this on. It will come out eventually after an investigation. I expect excessive speed to be in there.

I saw an interview with a friend of his who was at the event. Walker said they would be back in 5 minutes,but never came back(obviously).

They were leaving to "get one off" and come back.It will eventually come out that there was another car involved.