Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Exactly my point.  Fuck Toyota.  All they did was put their direct injection technology on it and stick a Toyota badge on the engine, and then some stupid opposing piston badges on the fenders.  The car is made/built/conceived by Subaru.  Consequently, I'll drive a BRZ all day long, the FRS can suck it!!!   :D

Actually, that's not entirely true.  The FRS/BRZ was likely the 240sx Nissan was rumored to be thinking about 5 years back that never came to fruition.  Too bad Nissan, you dropped the ball again!

I would have a snappy photo for your logic...that is like saying fuck Honda but I'll drive an acura all day long...just saying. I could buy an FRS and swap the BRZ body panels on it and you'd never know the diff.

Side thought, yes, Nissan...why you drop the ball so much on this? Rumor has it that Mustang and Camro are going to have 4cly rear wheel drives now. Why?

The IDX is not unofficially DOA.

The executive who said its not reasonable to make, is under another executive who thinks its fine, and Palmer is above both of them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewdepaula/2014/07/31/nissan-says-bladeglider-and-idx-could-be-the-future-of-sports-cars/

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/07/creation-of-production-nissan-idx-still.html

Basically, we dont know. But from a few things, like the new Cube replacement, The new idea for the Z car, the GTR going hybrid, the ZEOD race car, Nissan is looking to different things, and that keeps the IDX in the running.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply i should've said unofficially doa

fuck that exec first of all

i got the info from a couple "insiders" who "might" lose their jobs blah blah blah

(who the fuck knows? i just don't want to see them get heat from that exec

me i knew it was doomed 'cause there's no rwd platform for it

I thought this thread was tucked away already...

IT'S ALIVE

also i found this pic of the new idx

14881674229_2e30085467.jpg

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

You know what's weird?  I had a dream just last night that I went to some trade show in the Maxima and while I was there, I stopped by the Nissan booth where John Morton and two other head Nissan officials were and I bent their ear explaining they needed something to contend with the new BRZ/FRS that looked good, but most importantly, was light-weight.  I explained they needed to get rid of the creature comforts, make it a basic car with roll-up windows without connectivity-this and that and that the average person could afford.  Light-weight with a powerful motor, that's all they needed to regain the market.

In my dream they seemed to have listened.  Wonder if they will in real life?

The original 240z was just that. High power light weight and sold so fast they were back ordered. Problem was salesmen and dealers would order them loaded down with a thousand dollars worth of shit like air, radios, interiors etc. etc. A thousand back in '70 was about 1/4 the cost of the car! Option overload was what it was called. In 10 years the Z became a bloated barge needing a turbo to haul all the options around and was called a zx.

I would have a snappy photo for your logic...that is like saying fuck Honda but I'll drive an acura all day long...just saying.

Fuck Nissan and drive my 710 around all day

I thought this thread was tucked away already...

I wish we could all ignore anything they do/have done after the name change from Datsun to Nissan.

That link was about the Datsun GO+. Nothing about the IDx. 

I hope the IDx never sees the light of showroom floor.

I don't care what Nissan is up to and haven't for years... just as long as they don't embarrass them selves and by extension embarrass all Datsun owners also. How do you think a Stingray or RS Camaro owner feels about GM?.... yeah, I bet they keep their heads down. 

clicked the link and thought what a waste until i got to page 2

hindu.jpg

I wish she was available for North American consumption....

How do you think a Stingray or RS Camaro owner feels about GM?.... yeah, I bet they keep their heads down.

The camaro owners love the new stuff "looks just like the old ones!"

The Vette guy on the the other hand think that when they got rid of flip up headlights they ruined the lineage if the car cause that's how they always were, accept for the original vettes of course