Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was at one time ('60s) trust me. It included (besides the interior/exterior trim package) a tach, heavy duty suspension, a higher performance engine or a totally different more powerful engine, usually a standard transmission (probably a 4 speed instead of a 3) better tires, better brakes.

Slowly it was watered down mostly in the late 70s (automatics) definitely in the 80s but the worst embarrassment is a FWD Cobalt SS

At least the new Camaro looks like a new Camaro. It makes it so much easier to hate that way. The IDx on the other hand is an insult to the 510 IMO, so I'm conflicted. I want to love it if it is indeed the new 510, but sense it's just an interesting collection of bits and pieces of Nissan's history hobbled together by a distinguished panel of newly post pubescent gamers, I'm driven to hate, not love.  :mad:

Mike, you just don't understand my pain. The new Camaro could look like a can of pumpkin for all I care. I'd still hate it just as much. I honestly don't want to hate the IDx, but if that's Nissan's attempt at creating the new 510... I must hate it. Call it the Nissan Flashback, The Frankendatsun, The Fanboy Forza, anything but the new 510 FOR GOD SAKE!