Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a bunch of old stereo gear...2 Crown DC300's, NAD 3020, Sony 3200f, yada yada.  I found it took up a lot of space, generated a lot of heat, and a new HK, Onkyo, etc sounds better without scratchy pots and 30-40 year old dried out caps :P  Plus, I only need one coax or spdif cable instead of six analog for my surround.  But at least I found some suckers who were still into that stuff to buy it off me for more than a few shiny pennies.

I used to have a bunch of old stereo gear...2 Crown DC300's, NAD 3020, Sony 3200f, yada yada.  I found it took up a lot of space, generated a lot of heat, and a new HK, Onkyo, etc sounds better without scratchy pots and 30-40 year old dried out caps :P  Plus, I only need one coax or spdif cable instead of six analog for my surround.  But at least I found some suckers who were still into that stuff to buy it off me for more than a few shiny pennies.

You had some nice gear Matt.

Controls are a breeze with some de-oxit

Caps, arent to bad either.

I am diggin the Sansui stuff, I am a Pioneer guy myself, Sansuis always seem so hard to find. Nice stuff guys.

We did have a thread for audio stuff a while back.....

Thanks,

Sansui and Marantz here is near impossible now,in the past year or so,things have dried up alot.

I am on a misson , to get the biggest baddest receiver(g-22,000 or g-33,000)

The 9700 is very impressive,rated at 200 per, but info on them shows they push closer to 270 per

I bid you luck man, I have only ever seen one of them, and it was the 33,000, and it didnt work unfortunately, but god damn was it beautiful, the knobs are as big as my whole palm. If you really want to get big and bad you gotta get the CA-3000 and BA-3000, they are masterpieces. Allegedly the Technics SA-1000 was the biggest and baddest though as far as wattage, nothing compares to a XX,000 series for shelf space though.

The SX-1050, I almost hate telling this story, but I literally walked outside my house and across the street to the neighbors yard sale and it was sitting there. $10. I walked it back home and came in and nearly broke out in a fit of laughter, my wife saw the receiver and immediately knew what happened, lolol.

• Like 1

I bid you luck man, I have only ever seen one of them, and it was the 33,000, and it didnt work unfortunately, but god damn was it beautiful, the knobs are as big as my whole palm. If you really want to get big and bad you gotta get the CA-3000 and BA-3000, they are masterpieces.

The SX-1050, I almost hate telling this story, but I literally walked outside my house and across the street to the neighbors yard sale and it was sitting there. $10. I walked it back home and came in and nearly broke out in a fit of laughter, my wife saw the receiver and immediately knew what happened, lolol.

Thanks, Yep for sure they are!

I have been looking into the BA-3000, I love the looks of them too.

But this mission(if it happens) is the bigger g!

Nice score on the Pioneer!

I love my 780, but would love that more...    ^_^

I bid you luck man, I have only ever seen one of them, and it was the 33,000, and it didnt work unfortunately, but god damn was it beautiful, the knobs are as big as my whole palm. If you really want to get big and bad you gotta get the CA-3000 and BA-3000, they are masterpieces. Allegedly the Technics SA-1000 was the biggest and baddest though as far as wattage, nothing compares to a XX,000 series for shelf space though.

Cool story bro, and I'd like to believe you, but we all know it isn't true.  No way someone would marry you.

:D

• Like 4

My next one will be a 1250, I would love a 1980, but the XX80 series tend to be more problematic, finding a working 1980 is very very hard.

I love Pioneer, they made some incredible equipment, especially in the tape recording realm, which is my main audio hobby as you can probably tell. I LOVE my CT-F1000, RT-707 and RT-2022

• Like 1