75' and '85 long beds from Oz

Well it has finally happened, and on christmas eve of all days, I TOOK HER OUT ON HER MAIDEN VOYAGE TODAY :cool: :thumbsup: and in celebration I thought I would share some pics. Was only a short drive to the servo but if you notice she made it home just fine, I already dragged my numerplate accidently but I'll work it out eventually. I spent most of the time up pretty high caus it was a bit scary. I think I have to adjust the toe at ride height caus I think it was a bit twitchy and fix an oil leak in the sump, but other than that all went well.

Here is the pics :D

It still has a little more lift out back but it is nice and even here

P1010906.jpg

P1010907.jpg

P1010909.jpg

P1010912.jpg

P1010913.jpg

P1010915.jpg

It got a bit dark by the time I took these ones

P1010916.jpg

P1010918.jpg

P1010920.jpg

P1010922.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right on isnt that the best feeling in the world when you work on somthing for so long pour your heart and soul into it and have it all work for the most part like it should glad to see that its in a drivable state and it looks bad ass

dude thats awesome, i think one of the things i like the most is it looks completely stock at ride height well except for the bed ofcourse.. but then u slam it an its all low rider...

just becareful.. go slow.. do lots of test driving.. i dont wanna see another post sayin "another ozzy datsun driver hits a tree" :( that would be mega sad.. soo cheers m8 good luck an safety first!

Thanks for all the comments people. It was definately a nice feeling to drive finally but I was pretty freaked out with the switches at speed, it is a relief to know that it actually drives and all that

Damn! That sure turned out nice.

What is involved in getting your rig inspected. If you could cover the bed upon inspection, they would never now, as long as it stays on the ground.

basically I don't get it inspected, I just have to hope I don't get pulled up which is mostly the reason I wanted it to look so stock looking. I have to hope they don't cotton on to the fact there are no leaf hangers. I might even make a hard lid for the back that lock so they can't even see the bed floor

No it is not mine but it does live here.

as you requested sir

it use to rock crawl somewhat

cruiserpics028.jpg

cruiserpics023.jpg

Very cool, and its the rare 45 series. At least the 45 is rare over here. I have a 76 FJ40, brother has a 67 FJ40, and dad has a 67 FJ45 longbed.

Nice cruiser