Looks pretty straight huh?

P1010601.jpg

WRONG

Right rear

P1010607.jpg

Right front

P1010610.jpg

Left rear

Some clown of a previous owner secrwed this up well and good. It had loads of bog in it, it's beat to hell and the body line is half missing, there was no body line before with all the bog that was on it.

P1010603.jpg

Had to attempt to pull out a missive dint in the corner, geeez some people obviously can't drive :mad:

P1010605.jpg

It looks like allot but really isn't, I could've just done the dints and there would've just been litle spots but I'm trying to get it as smooth as I can.

P1010611.jpg

Hopefully I should have the thing in paint and sitting on the car by the end of the week. That imaginary image in my head is what is giving me the motivation to soldier on. :drool: Yeeeeeeeeew!

Sweet! Yeah there're a few dints there. Should look good when it's all smooth. Would be worth the effort when the sun shines on it late afternoon and it's straight as a die, I suspect anyway.

Raised bed floors are the best and only way to go. Looks good man. Coming along very nicely. I'm anticipating seeing this thing tuckin whiteline in the back. The imaginary picture is king! Yewwww!

i like how you left the bed in like that, most people just chop it to shit an leave a big ugly hole ect.. thats kinda unique in my eyes, keep up the good work.. an pics :D

Thanks lynch, I don't really like big holes in the floor either, Although it's kind of a shame caus I put allot of effort to get the back of the chassis and such to try and make it look all pretty, painting fuel tank, air tank, link bars, and the tube work, but my goal from the beginning was to make it as hard as possible for the po po to find anything, so I really can't have a huge hole in the floor making it blatintly obvious. But they'll still think something is up with the floor looking like that, oh well :fu:

Me thinks that the truck is gonna look quite nice when you finish it.

Here's a potentially stupid question: tailgate still functional? I ask because it looks like it could be used for access or maybe you put in a box/shelf for a little pseudo trunk.

Here's a potentially stupid question: tailgate still functional? I ask because it looks like it could be used for access or maybe you put in a box/shelf for a little pseudo trunk.

Not a silly question at all. The filler pops out of the step down. the tailgate will still be functional, I want to leave the old school latches and such and there will be no trunk but the step down should make for a nice area to store nic nacs and miscialanious (spelling) items/objects.

yea it wont but much use as a truck any more.. so those hooks are gonna be pure looks lol! :P

I reckon I could still chuck some stuff on the back and tie it down if need be, but the stuff would just sit way higher than the roof whatever the stuff may be. still functional but will look stange when carrying things

Looking good...bog = body filler :lol: Too bad but most 620 beds [tubs] have plenty of dings :rolleyes:

shhhhhhh my truck will hear you an more will appear.. most of mine are ding outs i have no bog on my truck what so ever so i know what im workin with :D

an ya thats true you could still tie down some stuff.. well if we all had shaved hooks who would i poke fun at then?? maybe the guys without AirDams haha

Looking good...bog = body filler :lol: Too bad but most 620 beds [tubs] have plenty of dings :rolleyes:

haha, yeah bog is what you guys call body filler, I like the slang words we use. :lol:

Mine were all pretty much ding outs (protrusions) too, except for that left rear. Damb single wall beds :mad:

we mostley refer to it as "Bondo" but i understood 100% what he meant by bog :P ding outs are a bitch! maybe i'll make some of those nice panels to cover the sides of the bed so that doesnt happen any more.. now that i have an electric sander i can do a little body work when i get my tranny back in :D

an ya thats true you could still tie down some stuff.. well if we all had shaved hooks who would i poke fun at then?? maybe the guys without AirDams haha

That's alright, you can poke fun at me about the hooks if you like, and the air dam too, caus I don't like them and you catch me dead with one :thumbdown::P

I have pretty much finished the bed except for a couple of spots that I have to finish up, and I'm now starting on the tailgate, which by the way has more dimples that your mothers celulite :D. I envy you guys over there, you would just be able to chuck a shit one away and find a good one no worries, but I have to work with what I have. :mad:. But yeah, should be in high fill by tomorrow, and then sanding and painting on thursday if I'm real keen :thumbsup:

My F'd up tailgate, The pictures don't really show but there is hardly a straight bit on it. I was pretty close to cutting the skin off and putting on a smooth one caus I thought it was that bad, but I thought it would be too much work and I really wanted the datsun stamp.

P1010613.jpg

All bogged up and wire brushed ready for primer filler

P1010616.jpg

P1010617.jpg

P1010619.jpg

P1010615.jpg

End result

P1010620.jpg

P1010622.jpg

P1010623.jpg

P1010621.jpg

I kinda feel like I should have a BBQ on the inside of the tailgate, probly a bad idea though considering it is right next to the filler

More soon:D

Mmmwhohohahahah, Tukin 3 lugs yeyah :thumbup:

P1010624.jpg

P1010625.jpg

Had a bit aof a mishap today though, the damb thing fell on the ground and bent some stuff and cracked a little bog, won't take long to fix though. It is hard doing shit by yourself sometimes, there sure was some colourful language in my shed today :cursing: