75' and '85 long beds from Oz

Damb, I was hoping I was the first haha. Have you got any info on the others? I am curious

Woops, I should have elaborated more. Yours is the only bagged one, and the only long bed (I've ever seen in oz).

Greiggy is one of the others, and this is the other one, no tub and totally different theme.

Yours is definitely the coolest (and has convinced me to search for one with a tub). When I have a house with a garage, I'll definitely be starting a datsun 521 / 620 / 320 project, whatever comes up first. Best part about yours that I like is, you aren't doing a motor conversion, and you are keeping the rims standard / old school.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty ghetto so I use newspaper

P1010502.jpg

And I'm pretty ghetto and poor so I spray it on my dirt driveway

P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

I think the doors came out the best (pretty straight in my eyes considering what i started out with, drivers side .ie. right hand side had alot of dints)

I think old guys own these trucks over here from back in the day and drove into and hit everything they could.

P1010507.jpg

P1010508.jpg

The gaurds rubbed on the tyres when I aired up and down, partly because the have an offset that protrudes them to the outside of the car and because the 175 tyres bulge out on the 4.5 inch rims.

Solution: cut up a 620 rim and a navara (hardbody) rim and join.

P1010512.jpg

P1010511.jpg

P1010513.jpg

The navara rims are 0.5 inches wider which I think will make the tyres look better by not bulging out so much and I offset the mutant rim to sit in as far as I could without being riskay and not having any lip from the centre overlapping the rim outer. I made them so that they have just as much overlap as what the navara rims did. Had a couple of chops at getting it straight by measureing and what not woth no success. Forth time I done it with just my eye and got it perfect.

4.5 inch 620 rim

P1010515.jpg

5.0 inch 620/navara rim

P1010514.jpg

That's all you get until next weekend, I only took them late on sunday night which explains the poor lighting, but deffinately more on the weekend.

Man that looks awesome. I wasn't a fan of the colour before seeing it together with the panels on, now it looks great.

Did you use acrylic or 2 pac?

Keep updating the thread, this thing is sick.

To tell you the truth I did have regrets about the colour and not going with my initial idea of a dark, flat kaky green, but I think it is turning out ok. Oh and i used enamal

gotta love the no hook look

If you are talking about the bed hooks, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but they are staying, I'm with ol yello on that debate, I use to not like them and was super close to cutting them off at one point but I like them now. It looks a bit bland and boring in the back if they are not there.

It's turning out to be the best bitumen biting, hoe-getting automobile I've ever seen!

Was worth all that work to change the offset on the rims, tucks real nice and looks dope.

P.S. Can we ride to dizzee and shwayze already? Yewwww.

^^^ haha. nice picture. I'm going to try and find some 6 inch rims for the back so I can fit as bigger tyre as I can I think (gotta try and tuck the lug) and that is the way it was set up so why not right? just might look a bit funny aired up because of the tyre size difference from front to back, but oh well, planning on being low most of the time anyway.

P.s. I wish, but I'm trying as hard as I can

I forgot to ask, how did you make your front tubs? did you get a shop to bend them up with the curved edge?

Or do you work with sheet metal?

I bought them from a place formally know as tuck shop custom but are now called custom works, not many places make them

Good job on the rims..takes alot of confidence to do that :cool: So...not many 620's in your area that are customized? Reason i ask is your gonna deffinately turn some heads :D

Not many 620's period, they are pretty rare here, I only ever spot one once in a blue moon and even then they are only rangdang utes that are all beat up, mine is the only one I have seen in person with a tub, so that kinda gives you a scope of the scarcity. being the only one around will only add to the perks.:thumbup:

I bought them from a place formally know as tuck shop custom but are now called custom works, not many places make them

Try some trailer supply houses. Should be easier to find and may be a bit cheaper than a custom shop.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?R=200322357&storeId=6970&productId=200322357&cm_ven=natural&cm_cat=netconcepts&cm_pla=Google&cm_ite=trailer%2Bfenders

12640_lg.gif

2eDeYe;79657']Try some trailer supply houses. Should be easier to find and may be a bit cheaper than a custom shop.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?R=200322357&storeId=6970&productId=200322357&cm_ven=natural&cm_cat=netconcepts&cm_pla=Google&cm_ite=trailer%2Bfenders

12640_lg.gif

Beleive me I tried trailer places, we don't have such a wide market of products over here to chose from like u guys in the US. Trailer places here only use plastic ones or shitty steel ones that are just stamped out and have angles instead of a curve. I didn't get mine for too bad a price anyway, they were ninety for the pair which considering the price we pay for everything here is way more expensive than what retail is in the US. meh what can u do