75' and '85 long beds from Oz

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought them from a place formally know as tuck shop custom but are now called custom works, not many places make them

Not many 620's period, they are pretty rare here, I only ever spot one once in a blue moon and even then they are only rangdang utes that are all beat up, mine is the only one I have seen in person with a tub, so that kinda gives you a scope of the scarcity. being the only one around will only add to the perks.:thumbup:

That is cheap as. Yeah I've seen them advertise on DUT, and now that I've checked their site I can see them;

http://www.customworks.net.au/shopping/sheetmetal_wheeltub.php

That's stuff all in US dollars now that our dollar is dying in the ass again against the benjamins.

That is cheap as. Yeah I've seen them advertise on DUT, and now that I've checked their site I can see them;

http://www.customworks.net.au/shopping/sheetmetal_wheeltub.php

That's stuff all in US dollars now that our dollar is dying in the ass again against the benjamins.

They had a great selection and were really good to deal with also, I recommend them, it's where I got all my bag plates and stuff from too

I remember reading that you guys like pictures so here you go, enjoy, I certainly do.

I don't really take pictures during the day so it doesn't look like I do much.

I jst glass beaded the lights and painted them up. And I don't have the doors on yet caus I have to take the cab off again caus I am having issues with steering shaft hitting the shock tower and what not, but as soon as that is done it will be going together.

Should I run just a black grille or with the chrome surrounds and also should I run a bumper or not?

P1010540.jpg

P1010547.jpg

That's dope man! Chrome round the headlights fo sho! And polish up your bumper so it gleams. It looks trick without one but I think it'd look more 'complete' with one.

Loving that Nissan badge on the grille too, that's tight! I love the grille in the second pic. And I'm glad you didn't shave the indicators on the guards too, they look sweet. Stock but slammed. Gotta say, Yeewwwwww!

Black rims? Looks smooth.

if u run the chrome rings you need chrome bumper.. black grill, there is no other color for a datsun grill.. everything looks choice man, we're all drooling an jealous.. nice to see you ozzy guys on the forum, good to know its not just us who are into the ratuns.. this is why ratsun goes beyond nwde.. that would be NORTH WEST.. meaning usa.. ratsun pretty much says hey.. anyone can be here... come one come all ok /end rant.. nice truck man i bet it will be the nicest one bagged in aus

if u run the chrome rings you need chrome bumper.. black grill, there is no other color for a datsun grill.. everything looks choice man, we're all drooling an jealous.. nice to see you ozzy guys on the forum, good to know its not just us who are into the ratuns.. this is why ratsun goes beyond nwde.. that would be NORTH WEST.. meaning usa.. ratsun pretty much says hey.. anyone can be here... come one come all ok /end rant.. nice truck man i bet it will be the nicest one bagged in aus

To tell you the truth I don't know of any bagged 620's in australia, I heard a rumour that there was one a while back but I don't know for sure. :confused:

thats awesome man.. your the shizznit.. i love ozzys.. idk why tho.. maybe cause mad max/roadwarrior is my favorite movie.. idk.. but i would like to visit there someday cause it seems like i have alot in common with you guys the last 8 years i have been on the internet i have met many many ozzy folks an gotten along with everyone of them as if i knew them personely.. if i wasnt scared of airplains man i would be there checkin your truck out for myself.. maybe lending a hand with a wrench or two..

I'd like to think we are easy to get along with here in Australia.

I just did an assignment for uni a few months back about why people travel to different countries, and what they like and dislike about them. Anyway Australia has won this survey type thing for the last three years running. And one of the criteria we score very well on every time is the ease at which tourists can get along with the locals.

Anyway, the USA really appels to me because of the cars you guys produced in the 50's and 60's, the diversity in the people, and the diversity from one State to the next. There's so much to see and do is the impression that I get!

Anyway, back on topic. More pictures please! I'm still bored if you can't tell by the detail in my rant. I'm turning to Ratsun for help.

While the cab was off to fix the shock tower/steering dilema a figured it would be easier to mount the air supply. So that's what I did all day.

Made a double belt pulley

P1010557.jpg

P1010558.jpg

I changed the location of the alternator to the opppsite side so the was more room to put the pump. And this is what I came up with

P1010570.jpg

I got real lucky because I thought I had a little extra room between where I was mounting it, so when I dropped the cab on I saw that the location of it could't have been any luckier, Anywhere else and the fittings would have hit the bonnet support.

P1010571.jpg

And while I was there I figured I'll show you hood to motor clearence, that's my forefinger jammed in there :D That's with the bellhousing sitting on the ground .It's a game of millimeters

P1010573.jpg

And then I put a door on

P1010580.jpg

I have got a couple of questions for you guys now,

1st off does anyone know what sort of compressors came on these trucks with stock A/C, and have any photos of how and where they are mounted (bracketry)?

And secondly my doors sit out from where they are meant to at the lower hinge so the body line doesn't quite line up. If you look through the gap the hinge is nearly toucking the door so adjusting the hinge sidways on the door will not help to push it in, It has seemed to do this on both 620's I have owned. Does anyone know how to resolve this matter?

Heck yes! Man that was lucky with the A/C pump hey. Gotten lucky a couple of times now on this. Had to get pretty creative on the bracketry I see.

I like the pic with the door on. It looks so dope tuckin' that whiteline! I can't get over how mad the whiteline looks, I love it hey. Good progress on the weekend, the little stuff always takes the most time hey.

Dope man, Dope!

I have got a couple of questions for you guys now,

1st off does anyone know what sort of compressors came on these trucks with stock A/C, and have any photos of how and where they are mounted (bracketry)?

Damn Peanut this thing is so bad ass!! As to AC pictures, I've been meaning to take some of mine on my l16 for another member, so I will make sure you see them. AC's on a 521 were a dealer aftermarket add on in the us, but I'd guess it is similar to the 620 setup (though I am not sure). Wait till you see how massive that bracket is!

Speaking of a 620 w/ ac, Jason just picked one up for $50! Anyway the mounting of the compressor is WAY different than my 521. It is much more like the way you have yours set up. So I don't think pics of my 521 would help much. Mine is mounted on the right side of the engine, and on a massive shelf of a bracket. The link to Jason's thread is here:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=6426

Speaking of a 620 w/ ac, Jason just picked one up for $50! Anyway the mounting of the compressor is WAY different than my 521. It is much more like the way you have yours set up. So I don't think pics of my 521 would help much. Mine is mounted on the right side of the engine, and on a massive shelf of a bracket. The link to Jason's thread is here:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=6426

I had a look at that today, pretty much the same place as where I've got mine hey, except mine is a bit higher to clear the steering box thingo because the engine has been dropped, also I had to take out the mechanical fuel pump and will have to put in an electric pump, it looks like that's what Jason's is like too, Can't really see the brackets in those pictures though, can only see what looks like an adjuster pulley that comes off the head and can't see a pully for the water pump (doesn't look like there is one on there). Is that the alternator on the right hand side? Good deal for 50 bucks I say

It would still be good to see yours if you have a york or sanden, pleeeassse

It's a game of millimeters

And you're winning it! Yewwww.

I stole that quote from you, I remember you saying it when you were talking about your cortina once