75' and '85 long beds from Oz

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh ok kool. Its a good look & something id like to do on my 620...you have inspired me :D

Cool, you should do it, I think it is better than extending the tray down, probly easier too.

Yesss! That looks real good.

The floor in the bed doesn't look overly high like the 720. Just a good height I reckon. Tucks Heaps!

Does the bed where it curves in at the hooks clear the top of the tyre by far? Looks awesome man. Very good.

U mean the curve on the top of the bedside, that curves the opposite way to the hooks? Havn't really looked, I imagine it would be pretty close, when it is laid out the rear tyre is just slightly rubbing on the wheel tub

P1010625.jpg

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your truck is looking so damn good!!! Its the cats PJ's! I really like how you left the hooks and you have the hub caps on. Wow. I need to send my truck to you :D

U mean the curve on the top of the bedside, that curves the opposite way to the hooks? Havn't really looked, I imagine it would be pretty close, when it is laid out the rear tyre is just slightly rubbing on the wheel tub

Yeah that's the one. I'd have thought it'd be pretty close.

Send it over Icehouse, I'm sure he'd do it again!

Thanks for the comment ice house and everyone else.

Yeah that's the one. I'd have thought it'd be pretty close.

Send it over Icehouse, I'm sure he'd do it again!

yeah, I'd do another I think. It wouldn't take as long with all the knowledge I have now but I would make sure I had the proper funds to do it instead of just doing stuff only when I have the cash. And you all have to remember that is is my fiest ever build so I'm pretty green. I can't even remember how it started, it was probly influenced by you Keegan (menotknow), then it all just snowballed all crazy like, aww well, at least I'll have something to look at by the end of it

That thing is looking sick, wish I was closer and I would help you with it, then you can help on mine. Getting ready tear down mine this winter. You have given me some great ideas. I hope you don't mind if I use some of your ideas.

Peanut:

YOUR TRUCK IS SICK!!!!!! I have often wondered how to do a body drop without having "boxes" running down the length of the cab. That is a hell of lot of work. I really appreciate all your handy work and dedication to a project that will be a BITCH to maybe make street legal.

Keep up the good work and KEEP THOSE DAY TIME PHOTOS COMING.

Question: How much do those 4 door 720 4X4's go for over there?

That thing is looking sick, wish I was closer and I would help you with it, then you can help on mine. Getting ready tear down mine this winter. You have given me some great ideas. I hope you don't mind if I use some of your ideas.

Go for your life. If everyone had to do something different than everyone else then there wouldn't be many around

Peanut:

YOUR TRUCK IS SICK!!!!!! I have often wondered how to do a body drop without having "boxes" running down the length of the cab. That is a hell of lot of work. I really appreciate all your handy work and dedication to a project that will be a BITCH to maybe make street legal.

Keep up the good work and KEEP THOSE DAY TIME PHOTOS COMING.

Question: How much do those 4 door 720 4X4's go for over there?

Thanks man, My dad picked up a dual cab 2WD for 300 bucks, so 720s aren't worth very much, as always depends on condition and all the rest of it but you would usually pick one up for under a grand. Oh and where I live it will never be legal, very strict rules on chassis modification, so let's hope I get a good run out of it.

Did you get it red today man? I'm glad I influenced someone to do something positively cool; that'd be a first. You wanted to do it all along, don't blame me! Haha nah it's sweet man, can't wait to ride in it.

When you do another one make sure it's in a garage close to me so that I can actually lend more than an idea here or there. It'll definately be fun to just sit back and admire it.

It's cool too that people are given ideas for their own rides too. Where would we be without some kind of influence, or references??

SWEET RIDE, NICE PICS AND PROGRESS!! Yew!

• 3 weeks later...

aahhhh, kinda, It has been raining the last few weekend so the tub hasn't been painted yet, I have just been mucking around with and exhaust, battery cables (caus it is mounted at the back of the cab), wiring harness. I started the engine a few weekends ago after not knowing whether it even ran. I bought the engine off ebay for 50 bucks with the chassis aswell and it started right up so I think that's awsome, but it hasn't been real exciting picture wise so I have sort of held off on the pictures, till something better happens anyway.

And I don't know whether I have told you guys that I have a 720 single cab as my daily and after looking for a tub for it for yonks I finally found one and made the purchased and drove 3 hours each way to get it (it seems that 720 single cab tubs are nearly as rare as 620s over here), and as soon as I done that I got to dropping that bitch to the ground (torsion bars and blocks and spring packs and such), I should take some photos after this week.

Edited by peanut2425

ok people, photobucket is still being a bastard to me and won't let me upload pics the normal way but i figured out a way to do it, although not allot has been going on.

Here is a look at my 720 daily. I think technically it is a nissan because it is an 85, but it has a early 720 datsun tub, so it should be allowed :D

It use to have a flat bed and looked like poo and have been searching for a single cab tub for soo long.

before the drop

P1010648.jpg

P1010646.jpg

after

P1010651.jpg

P1010652.jpg

P1010653.jpg

so yeah that is my 720, stock L18 with a down draft webber (don't know what size, 36 or something) and a five speed

and the 620, still no paint on the tray (havn't had a decent warm sunny day to spray it), just mucked around with wireing harness brake lines and exhaust and radiator, pretty much things that are needed to make it move.

a glimpse of the exhaust, brake lines and wireing harness. The harness will be kept pretty well hidden except where this picture shows where it will run along the rail.

P1010654.jpg

P1010658.jpg

P1010657.jpg

P1010655.jpg

Here is a look at my 720 daily. I think technically it is a nissan because it is an 85, but it has a early 720 datsun tub, so it should be allowed :D

When people ask me about my G35 "Is that an Acura?"

I tell them "No, it's a Datsun"

Like the exhaust routing. High n tight. :D

oh and some/most of you will be happy that the hooks are coming off of the 720 as the previous owner already made that decision for me and cut them off one side. Plans for the 720 are to shave the doors and bedsides, mybe put a smooth tailgate skin and one day eventually bag it :D, but that is a while off, for now it is still a beater

This year it's a beater......Next year it'll be neater? :D:D

more like it will be neater when i get some money :(

here is the dash I am going to have in the 620 after i decided what i was doing with the stock one was too hard. It is an early 720 dash, if I ever come across a later 720 one I will chuck that in but I think it looks alright for now.

P1010672.jpg

and here is what the engine bay looks like, don't mind my tempopary fuel tank.

P1010674.jpg

P1010675.jpg

Some brake lines and stuff, pretty stock lookin

P1010676.jpg

And a sub box I was trying to build out of ply but i decided it was too hard with wood due to all the curves and what not so I am going to do it with fibreglass instead, not that I know anything about that but we'll see how I go.

P1010673.jpg

And the 12" that will hopefully fit, the plan is to have it's ass sticking out on top of the tunnel, because that is really the only place it can go.

P1010677.jpg

P1010678.jpg

Lookin' good man. The dash pad looks pretty nice. Nice length on the gear shifter too. Looks like you've been pretty busy indeed.

And you got the carbs on. Home stretch now. You'll get that subwoofer fitting somewhere. And the steering's hooked up againb too. Wiring looks pretty neat. We'll haveto find a nice steering wheel for it. An earlier one or something.

Looks real good, and the 720 looks better lowered down too. Can't wait to see it again for real. Plenty's changed since last visit,that's for sure.