Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy curdled milk!!!

Definitely wasn't the speed limit. 

Delaware Online reports that a 65-year old man was driving his classic ’70 Plymouth Barracuda at a high rate of speed when he lost control and hit a telephone poll. The accident left the driver dead and his classic Barracuda split into three pieces.

This story is made all the more tragic by the presence of family members, who had just brought the driver a fresh tank of gas after he ran out on the side of the road. Witnesses report seeing the driver fill up his car and then take off at a high rate of speed, crashing not far down the road where he ran out of gas.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/man-dies-after-crashing-70-plymouth-cuda-into-telephone-pole/

• Like 1

I know there are a lot of contractor & DIY guys on the boards. I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on installing a new door frame on my new (to me) old cellar. It looks like the previous owner of the place had bonded the wooden frame to the concrete via some type of adhesive. Seems like it lasted a decade or two before it went ta-tas up. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to install a new one?

20160209_075059.jpg

Be sure to have a moisture barrier between wood and concrete always, and use good wood. I use tar paper. But I must ask, is it necessary to have wood right there? Seems like some 3/8" or 1/2" rubber strip like Hypolon would be better for the job. Just nail it down into the concrete with some sealant in there.

I know there are a lot of contractor & DIY guys on the boards. I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on installing a new door frame on my new (to me) old cellar. It looks like the previous owner of the place had bonded the wooden frame to the concrete via some type of adhesive. Seems like it lasted a decade or two before it went ta-tas up. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to install a new one?

20160209_075059.jpg

datsun_b210_2_76.png

Some cutting, fabbing, welding, and assembly required.

• Like 2

finally finished moving yesterday. hadn't relocated in eleven years. threw away so much "this could come in handy!" BS it wasn't funny. scrubbed the old house from top to bottom with no serious expectation of cleaning deposit refund (walls need repaint, new bathroom tile, etc) but I've known the landlord literally for forty years so I tried to do the right thing + my rent was $350 from September 2004 until I moved which was cool.

got up this morning at 6am to see the wife off her work, laid back down, got up again at 8am, bathed in the oval tub of the master suite for about an hour and a half, laid back down until noon when the wife called on her lunch hour. I am beat to death but the move is done. the unpacking on the other hand....

• Like 4