Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see on the news tonight that 30 millions of people using a prescription pill to reduce stomach acid ( heartburn) risk kidney damage and dementia. Does it not occur to doctors to tell these fat fucks to loose 40 pounds, stop eating shit and go for a walk after supper rather than sitting down for wheel of fortune or w/e the fuck people watch??? You need stomach acid to digest food, absorb minerals and kill 'things' in your food.

I'll borrow a statement used by you in the past, follow the money.

Acid reflux is mostly from being overweight and sitting or laying down after eating. Overfilled stomach contents are pushed back up into the esophagus. I would imaging that greasy harder to digest shit produces more acids too. After seeing that there is a medication for toe nail fungus it shouldn't surprise me that they have a pill to prevent stomach acid.

There are a shit load of possible causes for the symptom of heartburn. In Merca the most common cause is Gastroesophageal reflux disease, and acid reflux. It's important to identify the root cause of the problem though. Pills that treat the symptom may relieve the pain, but pain is the bodies way of indicating something is wrong. As with any machine, simply mask the problem, and damage will continue to occur. Acid reflux is one thing, but peptic ulcers, achalasia, stomach cancer, or hiatal hernia are quite another. 

• Like 3

There are a shit load of possible causes for the symptom of heartburn. In Merca the most common cause is Gastroesophageal reflux disease, and acid reflux. It's important to identify the root cause of the problem though. Pills that treat the symptom may relieve the pain, but pain is the bodies way of indicating something is wrong. As with any machine, simply mask the problem, and damage will continue to occur. Acid reflux is one thing, but peptic ulcers, achalasia, stomach cancer, or hiatal hernia are quite another. 

never mind all that mike's already passed judgement on the matter    :rofl:

• Like 1

iceberg11.jpg

• Like 2

Eat a yogurt every other day for a few weeks and you'll feel improvements.

I was kidding with my comment. I actually eat fairly decent.

My lack of exercise kills it for me.

I used to look like you or Kevin just 8 years ago.

5'8", 165lbs. Very lean. Pretty cut.

Not so much now. I just need to get another bicycle.

• Like 1