New Classifieds; Improvement Suggestions only

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh I have a suggestion .. go back to the old ones they worked fine .. these ones suck ....u here that ratsun ... the new classy's suck and worse u know it and u wont do shit about it ....and that's more insulting to your customer base then the sad excuse for a classified section......if my wagon doesn't get done im blaming the lack of ability to sell and find parts on my favorite site ever......come on haven't we lost enough ......jesus pull the plug ....I think the only way u could make these classifieds better is just by not having classifieds anymore.....its the old coke or nothing ..... shit ratsun even coke gave up on the new int here product and went back to what works .....WTF ARE WE WATING FOR .....!!!!!!

Can I get in on the fun too?

My suggestion.....get over it, adapt to the change, use the classifieds for what they are for....buying/selling stuff. If you feel like chatting about parts/items for whatever reason (and not buying/selling them) open a discussion thread in the appropriate topic. Holy craptarts...seriously...leave the classifieds alone. It's great just how they are.

This isnt was this thread is for... 

Can we go back to requiring people to add photos to their ads? I know that makes you do it for WTB ads as well, but Im getting tired of getting the run around just asking for pictures. How do you know its the right part? How do you know the person even has the part? How do you know its in an acceptable condition?

When doing WTB threads if you include a proper picture of the item youre looking for, itll help get exactly what youre looking for. 

• Like 2

Can we go back to requiring people to add photos to their ads? I know that makes you do it for WTB ads as well, but Im getting tired of getting the run around just asking for pictures. How do you know its the right part? How do you know the person even has the part? How do you know its in an acceptable condition?

When doing WTB threads if you include a proper picture of the item youre looking for, itll help get exactly what youre looking for. 

That's what I do.

• Like 1

That's what I do.

Yeah, shit gets ridiculous sometimes. People are like, oh Im too busy to put up pictures right now. Well, then post your ad when youre not that busy. I want to see what Im buying... its like reading ads that are only one sentence. Pisses me off. Its like you dont want to make money...

• Like 2

"too much to list"

Bitch Im not paying high dollar for that kind of non-sense. You can take five minutes out of your day to snap a picture or compile a list of upgrades. You installed them... you should know whats included. 

Anyway, mando pictures are my suggestion. Id also like to see if we can get the new classys included in the search function. 

Can I get in on the fun too?

My suggestion.....get over it, adapt to the change, use the classifieds for what they are for....buying/selling stuff. If you feel like chatting about parts/items for whatever reason (and not buying/selling them) open a discussion thread in the appropriate topic. Holy craptarts...seriously...leave the classifieds alone. It's great just how they are.

tristins right I vented enough .... I take my sell and buys elsewhere .......u here that ratsun im taking my soccer ball and going home

hey draker ... wts carpet kit 521 oem and mint ... no pics its carpet if u don't know what it looks like then tough 600 obo ..... u buyin?

• Like 1

But this is?

Bitch Im not paying high dollar for that kind of non-sense. You can take five minutes out of your day to snap a picture or compile a list of upgrades. You installed them... you should know whats included

But this is?

Yes. Its a comical example to illustrate Draker and Is point that pictures and details are needed for proper ads. Thats why I asked for pictures to be mandatory like they once were when the new classifieds were first installed. 

What I was referencing as not the point of this thread was bitching about the new classifieds and wanting to switch back.

oh I have a suggestion .. go back to the old ones they worked fine .. these ones suck ....u here that ratsun ... the new classy's suck and worse u know it and u wont do shit about it ....and that's more insulting to your customer base then the sad excuse for a classified section......if my wagon doesn't get done im blaming the lack of ability to sell and find parts on my favorite site ever......come on haven't we lost enough ......jesus pull the plug ....I think the only way u could make these classifieds better is just by not having classifieds anymore.....its the old coke or nothing ..... shit ratsun even coke gave up on the new int here product and went back to what works .....WTF ARE WE WATING FOR .....!!!!!!

Read the fucking title of this thread. Now read it again. Once more just in case. No where does it say to bitch about the new classifieds so contribute and stay on topic or stay out..

• Like 2

Mandatory pictures for seller's ads would be great. People's idea of "mint" can REALLY vary as I have seen.

For the WTB ads, just create another section for those, keep them out of the sell list. Not only could you require pictures for seller ads, and not for WTB ads, it would also clean up the sell list so it would help to find what you need. I've often seen a word of what I am looking for, only to read the full title and go awh, they want it too. Bummer.

To add one more layer of awesome to that setup, this would also give people with parts an easy way to find buyers.

BAM!

Mandatory pictures for seller's ads would be great. People's idea of "mint" can REALLY vary as I have seen.

For the WTB ads, just create another section for those, keep them out of the sell list. Not only could you require pictures for seller ads, and not for WTB ads, it would also clean up the sell list so it would help to find what you need. I've often seen a word of what I am looking for, only to read the full title and go awh, they want it too. Bummer.

To add one more layer of awesome to that setup, this would also give people with parts an easy way to find buyers.

BAM!

You can already separate them by type... on the right there is a drop down that by default says "All Advert Types." If you click it, you can select what type of ads youd like to view... 

You can already separate them by type... on the right there is a drop down that by default says "All Advert Types." If you click it, you can select what type of ads youd like to view... 

Right on, thanks! I thought that did something completely different when I looked at it lol...  :poke:

I know what he's saying though, when I get an email notification that a new classy has been added, I read the title, click it, and then I find out it is a WTB ad.  So from that stand point, it would be nice if the WTB ads automatically put "WTB" in the title.... Not sure if that's possible.  Not really a big deal if it's not.

Read the fucking title of this thread. Now read it again. Once more just in case. No where does it say to bitch about the new classifieds so contribute and stay on topic or stay out..

But what if I think that is an improvement?

Oh wait, I know the answer...

• Like 2

Too long to read. 

I do have a suggestion. 

Separate the classified to 2 sections with 2 subsections in each.

Cars

-WTB

-WTS

Parts

-WTB

-WTS

Not the subsections where each specific category is covered. 

That is so painful to sift looking for anything useful. 

Remove all the other bits. Hire someone like TP to monitor just the classifieds. 

Just make it more user friendly. 

• Like 1

Seems like what everyone is missing, is the discussions that went on in the old classified's. 

Seems like the problem with the old classified's is they didn't expire. Understandably a maintenance headache.

So how about making forum based classifieds that expire?

I don't know shit about computers, much less how to build and maintain a website. 

I don't think that's been brought up yet.... Sounds like a great compromise....

Could you just make the current system, discussion based? I know there is place to openly ask questions on each ad, but is there a way to make it an open discussion?

-----now I remember-----

I think one of the major issues people have with the new system is the fact that they do expire. This doesn't allow for a historic representation of pricing or a record of compatibility for parts, which is what I think people are arguing that the discussion benefitted.

...So could the current system be discussion based with an expiration, but then archived?....

• Like 1

I think the major problem is they don't show up in the new content.

That let's peoples ads slip and be unseen.

I do like the discussion part, but that was a problem with the old style too.

An ad shouldn't have pages of GLWS posts and trolling.

The new classifieds are a nightmare to deal with.

Painful to navigate and locate what one wants.

Too long to read. 

I do have a suggestion. 

Separate the classified to 2 sections with 2 subsections in each.

Cars

-WTB

-WTS

Parts

-WTB

-WTS

Not the subsections where each specific category is covered. 

That is so painful to sift looking for anything useful. 

Remove all the other bits. Hire someone like TP to monitor just the classifieds. 

Just make it more user friendly. 

If cars then only Datsun/Nissan cars? We have had a '63 Ford station wagon for sale here. It was included as a favor to a Datsun owner who had one. Should we exclude non Datsun?  do we want to see Hondas and Aztecs sold here? Maybe allow non Datsun in General Discussion instead?

Seems like what everyone is missing, is the discussions that went on in the old classified's. 

Seems like the problem with the old classified's is they didn't expire. Understandably a maintenance headache.

So how about making forum based classifieds that expire?

I don't know shit about computers, much less how to build and maintain a website. 

I don't think that's been brought up yet.... Sounds like a great compromise....

Could you just make the current system, discussion based? I know there is place to openly ask questions on each ad, but is there a way to make it an open discussion?

-----now I remember-----

I think one of the major issues people have with the new system is the fact that they do expire. This doesn't allow for a historic representation of pricing or a record of compatibility for parts, which is what I think people are arguing that the discussion benefitted.

...So could the current system be discussion based with an expiration, but then archived?....

Craigslist and E-Bay ads expire so why not? Posters are often too lazy to ask for a closure and even if they post that 'the item was sold', a year later someone dredges it up and asks again. By all means make it easy to extend your for sale ad and up date it. If you fail to keep it up it is then assumed to be of no interest to you or buyers and is closed.

Historic representational of pricing/compatibility? archived?.... I don't think it's worth the bother. No one wants to search for hours when they can ask on line. Generally something sells for what it sells for, never mind that it was cheaper two years ago.

Open discussion on for sale ads invited all manner of derailments, (guilty) trolling, socializing and flaming about prices (and constant reminders to not do so) and the ubiquitous  GLWS comments by people who have no interest in the sale other than to say this. Any discussions would have to be tightly monitored and restricted and severely dealt with. Maybe a day off.

I think the major problem is they don't show up in the new content.

That let's peoples ads slip and be unseen.

Set the time period for two weeks instead of a month and repost the ad in two weeks.  I value being able to read a classified ad without having to sift through "Bump",  "GLWS", "I want!", "PM sent", and other useless conversations. Kinda like the point you made here:

I do like the discussion part, but that was a problem with the old style too.

An ad shouldn't have pages of GLWS posts and trolling.

And it will always happen......ALWAYS....no matter how stern a warning tools get.  Thus, the new format eliminates that nonsense and the pages and pages of useless data to fill the servers.

Lastly....

No photos with classifieds is annoying and I'm guilty.  But, it's basic marketing 101...if you want your stuff to sell quick provide a photo.  Those who don't (me included) figure out laziness doesn't work and if I want to sell something quick I have to include a photo.  But, the point is, it gets learned eventually through the hard way.  Let it work its course.