New Classifieds; Improvement Suggestions only

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather we kept it all in one thread. This will just devolve into the other thread.

It's like Tristin said, all the good suggestions get lost in the other thread.  If you want to delete this thread, go ahead.  It won't bother me, I'm just trying to help out.

They go under bro, because it was accepted long ago that there are not suggestions for the new classifieds, or questions, or concerns, just a bunch of fat old un unsatisfied women. And my curlers have no hope for the ratbay ads, no one else does either. So ill just sit back and play bingo I guess, and be unsatisfied.

So what happened with the new Classifieds and having to have pictures to be able to post?  I thought pictures were one of the great new requirements.  I see a few new ads without pictures.  To me, that's annoying.  How do you expect to sell anything without pictures? 

Example:

If your going to list a car for near $5000, wait to post when you actually have pictures. 

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/452-1969-datsun-510-2door/

So what happened with the new Classifieds and having to have pictures to be able to post?  I thought pictures were one of the great new requirements.  I see a few new ads without pictures.  To me, that's annoying.  How do you expect to sell anything without pictures? 

Example:

If your going to list a car for near $5000, wait to post when you actually have pictures. 

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/452-1969-datsun-510-2door/

That feature was removed because it meant that WTB ads required a picture as well. 

I didn't have a problem with that.  My WTB ad, I just took a picture of my broken "510" script and put that I need a good one.  There's no reason people can find a picture of what they WTB and post it.

Actually its better that way.  People don't have to ask "do you mean you want this part, or that part?"  "What do yo mean by fender extensions?  Do you mean Headlight molding? or the trim piece that goes around it?"

I'm not sure that statement makes sense to anyone other than me.  My point is:  I've seen people call this (part in pic) by different names, and it can be difficult without a picture to know what someone is talking about.

*** I will ad a Picture in minute, I will take one of one of mine and post it*****

It literally took me less than 5 minutes to go out, take a picture, upload to photobucket, and post it on this page.  Why is it so hard for other people to do that with any ad?

001-5.jpg

I didn't have a problem with that.  My WTB ad, I just took a picture of my broken "510" script and put that I need a good one.  There's no reason people can find a picture of what they WTB and post it.

Thats what I thought too... thought it was convient to have a picture of what youre looking for to make sure people offered the right item. 

I suggest we stop complaining about the classifieds adds.  

Some people don't have access to a camera to take pictures,  so F them they cant sell?  I agree totally on pictures can make a sell but that's not always the case.

I see your point about making an add and saying you'll have pictures up later.. pointless .. but I still haven't read a "suggestion" on this topic yet.

I'm not complaining.  I was asking what happened to the requirement.  I thought it was a good requirement, and I'm suggesting we re-implement it.

I personally don't know anyone with out a camera.  My 81 year old grandma has a digital camera, and knows how to download pics.  Most cell phones, even if not a smart phone, has a camera.

Some people don't have access to a camera to take pictures,  so F them they cant sell?  I agree totally on pictures can make a sell but that's not always the case.

I see your point about making an add and saying you'll have pictures up later.. pointless .. but I still haven't read a "suggestion" on this topic yet.

Jewish people stopped complaining once.........

• Like 1

Youre in the wrong thread there buddy. No one that actually cares about the New Classifieds is complaining here. Just making suggestions for tweaks to improve the new system. 

And even a stock picture of the item is better than nothing. With so many variations on parts and people decisions to make ads with one or two simple sentences... pictures can answer a lot of questions. So yes, they are important and should be required. 

there are no improvements, its perfect as it is. anyone that thinks otherwise will be ignored or ridiculed.

Not all. I know what point youre trying to make and I think its a little ridiculous that no one has talked about your suggestion, but Thomas is working on quite a few things for the Classifieds. It really surprising that Mike has said nothing to you... Im not sure what his issue is. 

I get that Thomas is busy, he wasn't the one any of what became my ranting was aimed at.  it was aimed at the 2 that ignored the 3 or 4 of us that brought up the same point, while taking the time to respond to people basically saying go back to the old style(which has been said over and over and over and over that it aint happening) or taking the time to flip people shit.  i'm guessing with all the free time they say they have now that they don't have to police the classifieds, they've gotten bored and locking threads by people that don't know whats going on is what they've started doing to fill the time.  at least that's what I tell myself so I can at least laugh about it.  I have enough meltdowns when i'm at work, I don't need to have them at home too lol.