New Classifieds; Improvement Suggestions only

My post where from when the change took effect. I didnt sift thru it all, of course it was ridiculous. Went to like page 6 and quit quoteing.

Imma whine and bitch. Am I like that in person.. fuck ....yes. Come hang out. We can sift thru 44 pages of people being bitches in one way or the other. I think I eventuly had several valid points. Maybe.

Every one who posted in that thread or this one was being a bitch about one thing or another. And the next classifieds post that pops up im going to be a bitch in that one probably, like everyone else who post in it.

I think the classifieds should brake off all together. Be something else completely.

Let tristan run it.

Every irrational post ive made on the internet, was about the classifieds one way or the other.. Because it feals like an irrational decision.

Irrationality spreads like a swim team menstruation. Make it sound like there where six mods hovering around the classifieds up late at night on call and shit.

I baught alot of stuff I shouldnt have because I did use the classifieds alot. I have made one post in the new classifieds just toanswer some of my own questions.

Dont like it. Hate it infact. Posted several "questions" dont like it. I do like that the negs.. are kinda back. That is actuly great. Selling rep is awsome, allways thought it was hard to look threw the the feed back threads and try and see if some one had good seller history.

The rest is ratsun shitting the bed.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My post where from when the change took effect. I didnt sift thru it all, of course it was ridiculous. Went to like page 6 and quit quoteing.

Imma whine and bitch. Am I like that in person.. fuck ....yes. Come hang out. We can sift thru 44 pages of people being bitches in one way or the other. I think I eventuly had several valid points. Maybe.

Every one who posted in that thread or this one was being a bitch about one thing or another. And the next classifieds post that pops up im going to be a bitch in that one probably, like everyone else who post in it.

I think the classifieds should brake off all together. Be something else completely.

Let tristan run it.

Every irrational post ive made on the internet, was about the classifieds one way or the other.. Because it feals like an irrational decision.

Irrationality spreads like a swim team menstruation. Make it sound like there where six mods hovering around the classifieds up late at night on call and shit.

I baught alot of stuff I shouldnt have because I did use the classifieds alot. I have made one post in the new classifieds just toanswer some of my own questions.

Dont like it. Hate it infact. Posted several "questions" dont like it. I do like that the negs.. are kinda back. That is actuly great. Selling rep is awsome, allways thought it was hard to look threw the the feed back threads and try and see if some one had good seller history.

You got me.  I'm completely uncertain whether you're just messing with us, off your meds, or should see about getting a prescription for meds.

Well played, sir.  Well played.

I do like that the negs.. are kinda back. That is actuly great. Selling rep is awsome, allways thought it was hard to look threw the the feed back threads and try and see if some one had good seller history.

I've posted this before and I'm stuck on it.

The value to me with classifieds are the valued discussions that go with them. The thread style classifieds proved insanely valuable for specifications, tuning, history and fair market values (FMV), etc. The new classifieds do not support that in any searchable function that I am aware of. I would request that we change the format slightly like one of my other forums who have had the same issues. It seems to be the same software. Here's my proposal:

To keep the classifieds clean, maintain the new current format BUT add in subsections for discussions as displayed below. This will return the classifieds value back to it's previous glory by letting us document the parts details.

Would it help if I said PLEASE?

k9d.png

• Like 5

k9d.png

Ive seen something similar before as well and hopefully something like this can be incorporated. I think that while you could create a thread to discuss a product if youre unclear of something, I think a lost faction is also the loss of price trends. Its nice to see what things are selling for, had sold for, what prices dont work, and such. After two weeks all the ads go way and you no longer see what kind of parts are out there or what they are valued at. 

I second the discussion part, and the price trends.  I think those two issues are a probably the most important to the people complaining and even those who aren't complaining.

Straight up Mods, is there any way to incorporate those two topics into the new classifieds?

• Like 2

The value to me with classifieds are the valued discussions that go with them. The thread style classifieds proved insanely valuable for specifications, tuning, history and fair market values (FMV), etc. The new classifieds do not support that in any searchable function that I am aware of. I would request that we change the format slightly like one of my other forums who have had the same issues. It seems to be the same software. Here's my proposal:

To keep the classifieds clean, maintain the new current format BUT add in subsections for discussions as displayed below. This will return the classifieds value back to it's previous glory by letting us document the parts details.

k9d.png

Ran it up the flagpole, it is good idea.

• Like 1

k9d.png

Good compromise. 

• Like 1

I just want the old classifieds back. They worked just fine. I don't understand why you guys changed them to begin with. I mean, I know the reasons you stated, but to me that didn't seem to warrant such a drastic change. Seems like you guys over-reacted. So what if there's some people posting in the ads with their first post? I'm ok with having to deal with a few "issues" from posters, to have the old simple useable format back.

• Like 2

I just want the old classifieds back. They worked just fine. I don't understand why you guys changed them to begin with. I mean, I know the reasons you stated, but to me that didn't seem to warrant such a drastic change. Seems like you guys over-reacted. So what if there's some people posting in the ads with their first post? I'm ok with having to deal with a few "issues" from posters, to have the old simple useable format back.

From your viewpoint they may have been fine, but from the mods viewpoint they were a nightmare. See this thread and the locked new classifieds thread and the absolute BS that has gone on in them. Much less hassle from a moderation stand point. 

We are getting rid of the 25 post limit, it worked well with the old classifieds, not so much with the new ones.

The new ones are a simple usable format. The new ads even show up on the right of the forum front page. 

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

We are getting rid of the 25 post limit,>>>>>>it worked well with the old classifieds<<<<<<<, not so much with the new ones.

We had a 25 post limit in the old classifieds

huh.gif

this. And nothing less than this.