New Classifieds; Improvement Suggestions only

I suggest we stop complaining about the classifieds adds.  

Some people don't have access to a camera to take pictures,  so F them they cant sell?  I agree totally on pictures can make a sell but that's not always the case.

I see your point about making an add and saying you'll have pictures up later.. pointless .. but I still haven't read a "suggestion" on this topic yet.

There's something wrong today if someone can't get a picture of something. Seriously wrong.

I get that Thomas is busy, he wasn't the one any of what became my ranting was aimed at.  it was aimed at the 2 that ignored the 3 or 4 of us that brought up the same point, while taking the time to respond to people basically saying go back to the old style(which has been said over and over and over and over that it aint happening) or taking the time to flip people shit.  i'm guessing with all the free time they say they have now that they don't have to police the classifieds, they've gotten bored and locking threads by people that don't know whats going on is what they've started doing to fill the time.  at least that's what I tell myself so I can at least laugh about it.  I have enough meltdowns when i'm at work, I don't need to have them at home too lol.

Maybe they didn't have an answer. This was after all Thomas' thread. If flipping shit is telling someone to stop whining find one of my posts that says that. (other than this one) Though I certainly was provoked enough. ... and here you are on a second thread clearly marked "Improvement Suggestions Only"..... whining.

Go out and work on your Datsun.

• Like 1
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something wrong today if someone can't get a picture of something. Seriously wrong.

I don't own a camera, and my phone refuses to download pictures onto my computer. most of my friends are younger and broke as fuck with no need for a camera, and the ones that aren't or do need a camera live states away from me. my parents digital broke about 6 years ago, and they never bothered to replace it because they didn't have a need for a camera.  in some cases one could find pictures online of whatever it is they need a picture of. but if they don't know the name of it most will get frustrated and just give up the search after a little while. just because the technology is available doesn't mean everyone has it. case in point...you're not on FB because you don't need it. 

devilsbullet, on 16 Jun 2013 - 2:30 PM, said:snapback.png

I don't own a camera, and my phone refuses to download pictures onto my computer. most of my friends are younger and broke as fuck with no need for a camera, and the ones that aren't or do need a camera live states away from me. my parents digital broke about 6 years ago, and they never bothered to replace it because they didn't have a need for a camera.  in some cases one could find pictures online of whatever it is they need a picture of. but if they don't know the name of it most will get frustrated and just give up the search after a little while. just because the technology is available doesn't mean everyone has it. case in point...you're not on FB because you don't need it. 

I've got plenty of retorts for this comment, but there is no point.  My words will be wasted, and these are exactly the comments that aren't needed in this thread.

This next comment isn't fully directed at devilsbullet, but to all who are complaining and being non productive towards the cause.

The only thing that needs to be in this thread is productive suggestions or recommendations as to the improvement of the classifieds.

They aren't changing it back, so help them make it better.

All other comments in this thread are just put here to provoke and get attention.

I fully understand why Mike gave up trying to be nice sometimes.  Some of you guys just get on to push buttons.  Give the Mods a break, they work hard to keep this Forum alive and some of you just shit on them.  And I doubt it, but those of you who shit on them the most, should be making the largest donations to keep this place alive.  Because your the ones making it more difficult for them.

sorry for the threadjack then, but klassic, before you start pointing fingers, go read why i'm whining first(and yes mike, i'll admit it, i'm WHINING). my flipping shit comment had nothing to do with you telling anyone to stop whining, that I understand, and is why I stopped actually whining about it and trying to make suggestions to improve.  it was about your or 50...maybe 100...comment to banner. and the fact that after asking us to only post useful comments to improve, only certain ones were (seemingly) payed attention to. the first 3 times I posted the suggestion, I was polite about it(though not everyone was when they echoed it).  a simple "we don't know yet" would have sufficed, as it did when Thomas stated it. I fully understand too, as klassic said, why you gave up being nice sometimes. just like the rest of us you can only take so much shit before you start responding to shit with shit.  and when i'm being a dick, as I started being, I understand why I get attitude right back, I fully deserve it.  with that being said, Thomas answered me, I understand now why it hasn't been gotten around to yet, I've voiced why I had a problem with how it was handled, and i'm not here to pick a fight. I know they aren't going back to the way they were, i'm ok with that, I was honestly looking at a way to make the mods jobs slightly easier by not having to explain in every thread posting something FS in general that the poster needs 25 posts, and then having to lock the thread.  i'm sorry that I ended up getting pissy, I have a short temper that I've been trying to control my entire life. it still manages to get away from me, I am human.  and to mike specifically, i'm sorry FOR provoking you.  its not helpful to the community in general, or my cause specifically.

sorry for the threadjack then, but klassic, before you start pointing fingers, go read why i'm whining first(and yes mike, i'll admit it, i'm WHINING). my flipping shit comment had nothing to do with you telling anyone to stop whining, that I understand, and is why I stopped actually whining about it and trying to make suggestions to improve.  it was about your or 50...maybe 100...comment to banner. and the fact that after asking us to only post useful comments to improve, only certain ones were (seemingly) payed attention to. the first 3 times I posted the suggestion, I was polite about it(though not everyone was when they echoed it).  a simple "we don't know yet" would have sufficed, as it did when Thomas stated it. I fully understand too, as klassic said, why you gave up being nice sometimes. just like the rest of us you can only take so much shit before you start responding to shit with shit.  and when i'm being a dick, as I started being, I understand why I get attitude right back, I fully deserve it.  with that being said, Thomas answered me, I understand now why it hasn't been gotten around to yet, I've voiced why I had a problem with how it was handled, and i'm not here to pick a fight. I know they aren't going back to the way they were, i'm ok with that, I was honestly looking at a way to make the mods jobs slightly easier by not having to explain in every thread posting something FS in general that the poster needs 25 posts, and then having to lock the thread.  i'm sorry that I ended up getting pissy, I have a short temper that I've been trying to control my entire life. it still manages to get away from me, I am human.  and to mike specifically, i'm sorry FOR provoking you.  its not helpful to the community in general, or my cause specifically.

Good Point. 

First off; If people could use this thread for suggestions only, it would make it easier on the mods to read them and try to respond.  When all the other BS gets thrown in, the system gets bogged down.  I had hopes to help clean up some of the 46 pages of BS to a simple thread where there was no BS.

Second I totally understand where your dissatisfaction comes from.  I've had many a boss not explain "why", and just give a response like "I'll see".  In order to lead your people, you have to explain how the system works, and what your doing about their concerns.  Otherwise, people get frustrated and "go off the hook".

My rant:  The problem comes when you get this many people together in one place, personalities are going to clash.  Combine that with the fact that we are all typing words, and true meaning from expression of voice and body language is lost.  Add in a few Asses that just want to provoke, and everything gets lost in translation.

I would not donate to.ratsun again. Have several times in the past, and sold parts to a few folks for there donations. As in you could have it if you donate 5$ or whatever you can when you can.

I wouldnt donate again. If I was a regular donater to anything or organization who would change policies or practices to something I didnt agree with I would quit donating. Like anyone would.

My whole issue was that last time it was made clear that it was much preffered if someone came out and anouncrled drastic xxx changes like the classifieds.

Wich leads me to what I feal is the most relevant suggestion in this thread.

Communicate.

I had several concerns that where just blown over. Probably 8 that I listed multiple times.

Shits weak.

So........ we're good then.

• Like 1

So........ we're good then.

i'm assuming this is you saying that you agree I was being an idiot and accepting my apology. in which case, yes, we're good lol.  I have no reason to hold onto the past once something has been aired out.

I would not donate to.ratsun again. Have several times in the past, and sold parts to a few folks for there donations. As in you could have it if you donate 5$ or whatever you can when you can.

I wouldnt donate again. If I was a regular donater to anything or organization who would change policies or practices to something I didnt agree with I would quit donating. Like anyone would.

My whole issue was that last time it was made clear that it was much preffered if someone came out and anouncrled drastic xxx changes like the classifieds.

Wich leads me to what I feal is the most relevant suggestion in this thread.

Communicate.

I had several concerns that where just blown over. Probably 8 that I listed multiple times.

Shits weak.

Which 8? Hard to find them amid your trolling and one liner posts... perhaps you should work on communicating as well?

• Like 4

What is with the time limit? Can we do auctions now or something? Maybe all these questions would answer them selves.

If I donate sperm,,,, can I get a sperm donor tag?

Actuly for real, could I donate and not get the donater tag... its looks and feals like a little class system I dont care for much. Like something about the clasifieds, hate others blah blah blah. . . Eventuly datsun.

Yeah whats up.with the time differences, features, and should I just try and sell an open skyline hotwheel for 100$ and check out the process my self.

How about whats with the time limit, and "feature" items. What al that about.

waa waa waa, I didnt say anything to warrant a ban. So im not even worried, but -1any who. Ill mark it on the chalk board when I get home.IKnowThatFeelBro_zpse2227a62.jpg

And what is with the frickin time limit and "featured" stuff.... I reread thru most of this and may have missed anethe explanation.... but I dont think there was one.

What about the sticker threads, or the fiberglass thread, or the canam thread. And again id like to know, is the buyer seller feed back going in general discussion? Or?

Featured. Wtf does it mean... ive asked several times. Ill start a thread about.Screenshot_2013-05-12-12-27-35_zpsb323ac

just a few examples of your incompetence to answer a question.

Hope im communicating this properly.

Hey RedBanner, are you this much of a tool in person too?  Just wondering.

Time limits - kill off the necromancer threads that people bump from 8 years ago.

Donor tags, featured tags - quickly remedied, no longer an issue.

Sticker thread, fiberglass thread, can/am thread - can they not be reposted?  ON NO EXTRA WORK THE HORROR.  ON NO, THEY CAN BE DISCUSSED IN GENERAL OR TECHNICAL?!?!

I'm not a mod but I can think for myself and don't need to whine about inconsequential bs that doesn't even warrant an answer anymore because it's been resolved already.

What is with the time limit? Can we do auctions now or something? Maybe all these questions would answer them selves.

If I donate sperm,,,, can I get a sperm donor tag?

Actuly for real, could I donate and not get the donater tag... its looks and feals like a little class system I dont care for much. Like something about the clasifieds, hate others blah blah blah. . . Eventuly datsun.

Yeah whats up.with the time differences, features, and should I just try and sell an open skyline hotwheel for 100$ and check out the process my self.

How about whats with the time limit, and "feature" items. What al that about.

waa waa waa, I didnt say anything to warrant a ban. So im not even worried, but -1any who. Ill mark it on the chalk board when I get home.IKnowThatFeelBro_zpse2227a62.jpg

And what is with the frickin time limit and "featured" stuff.... I reread thru most of this and may have missed anethe explanation.... but I dont think there was one.

What about the sticker threads, or the fiberglass thread, or the canam thread. And again id like to know, is the buyer seller feed back going in general discussion? Or?

Featured. Wtf does it mean... ive asked several times. Ill start a thread about.Screenshot_2013-05-12-12-27-35_zpsb323ac

just a few examples of your incompetence to answer a question.

Hope im communicating this properly.

Time limit = does this count as your 8 questions

Auctions = Never in the classifieds....still not in the classifieds.

Donor tag was resolved = Nothing to do with the thread topic

Checking out the process yourself. = Great idea...maybe after you use it you could come up with some thought out suggestions.

Featured Items = was a weird mod thing and this was answered directly.

Sticky threads = in the old classified section, we are working on a vendor section.

So that is like 6 questions, almost all of which were answered in the other thread, one of which has nothing to do with the classifieds.  Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension and your math skills as well. 

Or just keep on posting trolling posts that most people don't bother to read...

• Like 4

2nd post and now 3 pages later. Looks like you were spot on.

That's only because people don't read, listen, or follow instructions. 

I've come to realize, most people just want to talk on here about nothing just so they will be heard. 

And every response to these comments, like yours and mine right here, just ad more garbage to a thread that had potential of being useful.

Ce'st la vie

Everything I've seen,  ]2eDeYe, DatzenMike and I think Thomas, have been answering the questions that are getting asked.  At least the questions that are well laid out and understandable....

If there were communication errors earlier, they seem to be getting solved now.

Everything I've seen,  ]2eDeYe, DatsunMike and I think Thomas, have been answering the questions that are getting asked.  At least the questions that are well laid out and understandable....

If there were communication errors earlier, they seem to be getting solved now.

To be fair, there were a few questions that went unanswered for quite some time. I will say that most have been resolved, but there was a bunch of mods coming into that thread and ignoring people for quite some time. 

It doesnt help the situation when people post like idiots in there and spam a bunch. Im sure it gets tiring sifting through 44 pages of thread to find a constructive comment/question. 

• Like 1