New Classifieds; Improvement Suggestions only

Thing is, you can have a discussion directly in the ad via the questions tab. I have used it and it works well for that.

An example is a LSD that was posted and the ad said 'works for all models'. So I posted in the question area stating the differences between the 510 and 620 differentials and he clarified that it was a IRS 510 diff. I thanked him, again in the question tab.

So the capability is there, it just needs to be utilized.

Another nice thing is that the ad creator can report any questions that don't pertain to the ad and in that way moderate the conversation about the ad.

• Like 1
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've submitted questions before and it does work fine, you're right. However, one of the biggest complaints about the classifieds as a whole is that whatever discussion there might be is lost when the ad expires or is removed. I've gone back and searched through the old classifieds quite a bit looking for information here or there - that is not something that can be done at all with the new format and a change like this would bring that functionality back.

Regardless, I've successfully bought and sold with the old and new and will continue to use what we have but since this thread exists...

• Like 1

You speak very reasonably and I just liked your posts twice as a result, so now this thread will be probably be locked.  Sorry.

Thanks...

I'm not here to stir up shit - I just figured since they're open to suggestions I'd throw my $0.02 in.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I just listed my first advert with multiple pictures. Why doesn't the photo uploader post my photos in the order I load them?  Not only that, but I wanted the first photo I posted to be my preview/thumbnail pic on the classifieds page.  All other websites with classifieds that I've ever posted to, posts your photos in order of upload.....  Can this be fixed?

• Like 2