New Classifieds; Improvement Suggestions only

I can see the horn button is missing from far away ... I have no needs to see the splines but more curious to the over all condition if u catch my drift.....would u buy a car if only a picture of mintly painted front left fender was pictured...like being told your gear set is at the park and ride in Everett only to drive there and find no black berry bushes nor gear set and now u are the object of epic internet troll burn ....

• Like 2
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

listen 1600 I pay extra for parts when I get them .. .moneys not the fucking problem.........the price is fucking fine ... the add is fucking fine .... but the pic is of the horn button missing which u could see if he took the pic from across the room which at least then u could fucking see the wheel is "cracked" in half or maybe a splinter from that vantage point....but photograohing a obvious missing part and not the crack or the whole fucking wheel is a obvious concern....I got excited ...clicked the add, then was disappointed ......and then started the stupid process of hating the classys all over again ....fuck it I make wtb threads and let them b locked....its funny how a forum could allow a wedge to be cast across the whole site and another,  over the classys .... is it just me that finds that the whole basis of ratsun and other Datsun forums has been trumped ....don't fix them .. let them wallow in there first page 15 minute bump fest that it is ....hey wtb 10mm fine thread nut for my Datsun .... "bumpo"

my point is there is no consistency in the classifieds .. the stabs in the dark as a attempt to fix things is the problem.... sorry I guess to much coffee... new classys old classys who cares right

I can see the horn button is missing from far away ... I have no needs to see the splines but more curious to the over all condition if u catch my drift.....would u buy a car if only a picture of mintly painted front left fender was pictured...like being told your gear set is at the park and ride in Everett only to drive there and find no black berry bushes nor gear set and now u are the object of epic internet troll burn ....

Scroll to the left on the pictures arrow(s)  <   >  in decoy's ad. ... 3 moar pictures for the jrock4224 ... 4 pics in the ad total bro :console:

Maybe I'm just slow and missed the whole point .. sorry if that's the case cuz it happens a lot ... lol.

at least you got to eat some black berry's if that were to happen lol  ! I HATE black berry bushes ... bastards.

even more reason why the classys are dumb that shouldn't happen and u should be able to select your gallery pic.......and secondly why doies my quick reply do this shit where it pre selcts stupid shit like me crossing out my point ....

internet sesoring not cool bro ....

see even in a edit .....

]

stop that

internet stop it .,..

fuck It I manually deselect u ...anyway .... I figured the 4 pics would pop up but yes when u hit the left arrow it shows the other oics.... my bad ......im gonna go suck some dicks so I can afford that wheel now ....

• Like 1

listen 1600 I pay extra for parts when I get them .. .moneys not the fucking problem.........the price is fucking fine ... the add is fucking fine .... but the pic is of the horn button missing which u could see if he took the pic from across the room which at least then u could fucking see the wheel is "cracked" in half or maybe a splinter from that vantage point....but photograohing a obvious missing part and not the crack or the whole fucking wheel is a obvious concern....I got excited ...clicked the add, then was disappointed ......and then started the stupid process of hating the classys all over again ....fuck it I make wtb threads and let them b locked....its funny how a forum could allow a wedge to be cast across the whole site and another,  over the classys .... is it just me that finds that the whole basis of ratsun and other Datsun forums has been trumped ....don't fix them .. let them wallow in there first page 15 minute bump fest that it is ....hey wtb 10mm fine thread nut for my Datsun .... "bumpo"

my point is there is no consistency in the classifieds .. the stabs in the dark as a attempt to fix things is the problem.... sorry I guess to much coffee... new classys old classys who cares right

Clearly I read too much into your post. I wish I could say that was a first for me today...

eating-crow.jpg

• Like 1

that's all I saw too on full version ... I want a vintage wheel ... but yeah I overreacted like a bitch .....afterall that's how I got my title .... we should start a how to change your title thread...

I'm sure you've looked at them already but ...

240z OEM steering wheel with a horn button (always falls off while you're driving lol).

You can look for one of those to , but not sure if that's even close to the style or size you want.

Spline should fit.

240z OEM steering wheel with a horn button (always falls off while you're driving lol).

You can look for one of those to , but not sure if that's even close to the style or size you want.

Spline should fit.

hans just bought one of those z wheels for his sedan ... I like it but I just hate how tiny they feel ... since my seats will be latemdoel stuff prolly just stick with the drift fan boy momo...to match honduhhhhh themed interior

• Like 1

Spline should fit.

I picked up a 240z wheel for my car and it definitely fits but the signal cancellation pins are in a different position than the stock 510 wheel. I had mine on for a bit and it seemed to work Ok, but there were times I had to manually cancel my turn signal.

• Like 1

hans just bought one of those z wheels for his sedan ... I like it but I just hate how tiny they feel ... since my seats will be latemdoel stuff prolly just stick with the drift fan boy momo...to match honduhhhhh themed interior

oh yeah I have that same thought that goes through my mind while rollin my z's ...

It digs into your hands after long trips especially ..... but my hands are like cookie monsters ... sausage finger like with the squish squish ...

momo should be good and that makes 100% sense on the space for sure... as well as matching hernduh stuffola.

I picked up a 240z wheel for my car and it definitely fits but the signal cancellation pins are in a different position than the stock 510 wheel. I had mine on for a bit and it seemed to work Ok, but there were times I had to manually cancel my turn signal.

I had no idea that was an quirk of an issue ...  thanks for the tip !  (mentally noted)

I've never owned a 510 , but obviously know people that do lol.

So, What I got out of that, and it mirrors a thought I had the other day;  Why do the ads automatically take you to the end of the picture set?  Is there a way we can get them to show all the pictures listed, without having to scroll to the sides?   Or, could the pics at the begging of the picture set, be the pics seen first, when viewing the ad?

Ok, so I have a suggestion for the classifieds that maybe could combine the old and new a little better. I'm not sure how much control the mods have over the classifieds format, but this could be a good way to add some much missed functionality from the old format.

On the classified ad, have a link to 'Discuss'. If it's being clicked for the first time, a new thread is started with the title being the title of the classified listing. Once a thread has been created, a post count for the thread is displayed (or something to indicate there is a discussion started) and if someone else clicks on the link they are automatically taken to that thread (maybe open up in a new tab). If there is a discussion thread, it can be accessed via the classified listing or by going directly to that folder. Once the classified ad expires or is removed, a trigger of some sort locks the thread. New topics in the discussions folder should only be allowed when clicking on the 'Discuss' link from a classified ad.

Ratsun_zps829ef0f4.png

• Like 1

I agree it would be nice to flip flop back and forth between ad and discussion easier. One of the drawbacks to a discussion is having it leave it's intended purpose and getting out of hand. At the least it becomes bloated with 'good luck with sale (GLWS)' posts by people who are nothing but tourists with nothing better to do than hang out there. Usually they are not even interested in buying or ask obvious or disruptive questions... basically troling.

• Like 1

My first thought was that the thread be read-only unless accessed via the classified ad - I think that would cut down on a lot of the unnecessary posts but then it would make it harder for people actually involved in the discussion to get to it. Maybe if there was a way to make it read-only unless accessed via the ad or if the user has already posted in the thread. I know it's something I could do in my little development world, but I'm not sure how well that translates to web development.