• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 2:40 PM, Aaron Datsun said:

3800, and a hug.

Seriously though would love to know if he decides on a price and what that is, assuming you don't buy it from him when he settles on the price.

Watchit mister, you may owe me a hug.😁

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

So...still working on the 411 thing. Might have that sorted by the time The Williams show arrives...but will still take the grey coupe as it was at the very first show held in the Dairy Queen parking lot.

Anywho, since this is the wagoon thread...

I bought this thing in May of 2013 from Dastunfreak and now it is finally in the prime spot. With any luck by this time next year I'll be able to drive it.

GOPs9be.jpg

GIO6tOk.jpg

ID4mPf3.jpg

• Like 4
On 7/19/2020 at 4:07 PM, KELMO said:

Close but not quite.

zit1v64.jpg

There, that's better.

1wjUscY.jpg

Pretty happy with the result.

S7Vxrei.jpg

Door rubber stoppers too.

EmhGfdf.jpg

Datsport Rubbers.

I just did all mine. I have all NOS rubbers except those quarter rubbers the back door rubbers and the back glass. If you are doing more installation use a powder in all the grooves as it will be easier to install. Also the quarter windows area pain there rubber is good but really soft so good and bad.

All of the rubbers for this one are from Datsport. When you say quarter windows, do you mean the very back window on the side (cargo area)? I have done those once before on a goon and did not seem too difficult.

2 hours ago, KELMO said:

All of the rubbers for this one are from Datsport. When you say quarter windows, do you mean the very back window on the side (cargo area)? I have done those once before on a goon and did not seem too difficult.

The small glass on the back doors, all east to do but the rubber is so soft that it works with you and against you. And yes the back glass as well it was easy to install but not the best fitment. 

Welp, may as well start somewhere, right?

Belt mouldings, this should be easy.

31ZGW27.jpg

These little staples must be made of Kryptonite.

BcS4QZH.jpg

Had to futz with these most of the day. To be honest, I  was doing a bit of day drinking.

Since I do not have a Kryptonite stapler machine I decided to rivet them together. Drill a little hole.

VLRuc7E.jpg

So, I drilled the holes prior to taking every thing apart. Who knew them binder clips could be used for things other than installing a headliner.

U6YeFO0.jpg

Finished product...on one effing door. Been working on the driver door today and no, it is not done.

xnAyMNg.jpg

Some of the stuff whats been stashed in the cargo area. If I ever finish the belt mouldings, the headliner is next up (I know, all the fun stuff first)

BTW the mouldings came from Tanker via Duncan (about a dogs age ago), thanks guys. Betcha didn't think it would ever happen.

z86kOrN.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I remember I had the repro rubber for the cargo windows. and those moldings were quite the kit-kat to install as the repro rubber is larger than the stock ones. I think I may have even bent one getting it on there...

Looks good Kelly.  I know how long it takes to get a wags together....

• Like 1

We did that back glass when we still lived "in town"....we moved out in 2015.

Got the goon in '13 and now have time (bwahahaha) and room. Think I may even have most of the parts also. Excepting an interior.

• 4 weeks later...

All but one of the door weatherstrips are installed.

rYR2tuZ.jpg

Found another use for them binder clips....on the last effing door.

LLx7s97.jpg

On to the inner hatch seal. The profile is sort of a "J" shape. I intend to put the longer part of the "J" toward the outside, cuz it seem right.

I could be wrong, as I have said before, it happens alot.

il50ZBg.jpg

Somebody yell if I'm fixin' to jack this up like Hogan's goat

One more...

The trim panel on the lower half of the "B" pillar appears to be metal (well, a magnet stuck to it).

Is this just a spring clip on the back that just needs to be gingerly removed?

9snlR1I.jpg

Baby steps going on over here.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:40 PM, Aaron Datsun said:

3800, and a hug.

Seriously though would love to know if he decides on a price and what that is, assuming you don't buy it from him when he settles on the price.

The price he threw out there was 15K.

I haven't said no yet, but I also haven't said yes.

Might need that hug after all.

10 hours ago, KELMO said:

The price he threw out there was 15K.

I haven't said no yet, but I also haven't said yes.

Might need that hug after all.

Interesting to hear. That's a proper price. 510s are big money over here atm. Wagons not so much. Which has always made me wonder about the difference between the US and Aust scenes. Almost no one over here hops up wagons, but they make a lot of sense if you want to go drag racing or similar... or you want the extra space. 😉 

21 hours ago, KELMO said:

One more...

Is this just a spring clip on the back that just needs to be gingerly removed?

9snlR1I.jpg

Baby steps going on over here.

This is the metal panel that has a grain-like texture in the surface, yes?

If I recall correctly that trim panel has two or three small pins on it.  They are about the size of a finish nail.  Mine were all broken or bent to hell.  I ended up buying some industrial velcro and attached them that way.

Yes, that be the one. Guess I'll go the gingerly route and see if I can keep myself from jacking it up too bad. I do, however, have a 4DR sitting tin the back of the shop I could experiment on.

Next problem.

0dsI00G.jpg

With the new weatherstrips installed, the door now stick out about 10mm. Tried to adjust the striker on the pillar towards the center of the car and no dice. I figure I'll let her set a bit and let the seals form in a little and go from there. Plenty of other shite to do around here.

Like the inner hatch seal. Hey Look, more binder clips.

oh72SEI.jpg

2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Emphasis on the "WERE".  This posting has been hijacked by 510 fan[atic]s.  Let's get back to the 411 of the original posting.

We can go back to the 411 if I can put in my shop.

Hijacked? Well, I mean it IS a 510 thread to begin with so I fail to see the problem.

Be careful mister or I'll stink up this here thread with some 1200 stuff.

Watch, hold on.

sxK2jMf.jpg

dXRMYzl.jpg

AyjsP1f.jpg

So there, pppppffffffffttttt🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 months later...

So I am back to weatherstrips. I've done the outer hatch seal (on the body) and am working on the inner. This looks correct but hey, you know me, got this feeling in the back of my head that this may not be correct. Can anyone verify?

TWW6z9N.jpg

xI24kBu.jpg

• 2 months later...

Slowly I keep doing stuff to this thing. I got the 2" lowering spring kit from T3.

Out with the old.

MKOkbMo.jpg

The rear bushing needs to come out. 

iBgNjNi.jpg

9f9GiD2.jpg

In with the new.

SsQE2ip.jpg

KoDmpun.jpg

The lower bushing in this pic has been moved to the inner side.

ZWgisjd.jpg

This has all been just set in place as there is an issue with the front eyelet bushing and bolt and the rear end needs to come out and be cleaned up and some brackets added for mounting the leaf springs. Not a 510 rear end so mounting will have to be fabbed up. I am lucky enough to know someone that can weld.

• Like 2