So, I bought this goon ..........

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nah, I think I'll just try swapping gut first..........there is plenty of other stuff I can fuck up like a BOSS, just wait and see.

• Like 1

Ok, todays toils and troubles.........

1370197207484_zps51582df5.jpg

1370192781405_zps17ff119a.jpg

Well, posted those out of order....ah who cares.  So as suggested earlier, I decided to move the guts around.  Pulled the back half out of each side and presto(well it wasn't that fast), now I have calipers mounted to the rear.  Time to start moving towards the front.

ncCbjrL.jpg

AkX03uV.jpg

4uIWEPK.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, there was some trial and error as I am mediocre at taking stuff apart and putting it back together......but add in some actual thinking...ppfftt.

• Like 1

The ebrake bits all came out as one part....whether it seals again after being taken apart remains to be seen.  The rubber at the back end was in good shape so.....I hope.  Still need to get the hose that connects the front hard line to the dist valve that goes to the rear calipers.

• Like 1

Not too much done this weekend.  Got the rubber line from the front brake line to the distribution valve on the rear on, also replaced the rubber lines on the front calipers.  Went ot the JY today and scored an ebrake cable from a 74 B210, hopefully I can adapt that to the wagoon.

• Like 1

Well, no pics today nothing really interesting doe this weekend.

Took out the ebrake handle and cable and the only thing I had to cut was a clevis pin.  So if anybody needs a ebrake cable assembly, well the handle and cable from the cab to the rear axle anyway, hit me up.  Still need to drill the hole for the tunnel mounted ebrake...don't have a bit big enough ( story of my life).  Did the copper seals on all the rubber brake lines and pulled the brake master cylinder off, so maybe next weekend I will find out if I can make this thing stop.  Also mounted the remote cable/handle for the gas door.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, little bit o progress today.....

1372623582403_zpsc8698bee.jpg

glass installed

1372625711894_zpscef7f801.jpg

This is only the second time I have installed fixed glass ( with some help from the wife), always get a little nervous doing glass.

A little brake master cylinder action

1372630178169_zpsefa08bd5.jpg

1372630895177_zpseeb374e0.jpg

maakI9G.jpg

KrllUQI.jpg

Zc4QtiH.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So, we tried to mock up the weber this weekend and it is a bit high.  Need to look at a different adapter kit I think.  We also had a discussion about going back to using an L motor thinking we could have that up and running in short order and have it ready for the Williams show in October.  On the other hand I am thinking I don't want to rush this deal as it is THE Datsun I have wanted for some time and I want it to be right (well at least by my standards :w00t: ).

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....think I'll have me another beer.

• Like 1

We were actually having that same conversation this weekend.  I could do that and put the other weber on the green 1200.

You need to stop it with these suggestions.........so, should I get the side drafts for the 200sx then?

That would be gawdawful sexy wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Well, I said I had to have it....and now I do. Weekend before this one I went down to see Datsunfreak and check out the wagon he had for sale...and bought it.  Went this weekend and picked her up.  Great guy, great deal.

It is a little over 600 miles one way between his place and mine so I put in 2400 miles over the past 2 weekends and well...alot of hours behind the wheel.  Right now I have no idea what direction I am going to go with it.  The one sure thing.....gonna make her at least good enough to drive around the block( it has been 25 or so years since I have driven a goon).  Then I want to get her good enough to make the Williams show in AZ this October probably in the diamond in the rough category as I really don't think I can get her done completely by then.

Oh, shut it ya'll let me see if I can get some pics off PB

1368921158665_zpsb9407fef.jpg

whaddaya know it worked...here we are trying to outrun a Texas storm.

1368992525868_zps2b3e90c4.jpg

at home in the garage

1369054606079_zpsfc1523bc.jpg

Tucked away in the garage with her new siblings....green one goes to get blasted tomorrow and then off to body and paint......I should really update the thread on that one now that I think of it

That is one nice garage.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

This thing got moved into the "Hey, lets work on this car" spot over the weekend.  Started getting stuff out of the engine bay and looking for the obvious replacement parts.

I figured before I hit the 5th year of ownership, I should do something.

And yes, I took a couple pics and will post in the next day or two.  Can't believe this thread is this old.

• Like 2

Up on the stands.

MXi2e15.jpg

AI7wBYO.jpg

Dang, wrong pic....harness, both master cylinders and some other crap is removed.

Also fixed a couple pics on page one and hoping to fix the what....5 other pics in this thread.

• Like 2

Trying to dig up some of the old pics...

On the dollies at the old house.

QVBPTYg.jpg

It appears at least I have installed one door weatherstrip.

akGHy9R.jpg

Where she had to live for about a year until we found the new place.

qABGX3T.jpg

Still trying to figure out what pics are what on previous pages....might work, might not.

• Like 1